Vivek Ramaswamy Sues DOJ, Requests Trump Jan. 6 Indictment Details

Lastamender

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2011
This guy is making waves. He has got to be a target for our corrupt government. They might bite off more than they can chew. This guy is smart.

"Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy has sued the Department of Justice (DOJ) for allegedly failing to respond to his Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request regarding the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump.

Mr. Ramaswamy announced the lawsuit, filed in district court in Columbia on Aug. 1, in a statement on Twitter, now known as X.

The GOP 2024 presidential candidate accused the DOJ of having failed to “substantively respond” to his FOIA request to “uncover what White House officials, including President Joe Biden, communicated to [Attorney General] Merrick Garland and [special counsel] Jack Smith about the unprecedented indictment in the classified documents case of a former U.S. President and one of Biden’s political opponents in the 2024" Presidential election.”

Mr. Ramaswamy, in his lengthy post on X, claimed the indictment against Mr. Trump was based on “unprecedented legal theory” citing the U.S. Supreme Court case U.S. v. Alvarez, which held that political candidates even have a First Amendment right to make inaccurate statements knowingly.

“If you’re going to indict a former president and leading presidential candidate, it better not be based on unprecedented legal theory,” he said. “Further, it’s more than a stretch to call something criminal if someone is seeking legal counsel from their own lawyers.”

Same link as OP.

He doesn't.
  • Exemption 1: Information that is classified to protect national security.
  • Exemption 2: Information related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.
  • Exemption 3: Information that is prohibited from disclosure by another federal law.
  • Exemption 4: Trade secrets or commercial or financial information that is confidential or privileged.
  • Exemption 5:Privileged communications within or between agencies, including those protected by the:
    1. Deliberative Process Privilege (provided the records were created less than 25 years before the date on which they were requested)
    2. Attorney-Work Product Privilege
    3. Attorney-Client Privilege
  • Exemption 6: Information that, if disclosed, would invade another individual’s personal privacy.
  • Exemption 7:Information compiled for law enforcement purposes that:
    • 7(A). Could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings
    • 7(B). Would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication
    • 7(C). Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy
    • 7(D). Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source
    • 7(E). Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law
    • 7(F). Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual
  • Exemption 8: Information that concerns the supervision of financial institutions.
  • Exemption 9: Geological information on wells.

FOIA request do not apply to on going investigations
I have to admit ignorance here, law it not something I study, nor do I watch TEE VEE shows about it.

It was my understanding, that the justice system does not lodge indictments until AFTER an investigation was done, and the evidence was gathered. . . do you care to explain this to me, since, it seems you have a better understanding of this. . .

:eusa_think:

This guy is making waves. He has got to be a target for our corrupt government. They might bite off more than they can chew. This guy is smart.

"Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy has sued the Department of Justice (DOJ) for allegedly failing to respond to his Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request regarding the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump.

Mr. Ramaswamy announced the lawsuit, filed in district court in Columbia on Aug. 1, in a statement on Twitter, now known as X.

The GOP 2024 presidential candidate accused the DOJ of having failed to “substantively respond” to his FOIA request to “uncover what White House officials, including President Joe Biden, communicated to [Attorney General] Merrick Garland and [special counsel] Jack Smith about the unprecedented indictment in the classified documents case of a former U.S. President and one of Biden’s political opponents in the 2024" Presidential election.”

Oh fun...another thread to bookmark and keep bringing back to ask you how things are going. Another explosive 3 - 4 weeks?

The classified docs case was always just a place holder, that allowed for more time to sentence J6 participants.
Donald is going down, but not for that one. Bait and switching on the ignorant is just so easy.

I have to admit ignorance here, law it not something I study, nor do I watch TEE VEE shows about it.

It was my understanding, that the justice system does not lodge indictments until AFTER an investigation was done, and the evidence was gathered. . . do you care to explain this to me, since, it seems you have a better understanding of this. . .

:eusa_think:

I should have said an "active case" not just the investigation part.

Do we really want Law Enforcement releasing information prior to the case being concluded?

There are 9 exemptions, my challenge to you was to name which exemption you referred to. Now I have exposed the fact, that your comment was nothing more than opinion.

Exemption Seven: Certain types of information compiled for law enforcement purposes.

Oh fun...another thread to bookmark and keep bringing back to ask you how things are going. Another explosive 3 - 4 weeks?
When we are in the process of indicting someone over a political opinion? Why bring that up? It is my right and Trump's right to say the 2020 election was stolen. This is the last desperate attempt to cover up the obvious theft. It is not going to work. But you know that already.

Forum List

Back