Zone1 The Impossibility of Understanding God

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
Atheists delight in posing snarky questions which challenge God, His Creations, His Designs, His Thinking.
"Who made God (chuckle, chuckle)?"
"Why would God create evil (snark, snark)?"
"Why does God allow bad things to happen everywhere if he's so good (har, har, har)?"

The list of questions posed by atheists to advance their evil is endless, and superficial.

I wrote a book of inspirational science which describes over two dozen creations which surround all of us, and how incredible they are.
We can't even understand the world around us, as evidenced by the research efforts of scientists and scholars for thousands of years, which continue at a feverish pace.

Everything you touch that you think of as "solid" is in fact "fluctuating quantized probability wavefunctions."

What in the world is that? How can solid steel, and gold, and mercury, and wood all be composed of "wavefunctions"?

So if we cannot understand the real world around us, it is clearly hopeless to try to comprehend God and His Thoughts.

Accept that inalienable fact, as it is clearly stated in the Holy Bible, viz., "My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts."

Atheists delight in posing snarky questions which challenge God, His Creations, His Designs, His Thinking.
"Why does God allow bad things to happen everywhere if he's so good (har, har, har)?"

The list of questions posed by atheists to advance their evil is endless, and superficial.

I wrote a book of inspirational science which describes over two dozen creations which surround all of us, and how incredible they are.
We can't even understand the world around us, as evidenced by the research efforts of scientists and scholars for thousands of years, which continue at a feverish pace.

Everything you touch that you think of as "solid" is in fact "fluctuating quantized probability wavefunctions."

What in the world is that? How can solid steel, and gold, and mercury, and wood all be composed of "wavefunctions"?

So if we cannot understand the real world around us, it is clearly hopeless to try to comprehend God and His Thoughts.

Accept that inalienable fact, as it is clearly stated in the Holy Bible, viz., "My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts."
Lol "my confusion proves God"

:cuckoo:

a great point... although I think that psg is actually "Your ways are not My ways..." etc... but that's not an appreciable difference..

In any case, maybe your version is the correct one? I don't know... but anyhow, the atheists are very arrogant.They think just asking such unanswerable or seemingly unanswerable Qs ends all debate

AND makes them look "intelligent"!

ha ha... not really. It takes more faith to believe there is no God, no Intelligent Design.. than to believe there is

There's a paradox here, & my take is that it's borne from problems in language. You're saying we can't understand God. I'll agree w/ that and at the same time I'll assert that our chief end is to know God.

I guess the "god of the gaps" argument never goes out of style.

There's a paradox here, & my take is that it's borne from problems in language. You're saying we can't understand God. I'll agree w/ that and at the same time I'll assert that our chief end is to know God.
John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

That's why God calls prophets and he called apostles. To give us what his ways are and what his thoughts are. God put a plan into action that includes laws, commandments, covenants and ordinances through prophets for us to follow. He is also no respecter of man or woman. Therefore, he doesn't care what you think about the laws, commandments, covenants and ordinances. He wants us to accept them through mostly faith, not science or empirical evidence. So, the key is to understand the prophets, apostles, Jesus Christ in the Bible and be open to God's laws, commandments, covenants and ordinances. Also, to truly be willing to be fluent in our understandings and listen to others unless there is a real prophet on the earth today.

Snark: "Which god?"

"IN GOD WE TRUST" - that One, whose Name is on every bill of currency you have ever spent in the United States.
"Nature's God," cited in America's Declaration of Independence.

"GOD SAVE THE QUEEN." That One, referred to by all British citiens.

The God that some 85% of Nobel Laureates in science believe in and worship.

"Science of the gaps" is endless. But atheists have no problem with "science of the gaps," and snarkily maintain they will find all the answers, some day. Doesn't remotely look that way when scientists continue to go back and forth about such pettiness as climate change and Covid-19 vaccine deadliness.

Forum List

Back