Wages at Golden Corral $2.13 an hour

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Looks like the cons have succeeded in making the U.S. a banana republic.
Our dinner was $26.00

The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Our dinner was $26.00

Minimum wage already exists and it isn't $2.13 an hour. That busboy is full of shit and you're an idiot for believing that he's making $80 a week.

So far all the asshole cons think it's a big joke for workers to make $2.13 an hour. Fucking people is the GOP platform.

The credibility of the bus boy's statement is in question. That's all.

Oh- and he better not have been black. You could easily be labeled a racist for referring to him as "boy".

Our dinner was $26.00

I can't believe you are that stupid.

So far all the asshole cons think it's a big joke for workers to make $2.13 an hour. Fucking people is the GOP platform.

How much should minimum wage be? Should it cover ObamaCare? Housing? Food? Should you have to do anything short of Voting Democrat to collect?

Our dinner was $26.00

Minimum wage already exists and it isn't $2.13 an hour. That busboy is full of shit and you're an idiot for believing that he's making $80 a week.

Fact is, he probably is making that wage. Virtually every state has a tip-adjusted minimum wage for servers. The wage is generally half or less than current minimum wage.

What if the government took from each according to his means and redistributed to each according to their (government determined) needs?

Wouldn't that be the best system evah!!!?

Golden Corral is a buffet where you pay up front

Waiters just refill your drinks and busboys clear plate after plate. Many people don't tip or just leave a buck because they are serving themselves

Golden Corral is a buffet where you pay up front

Waiters just refill your drinks and busboys clear plate after plate. Many people don't tip or just leave a buck because they are serving themselves

Liberals dont tip. We already said that.

What if the government took from each according to his means and redistributed to each according to their (government determined) needs?

Wouldn't that be the best system evah!!!?

sounds like a good start. How about we just have economic justice? Everyone given a fair shot...that sounds better...OP you think its bad now. Wait till the libertardians poster boy Rand Paul becomes president...poverty will shoot through the damn roof. Along with homelessness,starvation,etc etc.

The bus boy is full of it.
$2.13 an hour is about normal for tip-able employees. Having said that, an employee cannot earn LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE - including tips. So if a waitress has a crappy night, the business must pay her the difference between the $2/hr and whatever it takes to get to min. wage.
Same with a bus boy, who is likely feeding you a line of crap hoping you give him money. I would wager $100 he is paid min. wage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back