Video: LA Cops Bodyslam Nurse In Arrest, Share Fist Bump Afterward...

Maybe you could point out where she 'resisted arrest' AFTER being body slammed the first time and being handcuffed? Or even BEFORE, for that matter. What she SAID is unknown, but I've yet to see where the 1st Amendment has been repealed.

Look, I'm as conservative to my core as anyone here, and nobody wants more freedom and less government than I do. But what you just said was asinine. There is a HUGE difference between 1st Amendment rights and anarchy. We have to have some rules. Like screaming "fire" in a crowded theater to cause panic is not a 1st Amendment right. And being belligerent to law enforcement officers trying to do a very important (not to mention extremely difficult) job is simply unacceptable.

As far as "what she said being unknown" - well, might I suggest you read the article before commenting? Her boyfriend flat out admitted she was belligerent and resisting arrest.

They knew the job was tough when they took it. These two cops were unprofessionally bullying that women and were proud of it. Bad day at the office, well that's OK except when you are expected and are required to be better at your job. As you have stated and I completely agree with law enforcement is a tough job and it also absolutely needs to be done properly. This amount of unnecessary violence used in this arrest crossed the line and those officers need to be severely disciplined for it. In my opinion (if you are a LEO) you are displaying the cops always stick up for cops rule rather then using logic.

Very good points. Yes, we've all run into very rude people throughout the course of our work days. And if we were to respond with such violence, we would immediately be arrested and then prosecuted. These two roided up Nazis should be treated like the rest of us. Stick em in a jail cell and we'll see how that bullying thing goes for em.

I know you love laws that interfere with freedom of choice simply because you hate that freedom, but that is not the issue. The issue is that there is no study that proves that driving with a cell phone is dangerous, you still haven't come close to addressing that.
Actually there is such a study. It was conducted by the National Safety Council and reported on by the Washington Post.

(Excerpt)

By Ashley Halsey III
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Twenty-eight percent of traffic accidents occur when people talk on cellphones or send text messages while driving, according to a study released Tuesday by the National Safety Council.

28 percent of accidents involve talking, texting on cellphones

(Close)

But you won't believe it simply because you don't wish to believe it -- in spite of the fact that what the study asserts is supported by common sense. And that is typical of the onanistic mentality which is incapable of participating in a discussion without issuing personal insults.

That is who and what you are.

I know you love laws that interfere with freedom of choice simply because you hate that freedom, but that is not the issue. The issue is that there is no study that proves that driving with a cell phone is dangerous, you still haven't come close to addressing that.
Actually there is such a study. It was conducted by the National Safety Council and reported on by the Washington Post.

(Excerpt)

By Ashley Halsey III

Twenty-eight percent of traffic accidents occur when people talk on cellphones or send text messages while driving, according to a study released Tuesday by the National Safety Council.

(Close)

But you won't believe it simply because you don't wish to believe it -- in spite of the fact that what the study asserts is supported by common sense. And that is typical of the onanistic mentality which is incapable of participating in a discussion without issuing personal insults.

Separate the texting from the talking and get back to us...

(Excerpt)

By Ashley Halsey III

(Close)

First, that is texting, not talking. Second, the study doesn't prove anything because they did not determine whether texting was happening at the time of the accident, just that texting occurred around the time of the accident. The reason for this is quite simple, they cannot detiremine the actual time of the accident, all they can do is guess, and compare that to the cell phone records to see if it was in use around that time.

On the other hand, On-Star is capable of tracking the actual deployment of airbags and cross reference that to the use of On-Star to call other people. There is actually a study that uses that data, and it shows that people using On-Star to call others are actually less likely to be involved in an accident than people who are not using it. Once again, actual real word data trumps what everyone knows.

It also throws a massive wrench into the justification for bans on all cell phone use while driving, yet you keep pretending they are justified because you hate freedom.

Imagine handling rudeness in your own business dealings this way? It would not be tolerated. And it shouldn't be tolerated in this instance either. Period, end of story.

