Wages at Golden Corral $2.13 an hour

Wrong!

Wage and Hour Division (WHD)

Minimum Wages for Tipped Employees

Show a statute that proves your claim.

I don't need a statute, I have two kids in college working as waiters/waitress.
Both places they have worked do this. Course this might be an Indiana thing.

Wait...your link proves what I am saying??

My link shows the hourly wage. It does not state that the employer must make up any differences.

That is the lie you perpetrated.

Screw you, lie I perpetrated...go to hell.
People can and do say things in error, doesn't mean they are lying idiot.

Besides that..... http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm

Characteristics

Tipped employees are those who customarily and regularly receive more than $30 per month in tips. Tips are the property of the employee. The employer is prohibited from using an employee’s tips for any reason other than as a credit against its minimum wage obligation to the employee (“tip credit”) or in furtherance of a valid tip pool. Only tips actually received by the employee may be counted in determining whether the employee is a tipped employee and in applying the tip credit.

Tip Credit: Section 3(m) of the FLSA permits an employer to take a tip credit toward its minimum wage obligation for tipped employees equal to the difference between the required cash wage (which must be at least $2.13) and the federal minimum wage. Thus, the maximum tip credit that an employer can currently claim under the FLSA is $5.12 per hour (the minimum wage of $7.25 minus the minimum required cash wage of $2.13).

If anyone has had to supplement their income by being a waiter or waitress knows what it is like to take two jobs to make their budgets work. I tip generously as well, usually 30%, sometimes even more for outstanding service and personalities just to see them smile for I am blessed and would like to share. However, for poor service...I will keep to the traditional 20% and hope they can get their act together.

The busboy is lying.

Golden Corral salaries

Golden Corral Hourly Pay | Glassdoor

For a teen with his first job $3.42 isn't bad at all. If it's someone trying to support a family on these kinds of wages, it's his own fault.
^ republican talking point.
Its their fault the rich CEO's won't pay a higher wage!

It's because of this CEO that the job is there in the first place. He is running the company well enough for it to prosper and grow lead to hiring more and more people. These people can show their strengths and move up the corporate ladder and perhaps be a CEO at a time in the future.

At that time one would say this person has paid his dues and should reap the rewards for a job well done. No doubt he will continue to work hard to continue to make that company a success, which is not a an 8 hour job. Let he earn the big bucks.

The busboy is lying.

Golden Corral salaries

Golden Corral Hourly Pay | Glassdoor

For a teen with his first job $3.42 isn't bad at all. If it's someone trying to support a family on these kinds of wages, it's his own fault.

It's because of this CEO that the job is there in the first place. He is running the company well enough for it to prosper and grow lead to hiring more and more people. These people can show their strengths and move up the corporate ladder and perhaps be a CEO at a time in the future.

At that time one would say this person has paid his dues and should reap the rewards for a job well done. No doubt he will continue to work hard to continue to make that company a success, which is not a an 8 hour job. Let he earn the big bucks.

If he values his employees so much pay them a wage they can live on. EVERYONE deserves a livable wage. Not just him. I like my job but I get shit pay...why should I quit or find something new? They need to pay more. Economic Justice is what's needed. We must all help each other that means the uber rich helping the really poor...

Liberals dont tip. We already said that.

Of course not

We get everything for free

No, you just complain to the government that you should. and even after they meet your demands, it's never enough. That's how liberalism works. Like a parasite on a host.

No, actually, we get everything free

I just flash my Liberal Card (all card carrying liberals have one), wink and it is on the house

I don't need a statute, I have two kids in college working as waiters/waitress.
Both places they have worked do this. Course this might be an Indiana thing.

Wait...your link proves what I am saying??

My link shows the hourly wage. It does not state that the employer must make up any differences.

That is the lie you perpetrated.

Screw you, lie I perpetrated...go to hell.
People can and do say things in error, doesn't mean they are lying idiot.

Besides that..... http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs15.htm

Characteristics

Tipped employees are those who customarily and regularly receive more than $30 per month in tips. Tips are the property of the employee. The employer is prohibited from using an employee’s tips for any reason other than as a credit against its minimum wage obligation to the employee (“tip credit”) or in furtherance of a valid tip pool. Only tips actually received by the employee may be counted in determining whether the employee is a tipped employee and in applying the tip credit.

Tip Credit: Section 3(m) of the FLSA permits an employer to take a tip credit toward its minimum wage obligation for tipped employees equal to the difference between the required cash wage (which must be at least $2.13) and the federal minimum wage. Thus, the maximum tip credit that an employer can currently claim under the FLSA is $5.12 per hour (the minimum wage of $7.25 minus the minimum required cash wage of $2.13).

Permitting is not requiring.

If he values his employees so much pay them a wage they can live on. EVERYONE deserves a livable wage. Not just him. I like my job but I get shit pay...why should I quit or find something new? They need to pay more. Economic Justice is what's needed. We must all help each other that means the uber rich helping the really poor...
No, they do not. Everyone deserves a chance at earning a livable wage, but the wage they earn is up to them.

You seem to be just another moron.

You should quit or find something new (or improve your skills to get promoted or improve your skills to get a better job) because you're an adult. And adults are responsible for their own lives. It is not the responsibility of someone else to put food on your table. Never has been, never will be. That's your responsibility.

No, they do not. Everyone deserves a chance at earning a livable wage, but the wage they earn is up to them.

Yes they do. I am no moron I simply see the injustice in this country and want it changed. I would violently seize the profits of the top 100 richest assholes in this country and spread that wealth around simply for pissing me off. The workers are the CEO's slave who keep coming to work every day HOPING for a raise or better working conditions or something! To feed their families better to get a better car just a little better..nothing gets better. Political games help the rich because they can use their wealth to buy congress and the president and the poor and down trodden get stepped on even worse. Its time for that shit to end.

Yes they do. I am no moron I simply see the injustice in this country and want it changed. I would violently seize the profits of the top 100 richest assholes in this country and spread that wealth around simply for pissing me off. The workers are the CEO's slave who keep coming to work every day HOPING for a raise or better working conditions or something! To feed their families better to get a better car just a little better..nothing gets better. Political games help the rich because they can use their wealth to buy congress and the president and the poor and down trodden get stepped on even worse. Its time for that shit to end.
You are a moron. You don't even know how to equate 2 + 2.....

If you are not entitled to a job, then you are not entitled to ANY wage. Are you?

Just how dumb are you anyway?

Every person is entitled to a job as well. The government should insure EVERY ONE has a livable wage,home to live in and food in their belly.

Every person is entitled to a job as well. The government should insure EVERY ONE has a livable wage,home to live in and food in their belly.

Not sure if serious.

Lol if you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you ask the bus boy how his wife and 4 kids were.....

Bus boys usually get some of the waitresses tip money...at least that's what my sister told me years ago when she was a waitress...

Anyway the busboy job is a shit job but it is one for a kid in HS
I admit the pay it's low but it's a job and if not happy with it try another place.

What should a busboy make anyway $26.00 an hr?

Forum List

Back