Wages at Golden Corral $2.13 an hour

What if the government took from each according to his means and redistributed to each according to their (government determined) needs?

Wouldn't that be the best system evah!!!?

sounds like a good start. How about we just have economic justice? Everyone given a fair shot...that sounds better...OP you think its bad now. Wait till the libertardians poster boy Rand Paul becomes president...poverty will shoot through the damn roof. Along with homelessness,starvation,etc etc.

captain_hyperbole.jpg

The bus boy is full of it.
$2.13 an hour is about normal for tip-able employees. Having said that, an employee cannot earn LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE - including tips. So if a waitress has a crappy night, the business must pay her the difference between the $2/hr and whatever it takes to get to min. wage.

Wrong!

Wage and Hour Division (WHD)

Minimum Wages for Tipped Employees

Show a statute that proves your claim.

What if the government took from each according to his means and redistributed to each according to their (government determined) needs?

sounds like a good start. How about we just have economic justice? Everyone given a fair shot...that sounds better...OP you think its bad now. Wait till the libertardians poster boy Rand Paul becomes president...poverty will shoot through the damn roof. Along with homelessness,starvation,etc etc.

Dah! Dah!! The Proletariat must control the means of production!

$2.13 an hour is about normal for tip-able employees. Having said that, an employee cannot earn LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE - including tips. So if a waitress has a crappy night, the business must pay her the difference between the $2/hr and whatever it takes to get to min. wage.

Wrong!

I don't need a statute, I have two kids in college working as waiters/waitress.
Both places they have worked do this. Course this might be an Indiana thing.

Wait...your link proves what I am saying??

Last edited:
Golden Corral is a buffet where you pay up front

Waiters just refill your drinks and busboys clear plate after plate. Many people don't tip or just leave a buck because they are serving themselves

Liberals dont tip. We already said that.

Of course not

We get everything for free

No, you just complain to the government that you should. and even after they meet your demands, it's never enough. That's how liberalism works. Like a parasite on a host.

Wrong!

Is bussing tables a tipped employee?

Not anywhere I know of.
Some restaurants do "tip splitting" where bussers are given 10% of tips, this is how it is where my daughter works.
Regardless, the kid is not making $2.13. He probably knows what the waitress makes and hoped he would get a quick $5.

The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Looks like the cons have succeeded in making the U.S. a banana republic.
Our dinner was $26.00

Minimum wage already exists and it isn't $2.13 an hour. That busboy is full of shit and you're an idiot for believing that he's making $80 a week.

Fact is, he probably is making that wage. Virtually every state has a tip-adjusted minimum wage for servers. The wage is generally half or less than current minimum wage.
I do frequent Golden Corral, especially on week-ends for breakfast/lunch. The staff there is always friendly, and they work hard, in return I always tip between 20-25%. I'm hoping the other patrons also appreciate the service, and provide a descent tip as well, so these folks could earn a fair wage.

Dah! Dah!! The Proletariat must control the means of production!

Not quite.

The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Our dinner was $26.00

Why do they need medical benefits, Obamacare is the law of the land?

Maybe that's the job he really, really loves and he can do it and not worry about healthcare benefits.

He can even go from restaurant to restaurant and keep his doctor.

Wrong!

I don't need a statute, I have two kids in college working as waiters/waitress.
Both places they have worked do this. Course this might be an Indiana thing.

Wait...your link proves what I am saying??

My link shows the hourly wage. It does not state that the employer must make up any differences.

That is the lie you perpetrated.

Last edited:

Wrong!

What is the relevance?

Minimum wage already exists and it isn't $2.13 an hour. That busboy is full of shit and you're an idiot for believing that he's making $80 a week.

Fact is, he probably is making that wage. Virtually every state has a tip-adjusted minimum wage for servers. The wage is generally half or less than current minimum wage.
I do frequent Golden Corral, especially on week-ends for breakfast/lunch. The staff there is always friendly, and they work hard, in return I always tip between 20-25%. I'm hoping the other patrons also appreciate the service, and provide a descent tip as well, so these folks could earn a fair wage.

I tip generously also, but I will not reward bad service and fortunately I rarely experience bad service.

Golden Corral is a buffet where you pay up front

Waiters just refill your drinks and busboys clear plate after plate. Many people don't tip or just leave a buck because they are serving themselves
In my case, the number of plates that they clear is substantial, and the refills as well, so I provide a generous tip on the table before I leave.

Our dinner was $26.00

Why do they need medical benefits, Obamacare is the law of the land?

Maybe that's the job he really, really loves and he can do it and not worry about healthcare benefits.

He can even go from restaurant to restaurant and keep his doctor.

Chances are that if he's a busboy, he's living at home and on his parents health insurance.

Forum List

Back