Video: LA Cops Bodyslam Nurse In Arrest, Share Fist Bump Afterward...

In what way?

They do not try to prove that phones were in use during accidents, all they do is track who has a phone, and whether they were involved in an accident. In fact, the only study that actually tracked making calls with actual accidents showed that hands free cell phone use is actually safer than not using a phone.
I must disagree with you on this issue.

While some people, probably including you, are capable of maintaining full concentration and alertness while talking on a cell phone everyone is not. A woman walked right into me in a parking lot recently -- as if I wasn't there. It appeared she was totally absorbed in her conversation and was so startled she dropped her purse and shopping bag.

Some people are susceptible to that kind of complete distraction while others aren't. It's a kind of hypnotic trance, similar in nature to sleep-walking.

I use the seat belt on the parkway but I don't while driving around locally -- and I resent the law that requires me to. But I would not use my cell phone while driving and I agree with the law that prohibits it. The seat belt law protects only me. The cell phone law protects everyone and I agree with it.

Funny how you say you must disagree with me on the issue, and never actually address it. Is there a reason for that? Is it that you don't have enough brains to actually understand the issue?

Start arresting and prosecuting officers who commit crimes like this, and watch how quickly their behavior and tactics change. Right now our Police know they will not be treated like the rest of us. Arrest these two assholes, and change will happen instantly.

Yet, police going postal on assholes doesn't stop people from being assholes with police.

If you take a look at the shape that woman was in and then ask what she had been arrested for and she says she was talking on her phone while driving, something seems amiss.

There certainly has to be an investigation. When she was body slammed while cuffed, that would appear to be the end of their careers. Could they not control this woman by putting her chest on the car hood? The "fist celebration" showed a mind set.

The arrest seemed a little dubious as well.
It is very likely these cops won't even be reprimanded for their conduct in this incident because they followed procedure, which requires them to force a "resisting" subject to the ground. This "procedure" rule actually serves as a convenient substitute for punching or kicking a subject who provokes them in some way or is not sufficiently submissive.

The second "takedown," after the woman was handcuffed, will be justified as an accidental stumble caused by the subject's struggling -- and there is no way to prove otherwise. Thus the protection afforded by the "procedure" rule will prevail.

Anyone who watches the TV ride-along documentary, COPS, has seen frequent examples of unnecessary and often brutal misuse of the "procedure" rule when "taking down" an arrest subject who is perfectly compliant and not resisting. I recently watched an episode in which a young man who had just purchased some marijuana during a "buy and bust" sting was "taken down" by one cop with a running body-block that drove him to the sidewalk as a second cop rammed his knee into his neck as hard as he could while handcuffs were being applied. While this action was clearly unnecessary and plainly brutal because this fellow was totally surprised and offered no resistance at all -- it complied with "procedure." This is what cops are trained to do, and are required to do, so there is no way to measure the degree of force used in doing it.

The bottom line is they can do such things as was done to this woman, and any other arrest subject they feel like doing it to, and nothing can be done about it. Because it is "procedure."

They do not try to prove that phones were in use during accidents, all they do is track who has a phone, and whether they were involved in an accident. In fact, the only study that actually tracked making calls with actual accidents showed that hands free cell phone use is actually safer than not using a phone.

While some people, probably including you, are capable of maintaining full concentration and alertness while talking on a cell phone everyone is not. A woman walked right into me in a parking lot recently -- as if I wasn't there. It appeared she was totally absorbed in her conversation and was so startled she dropped her purse and shopping bag.

Some people are susceptible to that kind of complete distraction while others aren't. It's a kind of hypnotic trance, similar in nature to sleep-walking.

I use the seat belt on the parkway but I don't while driving around locally -- and I resent the law that requires me to. But I would not use my cell phone while driving and I agree with the law that prohibits it. The seat belt law protects only me. The cell phone law protects everyone and I agree with it.

