Vermont takes a positive step.

Thinking you should be able to fly does not obligate others to catch you.

Vermont bans ‘absurd’ gay, bi and trans ‘conversion’ therapy

In a few years people will laugh that we actually had this lunacy.

A clear distinction should be made between malpractice abusive "forced conversion" that is fraudulent, damaging and criminal
and
natural effective spiritual healing therapy that is voluntary and works to completely heal people of abuse and related conditions

Otherwise, this is like banning people from access to lifesaving surgery
because of quacks who pretend to remove cancer tumors by faking it with chicken guts.
Those two are as opposite as night and day.

It is unethical to deprive people of effective treatment that can save lives and should be available to anyone as a free choice,
as it is to abuse them by imposing fraud that should be banned so nobody is harmed by it.

Tyrants see banning something some people want as a positive step.

Well, Compost, it's like how far right prolife want to ban abortion as a positive step.
The well meaning intentions get lost.

How ironic that some of the same prochoice people who want teens to access abortion without parental consent (such in the case of incest)
don't want teens to have the choice of conversion or reparative therapy.

Some even support minors going through gender transition, but not healing therapy?
Which carries more risk of irreversible damage?

It is sad that both sides mean to be protective but come across to each other as controlling hypocrites.

Well, Compost, it's like how far right prolife want to ban abortion as a positive step.

How ironic that some of the same prochoice people who want teens to access abortion without parental consent (such in the case of incest)

Some even support minors going through gender transition, but not healing therapy?

It is sad that both sides mean to be protective but come across to each other as controlling hypocrites.
Uh huh. Tyrants are well meaning.

Last edited:

You'd be surprised what's behind the control issues.
I've heard just about everything at this point.

Parents killing their kids trying to save them from demons and hell?
The hijackers on 9/11 thought they were sacrificing themselves for God's higher cause of justice.
Hitler and the people running the death camps also thought they were doing God's work,
and even took breaks to sing Christian hymnals in a choir before "going back to work."

I don't know if you've ever counseled a child dealing with an abusive parent,
but the way I had to explain it where the student wouldn't HATE their parent for what they did is
to understand that in their mind they truly believe they are doing what is necessary to protect their child.
And if they didn't do it, their children would suffer worse consequences.
it is wrong, and not an excuse, but there are REASONS people are driven to do that.

One of my friends whose Muslim parents were so cruel it was hard to forgive,
did so because they were taught that not doing so would mean going to hell.
Their fear gets in the way of their judgment and reason.

That's why people cause their own suffering, and think they are
doing the right thing and it's the "OTHER PEOPLE causing problems"
by trying to stop them. When both sides do this, it's twice as tragic.

You'd be surprised what's behind the control issues.
I've heard just about everything at this point.

Parents killing their kids trying to save them from demons and hell?
The hijackers on 9/11 thought they were sacrificing themselves for God's higher cause of justice.
Hitler and the people running the death camps also thought they were doing God's work,
and even took breaks to sing Christian hymnals in a choir before "going back to work."

I don't know if you've ever counseled a child dealing with an abusive parent,
but the way I had to explain it where the student wouldn't HATE their parent for what they did is
to understand that in their mind they truly believe they are doing what is necessary to protect their child.
And if they didn't do it, their children would suffer worse consequences.
it is wrong, and not an excuse, but there are REASONS people are driven to do that.

One of my friends whose Muslim parents were so cruel it was hard to forgive,
did so because they were taught that not doing so would mean going to hell.
Their fear gets in the way of their judgment and reason.

That's why people cause their own suffering, and think they are
doing the right thing and it's the "OTHER PEOPLE causing problems"
by trying to stop them. When both sides do this, it's twice as tragic.
No. I'm not surprised at all the things behind control issues. Twice as tragic when both sides do it? No.
That there are "sides" to tyranny, seems to me to be the very least of the problem of tyranny.

Forum List

Back