Wages still $2.13 for restaurant workers

Use wisely your power of choice. If you are 20, and you are working as a waiter while going to college, good choice. If you are 40 and are a waiter making $2 and change an hour plus tips, you have made some poor choices in your life and don't ask this taxpayer to help your stupid ass out.

I agree with you..but there are many people that really do enjoy that type of work.

And moms that just want to earn extra cash for themselves or family vacations.

Immie

We need FDR Wage laws so that the restaurant business collapses and can only survive with government handouts. $30/hour minimum wage!

Since Applebees was already brought into this conversation by another, and I have quite a bit of knowledge about how it operates I will use this as an example.

In California there is no tip minimum wage, the business must pay you the federal minimum wage of 7.50/hour. Does Applebees struggle in California, or do they have higher prices.

The answer to both questions, is no. Care to explain?

we had one close last month......not much business.....hey you asked.....
Applebee's International Inc. (APPB) said on Wednesday that it is closing 24 of its 528 company-owned restaurants.
"These restaurant closures will have a positive impact on our future earnings, cash flow and return on invested capital," said Dave Goebel, president and chief executive officer, in a statement.
The company said that in the past, it has closed an average of one or two company-owned restaurants per year.

Oops

Oops

Four Ventura County Applebee’s locations are closing at the end of business today.
The Applebee’s in Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Ventura and Simi Valley will be shut down, according to Applebee’s spokesman Miles McMillan. He added that the decision was made by the franchise operator.
He identified the franchisee as the Breckenridge Group, which is also shuttering Applebee’s in Chatsworth, Palmdale and Santa Clarita.
“It’s our hope a new franchisee will come in and re-open them,” McMillin said.

Oops

Four Ventura County Applebee’s locations are closing at the end of business today.
The Applebee’s in Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Ventura and Simi Valley will be shut down, according to Applebee’s spokesman Miles McMillan. He added that the decision was made by the franchise operator.
He identified the franchisee as the Breckenridge Group, which is also shuttering Applebee’s in Chatsworth, Palmdale and Santa Clarita.

Thread ending post.

But I suspect the left will ignore it and continue the diversion from Obummers record...............

Oops

Thread ending post.

But I suspect the left will ignore it and continue the diversion from Obummers record...............
It had to have been that 2.13 per hour wage they were paying. :eusa_shifty:

Minimum Wage For Restaurant Servers Remains Stagnant For 20 Years Under Industry Lobbying

And, the right fought to keep it that way.

The restaurant industry, led by the National Restaurant Association -- and its board chairman Herman Cain, who would later become the group's president -- successfully pressured lawmakers to have the minimum wage for tipped employees separated from the increase and kept at $2.13.

Really, there's no excuse for this. And no excuse for it to be a political issue. But it is.

For servers you idiot...

Servers make their money off gratuity...

As a former server and pizza delivery boy myself I tip between 50 and 75% when I can afford it.... Obviously that is on top of the mandatory gratuity charge they get anyways....

Make no mistake - servers get paid and many make good money.

I was pulling $150 - $200 a day at 18-years old working a double shift (12-15 hours) at IHOP... I was making $750 - $1,000 a week.

Hell, I worked as a delivery driver for this one pizza joint that had massive corporate orders at lunch -- they would buy 5-10 pizzas and tip me 30-50 bucks - and I only worked 3 hours and I would bring home $100 bucks minimum everyday.

When you work for gratuity your paycheck is meaningless - it's like $100 bucks - most of your money comes from tips - and there is actually big money to be made in tips.

Mandatory gratuity is 2.00 on a delivery + gas 2.50 (that is $4.50) + whatever the tip is - you're talking minimum of 6 bucks a trip that takes you 15 minutes to make. So if you work at a busy place you're making $24 bucks an hour + your salary of $2.00 an hour... So you're making at MINIMUM $26.00 an hour..

Last edited:
My youngest daughter is a waitress at Applebee's and she makes some impressive money for her age.

What's the point again?

Wow. What's her health care plan like. How's her dental?

need a job Dean?.....a guy your age will look kinda stupid working with 17-20 year olds....but then maybe with your Engineering background you can keep the stoves working....

Minimum Wage For Restaurant Servers Remains Stagnant For 20 Years Under Industry Lobbying

The restaurant industry, led by the National Restaurant Association -- and its board chairman Herman Cain, who would later become the group's president -- successfully pressured lawmakers to have the minimum wage for tipped employees separated from the increase and kept at $2.13.

Really, there's no excuse for this. And no excuse for it to be a political issue. But it is.

stop slobbering, you have not the slightest idea of what you're on about.

you do know that the dept. of labor lets their employers pay the lower base wages as long the employee earns at least the minimum $7.25 when their tips are included?

If their tips don't climb above that threshold, the employer MUST add the rest.

according to the the census, they average between $11 and 24 bucks an hour......

go dry your tears.

41Y0LFfJTeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Why is luddy against good wages for wait staff?

My guess luddy is a server, sucks at it, gets no tips, and only makes $2.13 an hour.

Then your buddy is an idiot and only deserves $2.13/hour. Because in all 50 states he could apply to the Wage/Hour folks and bring his employer up on charges and receive minimum wage.

My guess luddy is a server, sucks at it, gets no tips, and only makes $2.13 an hour.

Then your buddy is an idiot and only deserves $2.13/hour. Because in all 50 states he could apply to the Wage/Hour folks and bring his employer up on charges and receive minimum wage.

Hehe,

Read the post you quoted again. Note: concentrate on who the server is in SF's post. :D

Immie

He probably could do that, but where is he going to work next week?

Hehe,

Read the post you quoted again. Note: concentrate on who the server is in SF's post. :D

Immie

Ah you';re right. Read it wrong. Sorry about that Sniper. Still, if he is that bad a waiter, I don't know anybody running a restaurant that would keep him on. He gets maybe a week's work, he IS entitled to minimum wage, and then he's out the door for incompetence.

Right now they make 9.92 an hour..... plus tips.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general/189516-make-25-standard-tip-rate.html

Forum List

Back