Waiter Charged Over Arabic Chant at Jewish Wedding

The bride and groom didn't. Who did?

"A waiter at a Jewish wedding who is considering converting to Islam interrupted the celebration's final prayers with recorded Arabic chants of "God is great," sparking fear among the 700 guests of a terrorist attack, Nassau police said Friday."

"But when they heard "Allahu akbar," Arabic for "God is great," "followed by some kind of demonstration of anger," Marino said, the guests became frightened.

"They thought that this could lead to some kind of terroristic act," Marino said."

Waiter serves fear at Jewish wedding in Woodbury -- Newsday.com

He should have been fired. Period.

But since it involved the "Chosen People".

Everything has to be turned into a big deal!! :evil:

where do you get this? like mani do you have a crystal ball? teh guy is being charged with violating the law.

do you disagree with the law?

did you agree with the Muslims who were thrown off the plane that they were harassed and discriminated against? did you call that a hate crime?

I'm not grasping, I simply don't know. Normally waiters at wedding have down time, especially when the bride and groom are exchanging vows. We also don't know if the DJ was using a wireless mic...cell phones can and do interfere with wireless systems, especially crappy ones that you run across in church.

But of course, I defer to your expertise on any subject under the sun. :cuckoo:

Where did I claim I was an expert at anything? I merely stated you don't fuck around with crap like that while at work. If you do, and you screw up, and get caught...your bad. Too bad, so sad.

Never being able to get a job again because of a felony record sure is a stiff price to pay for the lesson IMO.
I agree that felony is too severe a charge for this offense.
Hopefully it will happen as sky says, that it will be plea bargained down to misdemeanor.

they weren't offended; they were scared. they thought it was a terrorist attack

I didn't see where it says they thought it was a terrorist attack, but terrorism is the intention to committ an act to terrify your enemy.

Clearly, this recording of a mob chanting a phrase that terrorists use when they set off suicide bombs must have been very disturbing in the middle of a religious Jewish wedding ceremony.

This is psychological harassment. This occurs during the current war in Gaza.

Just as an aside. I found the ATF's misuse of Buddhist monks chanting at screaming volume during the Koresh/Waco incident disturbing, hurtful and offensive to me as a Buddhist.

Last edited by a moderator:
why? in your world if someone disses your religion you simply hack off their heads! why would you be amazed?
His world??? He lives in Boston. Lots of Muslims in Boston and elsewhere in the US. No one is hacking heads off.

How come you can type out Allah but not God?
In Judiasm, you are not to utter the name of G-d. (YHWH)

As a sign of respect, Jews don't even write the name down. By writting G-d, you have not violated this principal.

I studied with a couple of Rabbi's a few years ago and got into that habit.

In Islam there is no such restriction.

I didn't see where it says they thought it was a terrorist attack, but terrorism is the intention to committ an act to terrify your enemy.

Clearly, this recording of a mob chanting a phrase that terrorists use when they set off suicide bombs must have been very disturbing in the middle of a religious Jewish wedding ceremony.

This is psychological harassment. This occurs during the current war in Gaza.

"disturbing"?? Oh lordy.

Forum List

Back