Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

Yes, we must consider the following, considering this was a waiter not a DJ or a member of the band. This waiter shudda been a waiting tables, not DJ'ing or playing in the band. So considering these facts I would consider his actions to be considerably harrassing and intentional. Yep. Throw his ass in jail.

yet mani and sunni (a mere resemblance?) both say it is much ado about nothing. nothing? maybe they both went to the same Graduate School of Nothingness at Hahaallahvahd?
But they could also be right. Seeing as so few facts are available. Though more have been reported since this thread began.
It's looking more and more to me like this story has been blown out of proportion and the truth has been stretched in some of the srticles.

Why do you say that? He has a point.
Also, I wonder why jillian considers typing out "god" in English to be disrespectful but not in in Arabic? I'm pretty sure the superstition applies to writing in Hebrew only. And if not, why would Arabic be excepted?
Allah is an arabic word and though it means God, it is not what anyone not an arab speaker or muslim calls God.

It isn't a disrespect thing either. Do a little research.

Sunni is acting in a suspicious manner.

Why do you say that? He has a point.
Also, I wonder why jillian considers typing out "god" in English to be disrespectful but not in in Arabic? I'm pretty sure the superstition applies to writing in Hebrew only. And if not, why would Arabic be excepted?
In Islam there are No rules against saying or writing the name of God

This rule is only in Judiasm.

I think you have a point, but it's a nit-picking one in my opinion. The point is that this chant was recorded and it was a mob protesting the Gaza/Israeli conflict. More than likely the crowd was loud and angry.

To just get hung up on the words is nitpicking. It's the context in which these words were used. As a weapon to hurt people.

Or at least, that's what this young man is accused of.
I wonder if his cell phone video has been posted on YouTube.

Police initially said Buttafuoco also had been charged with disrupting a religious service. Spreer said that charge was not introduced at his arraignment. Newsday reported a grand jury would consider whether to bring the charge.
Who are you quoting?

Truth is, I have a huge heart.. Just not for blatant stupidity. But it takes far more than a message board to figure that out. :)
Well, I know you like cats so there is hope for you yet. :razz:

need an avatar?

arabchanterjewishwedding.png

Allah is an arabic word and though it means God, it is not what anyone not an arab speaker or muslim calls God.

It isn't a disrespect thing either. Do a little research.

Sunni is acting in a suspicious manner.

I use Allah for god sometimes and I do not speak Arabic nor am I Muslim.

Jews believe that Allah is Not the same God as the one they worship.

Muslims believe that the God of the Jews and Allah are the same.
If that is so, I then wonder why Jews would consider the god of English speakers, (which would be Christian god, no?) to be the same god as theirs?

Thanks for your explanation, but I'll wait for jillian's response. She would know best why she does what she does.

If that is so, I then wonder why Jews would consider the god of English speakers, (which would be Christian god, no?) to be the same god as theirs?

Thanks for your explanation, but I'll wait for jillian's response. She would know best why she does what she does.
:lol:

The Christian God and the Jewish God are the same God you silly girl.

Also, what do you want to bet that Jillian is an english speaking American?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

The Christian God and the Jewish God are the same God you silly girl.

Also, what do you want to bet that Jillian is an english speaking American?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jesus is Jewish? So why did they give him a Mexican name?

My point is that the law must refer to Hebrew, not English or Arabic.

Forum List

Back