Zone1 Vis a vis the sub(mersible): Did you ask yourself: Why did God allow that tragedy?

I have a question:

Was the Titanic ever lifted out of the ocean? I saw a photo of what looked like the Titanic (as it looks in underwater photos) but it wasn't under water.. so that's why I'm asking.. maybe it was just a replica (don't recall where on the i-net I saw this)
No. There was an attempt to raise part of it, but it failed.

how so?

you're saying both exterior and interior looked troublesome?
Yes!

My opinion is that the thing looked like something an elementary school kid would come up with.

No. There was an attempt to raise part of it, but it failed.

NYT

they won't let people read anything for free. I'll be damned if I suppor them anyway!

Yes!

My opinion is that the thing looked like something an elementary school kid would come up with.
I thought otherwise, but what do I know?

I am not an engineer, not really a scientist either (although I like learning about science related things)

In any case, it is what is in between the layers of the walls (etc) that was important. Carbon fiber didn't cut it, and I don't know how they didn't know that.

I was going to say I don't know why this story gets to me, but there are obvious reasons and then also.. well, it's odd that in this day and age, people can be so careless. I mean there is all kinds of new -fangled materials that can do all kinds of things..

anyhow, I hear there are lawsuits gearing up

bow_03.jpg

How do you know God didn't intervene w/ Hitler..?

The Allies DID win... not in time to save everyone in the death camps, but I'm sure God cared for all of them... maybe by getting them to repent of their sins, knowing death was near. I don't know... I'm not God but I do know a few things about how He has worked in my own life... showing me this and that.. about whatever
Yes the Allies did win but that is cold comfort for the millions on both sides that died. I'm always amazed how theists have their definition of what God is, based on their faith or the faith of those that preceded them. God is defined as good so all that is good comes from him but all that is bad comes from humans. Humans made by Him in His image of course. Anything that contradicts that theology is ignored since we can't know what God's reasons are.

Yes the Allies did win but that is cold comfort for the millions on both sides that died. I'm always amazed how theists have their definition of what God is, based on their faith or the faith of those that preceded them. God is defined as good so all that is good comes from him but all that is bad comes from humans. Humans made by Him in His image of course. Anything that contradicts that theology is ignored since we can't know what God's reasons are.
humans are far more flawed than anyone realizes

I have learned this through that greatest of all teachers, Experience

greatest after Christ of course

Well, people like me are always asking WHY did God allow (whatever... fill in the blanks)

so there's that.

But anyhow, yeh... Why didn't God remind these people who were responsible for.. such things as carbon fiber in the walls of the sub (and how that is not good for anything that is under great pressure from the outside...).... etc.

I mean, God could have put the thought in the head of the CEO that he shouldn't allow that sub-standard material in the sub

and etc... etc....

But why do I want to say Here we go again: blaming God (for what humans foolishly do)?

Death is for everyone, no matter how much money one has. EVERYONE knows THAT (if they don't know anything else)

And again, why all this money spent on a voyage to such a dangerous environment just to see a 100+ year old wreck of a ship that we already have photos of anyhow?

I don't know.. Is God trying to tell us something here?

:dunno:

forepeek-of-titanic-shipwreck.jpg

_129747782_newbow.jpg

iu

I thought they all signed a death waiver.

Anyhew, wokeness and the Left murdered them, as they continue to murder unborn babies all around the world.

I thought they all signed a death waiver.

Anyhew, wokeness and the Left murdered them, as they continue to murder unborn babies all around the world.

i don't get what woke has to do w/ the deaths in the sub

??

i don't get what woke has to do w/ the deaths in the sub

??
The person in charge of safety issues were old white men, but the CEO wanted "diversity", so he got rid of them and went out and got younger females who did not have near the expertise as the old white guys.

Understand?

The person in charge of safety issues were old white men, but the CEO wanted "diversity", so he got rid of them and went out and got younger females who did not have near the expertise as the old white guys.

Understand?
yeh, why didn't u say that in the first place?

Well, people like me are always asking WHY did God allow (whatever... fill in the blanks)

so there's that.

But anyhow, yeh... Why didn't God remind these people who were responsible for.. such things as carbon fiber in the walls of the sub (and how that is not good for anything that is under great pressure from the outside...).... etc.

I mean, God could have put the thought in the head of the CEO that he shouldn't allow that sub-standard material in the sub

and etc... etc....

But why do I want to say Here we go again: blaming God (for what humans foolishly do)?

Death is for everyone, no matter how much money one has. EVERYONE knows THAT (if they don't know anything else)

And again, why all this money spent on a voyage to such a dangerous environment just to see a 100+ year old wreck of a ship that we already have photos of anyhow?

I don't know.. Is God trying to tell us something here?

:dunno:

forepeek-of-titanic-shipwreck.jpg

_129747782_newbow.jpg

iu

No, I didn't ask that question because I know that God allows us to suffer the consequences of our bad choices. The designers and operators of the sub cut a lot of corners and it caught up with them.

No, I didn't ask that question because I know that God allows us to suffer the consequences of our bad choices. The designers and operators of the sub cut a lot of corners and it caught up with them.
Prayer gives us knowledge we would not otherwise have

These people seemed liberal which means they likely didn't pray much

I tend to think (& hope) they prayed when they started hearing the sounds of that thing coming apart

um... If you're going to refer to a story in the Bible, maybe you should get the WHOLE story.

RE the Flood: Humanity had forsaken God and were deep into mortal sin. God regretted making man.

It looks like this is one part of history that will, one way or another, repeat itself.

God isn't going to wait forever for people to repent.
That's the earlier Gilgamesh Myth from Sumer and the Akkadians. Goes back to all the Canaanites in Syria.

Forum List

Back