Imagine handling rudeness in your own business dealings this way? It would not be tolerated. And it shouldn't be tolerated in this instance either. Period, end of story.

Not rudeness, the woman refused to cooperate with police, hence the use of force. She refused to follow police instructions and instead proceeded to get back into her car (indicating intent to leave). That would have gotten her put to the ground by nearly every cop in the country, and most (white) cops are good people.

The only real issue is the force that she was put down, and the second time she was put down. I'm not a shithead, so I'm not going to play Monday-morning armchair quarterback and condemn a cop for using a little too much force, when he's faced with some asshole who gets his blood pressure up. Why is it okay for the woman to be out-of-control but not okay for the cops to use just a tad too much force? Spare me the bullshit that cops should be professional, as in robotic. They're human, too.

It was completely proper for the police to put her on the ground, at least the first time. The "excessive force", i.e. the body slam, could simply be a result of the police practicing put-downs with larger men, not smaller women.

The woman didn't get anything she didn't deserve. But, the police didn't deserve to be treated by her the way she did.

Not rudeness, the woman refused to cooperate with police, hence the use of force. She refused to follow police instructions and instead proceeded to get back into her car (indicating intent to leave). That would have gotten her put to the ground by nearly every cop in the country, and most (white) cops are good people.

The only real issue is the force that she was put down, and the second time she was put down. I'm not a shithead, so I'm not going to play Monday-morning armchair quarterback and condemn a cop for using a little too much force, when he's faced with some asshole who gets his blood pressure up. Why is it okay for the woman to be out-of-control but not okay for the cops to use just a tad too much force? Spare me the bullshit that cops should be professional, as in robotic. They're human, too.

It was completely proper for the police to put her on the ground, at least the first time. The "excessive force", i.e. the body slam, could simply be a result of the police practicing put-downs with larger men, not smaller women.

The woman didn't get anything she didn't deserve. But, the police didn't deserve to be treated by her the way she did.

You go ahead and respond to rudeness in your own business dealings this way. Don't pick up the soap. Just a bit of advice.

You go ahead and respond to rudeness in your own business dealings this way. Don't pick up the soap. Just a bit of advice.

I see, you want to go intellectually slumming today. It's the cops job to use force. It's my job to call the cops for their use of force if non-self-defense force is needed against anyone in my business.

It's no wonder you have multiple red splats, you're not only a racist, you approve of cops abusing a woman IN HANDCUFFS!

SICK FUCK, YOU ARE...

I see, you want to go intellectually slumming today. It's the cops job to use force. It's my job to call the cops for their use of force if non-self-defense force is needed against anyone in my business.

It's not always the cops' job to use force. And therein lies you and so many others' problem. Their use of force was completely unnecessary and constitutes a crime. They should be arrested and prosecuted just like any other Citizen would be. Their badge & uniform does not put them above the Law.

Last edited:

(Excerpt)

By Ashley Halsey III

(Close)

Separate the texting from the talking and get back to us...
I've been driving since age 18, which is 58 years. I've driven cross-country and in New York City traffic and I've driven everything from cars to 5-ton military dump trucks and I've never had an accident. I came close a few times and I have no doubt that I avoided a collision because of my alertness and fast response.

I believe the reason for that is when my father taught me to drive he drilled the notion into my head that everyone else on the road wants to hit me and only way to avoid it is to never divert my attention from the road for a second -- especially when conversing with a passenger. "KEEP YOUR EYES AND MIND ON THE ROAD!" was the constant admonition I never forgot.

I also recall being told that when traveling at 60 mph and you sneeze you cover the length of a football field blind and anything can happen in that disance.

I did my best to drill the same lessons into all three of my girls when teaching them to drive and (so far) none of them have had accidents.

