Wages at Golden Corral $2.13 an hour

Your tips are NOT someone's hourly wage. The wage he gets from his employer is his hourly wage. A tip is simply extra. A customer is not paying your wages, nor should they be expected to. The employer needs to ensure he is paying a decent wage to his/her employees, instead of expecting them to grovel to customers. If you want to grovel, go out on the street, stick a sign around your neck, and let people throw you a few coins.

Dimwit, a tip is only "extra" for losers like you who are incapable of earning based on performance and only get a tip when someone feels an extra jolt of pity (or happens to drop a couple of pieces of change out of their pocket and not want to bother picking it up, whatever).

Learn the concept of "commission", and understand that the social structure doesn't stop existing simply because there's the occasional pathetic freak who can't operate inside of it.

By the way, your view of giving good service as "groveling" tells us all we need to know about how you do your job, and how desperately dependent you are on the ability to force someone to give you money. It's obvious to me that if you ever became dependent solely on your own talents and skills and discipline, you'd starve.

Your tips are NOT someone's hourly wage. The wage he gets from his employer is his hourly wage. A tip is simply extra. A customer is not paying your wages, nor should they be expected to. The employer needs to ensure he is paying a decent wage to his/her employees, instead of expecting them to grovel to customers. If you want to grovel, go out on the street, stick a sign around your neck, and let people throw you a few coins.

I've worked all kind of jobs and no matter what, you have a boss and that boss pays you. People who work for tips MUST PERFORM or they get nothing.

Why do you believe that you are better?

So, I take it you don't tip, eh?

Just remember - your pizza guy is taking VERY GOOD CARE of your extra-cheese peperone when he's all alone with it on the long ride to your house. :)

Customers ALWAYS pay someone's hourly wage.

Not in the form of tips, they don't.

Customers ALWAYS pay someone's hourly wage. No customers no wage, whether that comes from an hourly pay or through tips is not my concern, that is why I always tip, I PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS.

Restaurants that do not allow me to tip a service provider DO NOT GET MY BUSINESS.

Dimwit, a tip is only "extra" for losers like you who are incapable of earning based on performance
Exactly. Noomi is perfectly happy being a bottom feeder, but is too much of a simpleton to realize there are better paths and I'm quite sure after a couple more decades of flipping burgers she'll realize how poor her choices were in being complacent committing her life to a career doing a job that requires little skill.

Kinda part and parcel of what we used to call "the point of the exercise".

Not in the form of tips, they don't.

Customers ALWAYS pay someone's hourly wage. No customers no wage, whether that comes from an hourly pay or through tips is not my concern, that is why I always tip, I PUT MY MONEY WHERE MY MOUTH IS.

Restaurants that do not allow me to tip a service provider DO NOT GET MY BUSINESS.

Noomi thinks it doesn't count unless it goes through the middle man of a boss who can be forced by law to pay her the exact same amount as someone who's smart, capable, motivated, and attractive, no matter what. Income that results from her actually being worth something to someone is, by definition, non-existent.

I made about 1,000 bucks a week as a server once. I didn't have nice legs or big boobs.

My mom was a waitress most of her working life. In terms of accuracy and efficiency, she could sometimes leave something to be desired, but she had an overabundance of Southern charm, and routinely came home with hundreds of dollars in tips stuffed in her uniform pockets. Her customers loved her.

I made about 1,000 bucks a week as a server once. I didn't have nice legs or big boobs.

My mom was a waitress most of her working life. In terms of accuracy and efficiency, she could sometimes leave something to be desired, but she had an overabundance of Southern charm, and routinely came home with hundreds of dollars in tips stuffed in her uniform pockets. Her customers loved her.

It's all about selling yourself.

Good for her. Admirable.

Tell that to the fucking government.

You tell them ass-wipe.

Tips AREN'T an hourly wage, but they are taxable income.

You tell them ass-wipe.

Cash tips are only taxable if the server elects to report them.

I don't know of any hourly wage job that can claim the same.

It's all about selling yourself.

Good for her. Admirable.

I'll tell you something else. Anyone who looks at a job that offers tips, commission, performance bonuses, and just looks at the base wage is missing the entire point, and should get into another line of work. My job pays an okay rate, but the thing that sold me on it was the performance bonus. It's not easy to get, granted, and the vast majority of my coworkers never do . . . because they never even try to. It requires me to do more than just sit there and answer questions by rote; I have to really think about what I'm doing and engage the customers I talk to. I love having that control over my paycheck, though.

You tell them ass-wipe.

In other words, the IRS treats them exactly the same way they treat your hourly wage.

You tell them ass-wipe.

In other words, the IRS treats them exactly the same way they treat your hourly wage.

I do remember a time, long, long ago when 10% of the total tab was reported to the IRS as income on a W2 by the employer on the assumption the server was tipped 10%.

They still do.

Tax Topics - Topic 761 Tips ? Withholding and Reporting

Forum List

Back