Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

Jail!!! :lol:

Man you are way over the top about this Sky!!

Did you forget your meds today?? :eek:

What I love about forum posting is that one poster thinks I'm taking this too lightly, and minimizing it and another thinks I'm over the top. One poster thinks I want to bury the story, the other thinks I'm making too much of a big deal over it.

That's why I chose this signature.

I think the Jewish family, Rabbi and guests at this wedding showed remarkable restraint under the circumstances and should be highly praised.

At the very least, they should not have to pay a dime toward the wedding and I think they ought to file a civil suit for breach of contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jail!!! :lol:

Man you are way over the top about this Sky!!

Did you forget your meds today?? :eek:

have you?

why have you run away?

Playing arabic music is now Jew hating??

That is soo silly!!! :cuckoo:
Playing Arabic music (not on the playlist) at a Jewish wedding could be construed as hate if it can be determined the offender did so in order to intimidate or harass.

what is it you don't get about harassment? this is not the Arab mid east. that kind of behavior is unacceptable in a civilized society.
I guess I forgot.

This is America and the Jews have to be protected at all costs.

The guy was lucky he wasn't charged with trying to start another Holocaust!! :lol:
What? where did you get that from what I wrote?

What I love about forum posting is that one poster thinks I'm taking this too lightly, and minimizing it and another thinks I'm over the top. One poster thinks I want to bury the story, the other thinks I'm making too much of a big deal over it.

That's why I chose this signature.

maybe it's closer to the truth that others see you as conflicted and not very credible?

• Thanks
Reactions: del
maybe it's closer to the truth that others see you as conflicted and not very credible?

I'm not conflicted at all.

I dislike how Fox News reports stories like these. The hairs always rise on the back of my neck when they're 'on the story'.

There's a new cure for that. It's called: Get over yourself.

The best cure for me is that I don't watch Fox News. They don't report news they comment and 'analyze' it and tell dopes like you what to think about it.

look Sky, methinks FOX is biased. So what? ALl they do is report news with a bias. The news is still in there and if you develop your critical thinking skills a bit it enable you to live a life without being so easily disturbed by such silly things.

When the FOX News people were outraged over Katrina was that bias? Did you see Sam Sheppard? It was awesome what he said on air to his colleagues

"A waiter at a Jewish wedding who is considering converting to Islam interrupted the celebration's final prayers with recorded Arabic chants of "God is great," sparking fear among the 700 guests of a terrorist attack, Nassau police said Friday."

"But when they heard "Allahu akbar," Arabic for "God is great," "followed by some kind of demonstration of anger," Marino said, the guests became frightened.

"They thought that this could lead to some kind of terroristic act," Marino said."

Waiter serves fear at Jewish wedding in Woodbury -- Newsday.com
Ah, the cop said "they" did. This article is a bit different.

(Dumb) Waiter Feels Bad About Disrupting Wedding - Gothamist: New York City News, Food, Arts & Events

I didn't say I did or didn't. How can you make a judgment on the validity of the charge with so little info? are you a psychic too? or maybe another link that you have?
True. None of us were there. The article only relates a few of the facts.

In Judiasm, you are not to utter the name of G-d. (YHWH)

As a sign of respect, Jews don't even write the name down. By writting G-d, you have not violated this principal.

I studied with a couple of Rabbi's a few years ago and got into that habit.

In Islam there is no such restriction.
hmmmm....I've always wondered if you were really a Jew on a mission to make Muslims look like morons. :eusa_whistle:

The best cure for me is that I don't watch Fox News. They don't report news they comment and 'analyze' it and tell dopes like you what to think about it.

The commentators and news analysts do just that. It is their job. WTF, don't you get about that?

When they report straight news it is as good or sometimes better than other stations. There is FOX cable, and then their affiliates.

you really need to develop those critical thinking skills. you're starting to make me embarrassed that I even post with you in public

look Sky, methinks FOX is biased. So what? ALl they do is report news with a bias. The news is still in there and if you develop your critical thinking skills a bit it enable you to live a life without being so easily disturbed by such silly things.

When the FOX News people were outraged over Katrina was that bias? Did you see Sam Sheppard? It was awesome what he said on air to his colleagues

No, I didn't watch Sam Sheppard on Fox News. I agree with you that they're biased which is why I don't watch them and why I take any spin they do on a story with a grain of salt.

You are overstating/exaggerating my views and state of mind.

I used the term 'disturbing' and your GF had a meltdown over it minimizing the story. Why aren't you concerned about her state of mind. Go comfort her. You two are so sympatico.

No, I didn't watch Sam Sheppard on Fox News. I agree with you that they're biased which is why I don't watch them and why I take any spin they do on a story with a grain of salt.

I am not exaggerating them...the context is maybe doing so.

I apologize for not recognizing you have feathers that get ruffled.

:eusa_whistle:

"A waiter at a Jewish wedding who is considering converting to Islam interrupted the celebration's final prayers with recorded Arabic chants of "God is great," sparking fear among the 700 guests of a terrorist attack, Nassau police said Friday."

"But when they heard "Allahu akbar," Arabic for "God is great," "followed by some kind of demonstration of anger," Marino said, the guests became frightened.

"They thought that this could lead to some kind of terroristic act," Marino said."

Waiter serves fear at Jewish wedding in Woodbury -- Newsday.com
I hope they all didn't panic, start running fior exits and trample each other.

That they thought they were about to suffer a terrorist attack says more about them than the intent of the waiter.

I used the term 'disturbing' and your GF had a meltdown over it minimizing the story. Why aren't you concerned about her state of mind. Go comfort her. You two are so sympatico.

Why have you resorted to lying, and holding someone else responsible for my words? If you have a problem, take it up with me - not somebody else.

There's no doubt, or question as to your state of mind.

Forum List

Back