So I tend to believe that engaging in a telephone conversation can be a significant distraction while driving. If you disagree, that's fine with me. I hope you never have cause to regret it.

ok

A badge & uniform does not mean they're better than any other Citizen. They should not be treated differently. They committed a crime here. They should be held accountable. And i don't mean just getting suspended or possibly losing their jobs. They should actually be arrested just like any other Citizen would be. But we all know the Police policing themselves is just another joke being played on the People.

Last edited:
This one should really excite all the usual suspect Big Brother Goose Steppers here at USMB. BOOYAH! Fist Bumps all around.

Brutal LAPD arrest caught on video; Department investigating cops seen bodyslamming nurse twice during cell phone traffic stop

LA Cops Bodyslamming Nurse Twice during Cell Phone Traffic Stop - YouTube

My view:

She should have kept her fat mouth shut.. that being said.. Nothing she could have said called for this kind of brutality.

If you're gonna be a Police Officer, you've gotta have a little bit of skin on your noggin'. If you don't, you're in the wrong profession.

This one should really excite all the usual suspect Big Brother Goose Steppers here at USMB. BOOYAH! Fist Bumps all around.

Brutal LAPD arrest caught on video; Department investigating cops seen bodyslamming nurse twice during cell phone traffic stop

My view:

She should have kept her fat mouth shut.. that being said.. Nothing she could have said called for this kind of brutality.

If you're gonna be a Police Officer, you've gotta have a little bit of skin on your noggin'. If you don't, you're in the wrong profession.

I agree & disagree with your reply. She has every right to say what she wants. Sometimes the Police really are wrong. But i fully agree with the second part of your post. Well said.

My view:

I agree & disagree with your reply. She has every right to say what she wants. Sometimes the Police really are wrong. But i fully agree with the second part of your post. Well said.

In a away, you're right. However - Police Officers have to deal with jerkoffs that care nothing about their fellow citizens, mouthing off all the time. I can understand them being on edge.. I have a Police Officer in my family, and I know how people are. However, this woman seemingly posed no threat, except she was being a butthole, so the actions of the officers was uncalled for and unprofessional.

A badge & uniform does not mean they're better than any other Citizen. They should not be treated differently. They committed a crime here. They should be held accountable. And i don't mean just getting suspended or possibly losing their jobs. They should actually be arrested just like any other Citizen would be. But we all know the Police policing themselves is just another joke being played on the People.

You're a hypocrite. You insist the cops should be treated the same as anyone else, yet you don't give a shit about that bitch's behavior.

Just wondering, Paulitician, what would you in the place of those cops? You pull over a woman for using her cell phone while driving (both illegal and dangerous). She cusses you out and gets back in her car, in spite of your instructions not to, and apparently with the intention of leaving.... What do you do?

You're a hypocrite. You insist the cops should be treated the same as anyone else, yet you don't give a shit about that bitch's behavior.

Just wondering, Paulitician, what would you in the place of those cops? You pull over a woman for using her cell phone while driving (both illegal and dangerous). She cusses you out and gets back in her car, in spite of your instructions not to, and apparently with the intention of leaving.... What do you do?

It wasn't them handcuffed and having their faces slammed into the road. So no, at this point i don't give a shit about her behavior. They should both be cuffed, arrested and tossed in a jail cell. Then we'll see how tough they are. Probably cry like little babies for their Mommies. They should be treated just like any other Citizen. They are not special.

Uhh...

Lets say that everything happened exactly the way it happened in the video. Only they weren't police officers. The police were called. Would someone be charged with a crime in your opinion?

It wasn't them handcuffed and having their faces slammed into the road. So no, at this point i don't give a shit about her behavior. They should both be cuffed, arrested and tossed in a jail cell. Then we'll see how tough they are. Probably cry like little babies for their Mommies. They should be treated just like any other Citizen. They are not special.

You're acting like a brainless liberal, passing judgement without indicating that you have any clue. I didn't ask what you wouldn't do, I asked what you would do. What would you do if you were a police officer and you met up with a criminal who decided to leave rather than cooperate.

Forum List

Back