Video: Dianne Feinstein not happy with Ted Cruz’s question on the Second Amendment

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
by Allahpundit
March 14, 2013

Via the Weekly Standard, this is worth watching less for the nuts and bolts of the constitutional dialogue than as evidence of how far Cruz has already gotten under Senate Democrats’ skin. Doesn’t take much here for Feinstein to get awfully defensive about how long she’s been in the Senate, how many bodies she’s seen, how she respects the Constitution but etc etc etc.

Feinstein’s assault-weapons ban passed the Committee 10-8 today on a party-line vote, but don’t get caught up in that. Reid will be lucky to break 50 votes for cloture in the full Senate. The bill to worry about if you’re a supporter of gun rights is Schumer’s new bill, which purports merely to expand background checks to private sales but actually ends up doing much more. Read Charles Cooke’s summary of it at NRO. Criminal “transfer” of a weapon doesn’t just mean transferring title, via a sale; it also apparently means transferring possession, even for a brief amount of time.

Update: Some commenters are grumbling that I’ve misunderstood what “well-regulated” means in the Second Amendment. I’m not giving you my understanding, though; I’m telling you how Democrats might have responded to Cruz. They’re not originalists. They might seize on the word “regulated” and use that as a pretext for legislation. Although, in fairness to them, their anti-2A arguments typically focus more on the meaning of the word “militia” than on “regulated.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NYI3MEhegvQ]Explosive Exchange at Gun Hearing Between Ted Cruz and Dianne Feinstein - YouTube[/ame]​

Read more:
Video: Dianne Feinstein not happy with Ted Cruz?s question on the Second Amendment « Hot Air

by Allahpundit
March 14, 2013

Via the Weekly Standard, this is worth watching less for the nuts and bolts of the constitutional dialogue than as evidence of how far Cruz has already gotten under Senate Democrats’ skin. Doesn’t take much here for Feinstein to get awfully defensive about how long she’s been in the Senate, how many bodies she’s seen, how she respects the Constitution but etc etc

She obviously knows she's wrong...her position seems to be, we will pass this and when the Supreme Court overturns us, so what?

Of course, her hope is that one of the Conservative 5 will pass on and Obama will be able to change the make up of the court.

Democrats think that they can ideologically pick and choose Rights and Freedoms, they thought that Obama's second term and the Sandy Hook shootings were a good time to embark on their War on Guns, and they are going to find out just how wrong they really were.

Forum List

Back