Funny how you say you must disagree with me on the issue, and never actually address it. Is there a reason for that? Is it that you don't have enough brains to actually understand the issue?
I disagree with you and I told you why. I don't know what you mean by "addressing" the issue. You disapprove of the law and I don't. What more is there to be said?

It is very likely these cops won't even be reprimanded for their conduct in this incident because they followed procedure, which requires them to force a "resisting" subject to the ground. This "procedure" rule actually serves as a convenient substitute for punching or kicking a subject who provokes them in some way or is not sufficiently submissive.

They've already been given desk duty. That alone is some measure of reprimand.

The fact is, the woman forced the police to use force. All that's left is for us to play armchair quarterback and decide where's the line and how the police should be punished. The bitch wasn't really hurt and she'll win a small award from the police. The officers themselves will at least have a black mark in their record which could tip the scales in the future. It's likely at least one of them will be suspended.

Why was she being a bitch?

Because she got pulled over for being on her cell phone when driving! Such a big brother stupid law is going to piss people off.

But then again when you mess with the bull you sometimes get the horns.

I wonder if the NAACP, Sharpton, Jackson, New Black pPanthers, ACLU and all the liberal groups that protest constantly about police brutality will come out and protest this one? Nope, because white people who are the MAJORITY of the victims of police brutality get beat by police these hypocritical organizations don't give a fuck!
the black panthers are liberals? Who told you that? If they are I guess the kkk are republicans?

If you take a look at the shape that woman was in and then ask what she had been arrested for and she says she was talking on her phone while driving, something seems amiss.
I agree... For a lot of people that would be enough information. But not for me. I would be asking what else she did.

With that said... So far as I can see she was thrown down for something she SAID. I didn't see anything that suggested she was harmful to anyone. And you know what? I don't give a flying flip what she said. She could have said they both were cum gurgling gutter sluts, their grandma's sucked eggs, or that Mitt Romney was a cocksucker and she had the pictures to prove it... I don't care what she said. In no way shape or form does that give those officers the right to take her down in that fashion. Not for something she said.

What could she possibly have done? She was cuffed, and in custody, all she could do is talk. What could she have said that would justify the actions you saw?
I thought I already answered that question... o.0

This one should really excite all the usual suspect Big Brother Goose Steppers here at USMB. BOOYAH! Fist Bumps all around.

Brutal LAPD arrest caught on video; Department investigating cops seen bodyslamming nurse twice during cell phone traffic stop

LA Cops Bodyslamming Nurse Twice during Cell Phone Traffic Stop - YouTube

There is a fine line between abuse and stupidity, this appears to be a case of both...

We abuse the rights of law enforcement on a regular basis, I am guilty of this as well, recently being pulled over for minor infractions, I tend to be too defensive, I lack respect for authority, thank god my wife was in the car...

I am not certain what the women did, but I can clearly see she went over the line, the officer used excessive force, both need to be disciplined, case closed...

Lesson? Show law enforcement more respect....

This one should really excite all the usual suspect Big Brother Goose Steppers here at USMB. BOOYAH! Fist Bumps all around.

Brutal LAPD arrest caught on video; Department investigating cops seen bodyslamming nurse twice during cell phone traffic stop

LA Cops Bodyslamming Nurse Twice during Cell Phone Traffic Stop - YouTube

There is a fine line between abuse and stupidity, this appears to be a case of both...

We abuse the rights of law enforcement on a regular basis, I am guilty of this as well, recently being pulled over for minor infractions, I tend to be too defensive, I lack respect for authority, thank god my wife was in the car...

I am not certain what the women did, but I can clearly see she went over the line, the officer used excessive force, both need to be disciplined, case closed...

Lesson? Show law enforcement more respect....

We should not abuse the rights of law enforcement.

:cool:

The Is was and Never been. After that something and bluh bluh bluh. Once you've seen the vernacular of my precocity. Dig?

Respect is Due, cause the nastillistity of the Crapulance begs for Fungus. Your Onerous.

I move to Strike--and also Temecula. As long as I can keep my dog.

