Wages still $2.13 for restaurant workers

You're in favor of government meddling when it comes to marriage and abortion but not when we're talking about fair pay. Typical rw.

Proof please that EVERY waitperson makes $14 per hour in tips. Or is it only Republicans who ALL made $14 an hour in tips. Betcha, one of you lame ass rw's will say you made twice that, every single day. Liars.

Why is it that we can always count on the rw's to pile on any issue of equality?

And, the best many can do is attack the messenger? That FACT says it all.
I never said EVERY worker made 14 per hour.....In fact, like all jobs, you get out of it what you put into it.

I can guarantee you that after you add the tips made and the wages earned, that their bottom line is NOT FUCKING 2.13 per hour, is it?

Why do you feel you have to lie about this in order to make your point?

People make good money as wait staff, provided your friendly, smile and offer good service.

Force them to make just minimum wage with no tips, and your going to get food thrown at you from the kitchen because the staff can't be bothered to spend 8 hours on their feet just to feed your ass.

Why is it that leftist have to remove incentive for a phoney 'equality' that will never exist?

Indeed. If they didn't make decent wages? They'd be looking elsewhere.
Yep.....when you work hard, and don't get rewarded for it, at least well compensated, people tend to move on..at least in the restaurant industry. But hell, truckers are God fearing, decent morals, conservatives who often appreciate being served (preferably by a cute little thing) and show their appreciation by generously tipping. I would venture to say that those establishments that cater to the left have the gratuity added into the bill so as not to be bothered with friendly service or hard work.

We should build a giant strawman aka like that movie and then burn it in tribute to lowering the wages of wait staff!

I never said EVERY worker made 14 per hour.....In fact, like all jobs, you get out of it what you put into it.

I can guarantee you that after you add the tips made and the wages earned, that their bottom line is NOT FUCKING 2.13 per hour, is it?

Why do you feel you have to lie about this in order to make your point?

People make good money as wait staff, provided your friendly, smile and offer good service.

Force them to make just minimum wage with no tips, and your going to get food thrown at you from the kitchen because the staff can't be bothered to spend 8 hours on their feet just to feed your ass.

Why is it that leftist have to remove incentive for a phoney 'equality' that will never exist?

Indeed. If they didn't make decent wages? They'd be looking elsewhere.
Yep.....when you work hard, and don't get rewarded for it, at least well compensated, people tend to move on..at least in the restaurant industry. But hell, truckers are God fearing, decent morals, conservatives who often appreciate being served (preferably by a cute little thing) and show their appreciation by generously tipping. I would venture to say that those establishments that cater to the left have the gratuity added into the bill so as not to be bothered with friendly service or hard work.

Aye
icon14.gif

Minimum Wage For Restaurant Servers Remains Stagnant For 20 Years Under Industry Lobbying

And, the right fought to keep it that way.

The restaurant industry, led by the National Restaurant Association -- and its board chairman Herman Cain, who would later become the group's president -- successfully pressured lawmakers to have the minimum wage for tipped employees separated from the increase and kept at $2.13.

Really, there's no excuse for this. And no excuse for it to be a political issue. But it is.

That's what I made as a bartender and on the weekend nights I'd take in over $200 in tips each night.

Minimum Wage For Restaurant Servers Remains Stagnant For 20 Years Under Industry Lobbying

The restaurant industry, led by the National Restaurant Association -- and its board chairman Herman Cain, who would later become the group's president -- successfully pressured lawmakers to have the minimum wage for tipped employees separated from the increase and kept at $2.13.
Really, there's no excuse for this. And no excuse for it to be a political issue. But it is.

That's what I made as a bartender and on the weekend nights I'd take in over $200 in tips each night.
Nice....10/hr shift is 20 per hour...a far cry from that 2.13, eh?

So your prescription is what? More Government meddling?

You're in favor of government meddling when it comes to marriage and abortion but not when we're talking about fair pay. Typical rw.

Gee, no mention of the 14.00 per hour in tips?

Proof please that EVERY waitperson makes $14 per hour in tips. Or is it only Republicans who ALL made $14 an hour in tips. Betcha, one of you lame ass rw's will say you made twice that, every single day. Liars.

Why is it that we can always count on the rw's to pile on any issue of equality?

You're a great example for keeping abortion legal.

I'm in favor of Life, Liberty, Persuit of happiness without Government intrusion jackal.

Your Mel Gibson avatar notwithstanding, you're a bagger aka follower.

FACT - as long as money is the deciding factor in who runs and who wins, there will never be a serious third party threat to the status quo.

Its followers like you that guarantee that because, as much as you screech about it, you WILL follow the rules already set out for you. You WILL vote for Mittens.

I'm in favor of Life, Liberty, Persuit of happiness without Government intrusion jackal.

Your Mel Gibson avatar notwithstanding, you're a bagger aka follower.

FACT - as long as money is the deciding factor in who runs and who wins, there will never be a serious third party threat to the status quo.

Its followers like you that guarantee that because, as much as you screech about it, you WILL follow the rules already set out for you. You WILL vote for Mittens.

Stopped reading there.

I guess most of us have probably worked in a restaurant at some point in our lives. I tried my stint as a waitress and sucked at it. Fortunately I was able to move to the kitchen where I was a damn good short order cook, though I did make somewhat less than I did waiting tables as bad as I was at that.

The law is pretty specific. Yes, the base wage for a server is usually pretty low, but all tips have to be reported as a matter of law and are included in the server's income less whatever is shared with bussers, etc. And those tips are fully taxable.

If a waitress does not earn enough in tips on top of the base wage to equal minimum wage, the employer has to make up the difference. Such a waitress would be so hopelessly inept at her job, however, that she wouldn't last long in the position unless the restaurant was about to go out of business anyway.

Last edited:
This has to be the worse spanking I've seen on this forum.. The OP will need Tucks medicated pads for a week.

Fine up there wage and I stop tipping. And yes I tip more than the customary 18% minimum of five dollars if bill is under 5.00

You're a great example for keeping abortion legal.

Translation - I'm right and you can't deny it.

You are a good reason for retroactive birth control. ;)

I tip 20% unless the waiter/waitress is really dour and brings Me down. I don't withhold tips for poor kitchen service (say the meal takes to long to come out) but will withhold a tip of the waitperson brings Me cold food. Check it first, and get it heated before bringing it to ME. If I have to wait, then tell Me it is going to be a few minutes extra, but cold food (unless I ordered something cold) is a huge faux pas.

Forum List

Back