Shanti

images

Wait, did I just shit?

I agree... For a lot of people that would be enough information. But not for me. I would be asking what else she did.

With that said... So far as I can see she was thrown down for something she SAID. I didn't see anything that suggested she was harmful to anyone. And you know what? I don't give a flying flip what she said. She could have said they both were cum gurgling gutter sluts, their grandma's sucked eggs, or that Mitt Romney was a cocksucker and she had the pictures to prove it... I don't care what she said. In no way shape or form does that give those officers the right to take her down in that fashion. Not for something she said.

What could she possibly have done? She was cuffed, and in custody, all she could do is talk. What could she have said that would justify the actions you saw?

What could she possibly have done? STFU is what she possibly could have done. She chose to be a ****. I've seen assholes rampage against the horrid system that might cost them a ticket. If you have a legit beef with the ticket and you're so enraged: fight it. Go to court and argue your case. I know we're not zombies, you can't expect a zombie-like response if you're being a douche. What? These are the same people who'll kick and beat a fucking candy machine if it doesn't give up the goods. Now, the **** is going to get money--for being a ****.

:clap2:

What could she possibly have done? STFU is what she possibly could have done. She chose to be a ****. I've seen assholes rampage against the horrid system that might cost them a ticket. If you have a legit beef with the ticket and you're so enraged: fight it. Go to court and argue your case. I know we're not zombies, you can't expect a zombie-like response if you're being a douche. What? These are the same people who'll kick and beat a fucking candy machine if it doesn't give up the goods. Now, the **** is going to get money--for being a ****.

:clap2:
You are likely right... But I doubt that after hearing all the facts that I would promote that she should get money. I do think that the cops should lose their jobs either way.

I disagree with you and I told you why. I don't know what you mean by "addressing" the issue. You disapprove of the law and I don't. What more is there to be said?

I know you love laws that interfere with freedom of choice simply because you hate that freedom, but that is not the issue. The issue is that there is no study that proves that driving with a cell phone is dangerous, you still haven't come close to addressing that.

This was not police brutality because this is a white woman who was a nurse. If she were a 250 pound gang banger who just got out of prison it would be police brutality.

You start locking Police up who commit these kinds of crimes, and there really would be immediate & dramatic changes in their tactics. Book these two assholes and stick em in a jail cell. We'll see how tough they are then.

Knowing the LAPD, the officers were likely gay, they will accuse her of being homophobic and both get commendations.

So she breaks the law, resists arrest, is beligerent towards the law enforcement officers, and you guys want to bitch and whine about the police?

Any one wonder why our nation is a fucking disaster with a radical marxist asshole in the White House?

So she has a few bumps and scrapes? They'll all heal in a couple of weeks. And this idiot deserved every last one of them....

Maybe you could point out where she 'resisted arrest' AFTER being body slammed the first time and being handcuffed? Or even BEFORE, for that matter. What she SAID is unknown, but I've yet to see where the 1st Amendment has been repealed.

Look, I'm as conservative to my core as anyone here, and nobody wants more freedom and less government than I do. But what you just said was asinine. There is a HUGE difference between 1st Amendment rights and anarchy. We have to have some rules. Like screaming "fire" in a crowded theater to cause panic is not a 1st Amendment right. And being belligerent to law enforcement officers trying to do a very important (not to mention extremely difficult) job is simply unacceptable.

As far as "what she said being unknown" - well, might I suggest you read the article before commenting? Her boyfriend flat out admitted she was belligerent and resisting arrest.

They knew the job was tough when they took it. These two cops were unprofessionally bullying that women and were proud of it. Bad day at the office, well that's OK except when you are expected and are required to be better at your job. As you have stated and I completely agree with law enforcement is a tough job and it also absolutely needs to be done properly. This amount of unnecessary violence used in this arrest crossed the line and those officers need to be severely disciplined for it. In my opinion (if you are a LEO) you are displaying the cops always stick up for cops rule rather then using logic.

Forum List

Back