Valerie Jarrett Blasts Republicans from the Pulpit

Par for the course, make shit up as you go along, kinda like how you admit Obama spending money twice as fast as Bush is just fine with you.

What exactly have I made up? I believe I've cited all my claims of fact in dispute. In contrast, you've cited none of yours (in a contemporaneous thread) and haven't defended those that I've disputed.

And please let me know where I admitted that Obama spending money twice as fast as Bush is fine with me. He's not (File:Revenue and Expense to GDP Chart 1993 - 2008.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and it wouldn't be.

Suggesting that I admitted a claim of yours I didn't specifically contest is a bit presumptuous at the best of times. Moreso when I labeled your post as a whole largely false.

You stated that what Obama spends money is fine with you and that his deficit is ok but Bush's was not. And Obama is on track to raise the deficit by 6.2 trillion at the end of 2012. Or are you one of those idiots that claims his 2009 stimulus was somehow not his? Or counts what was spent in 2001 as Bush but not Obama's in 2009?

Par for the course, make shit up as you go along, kinda like how you admit Obama spending money twice as fast as Bush is just fine with you.

What exactly have I made up? I believe I've cited all my claims of fact in dispute. In contrast, you've cited none of yours (in a contemporaneous thread) and haven't defended those that I've disputed.

And please let me know where I admitted that Obama spending money twice as fast as Bush is fine with me. He's not (File:Revenue and Expense to GDP Chart 1993 - 2008.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and it wouldn't be.

Suggesting that I admitted a claim of yours I didn't specifically contest is a bit presumptuous at the best of times. Moreso when I labeled your post as a whole largely false.

You stated that what Obama spends money is fine with you and that his deficit is ok but Bush's was not. And Obama is on track to raise the deficit by 6.2 trillion at the end of 2012. Or are you one of those idiots that claims his 2009 stimulus was somehow not his? Or counts what was spent in 2001 as Bush but not Obama's in 2009?

We should probably continue this in the other thread, but again I feel you have misrepresented me. I believe you are reacting to my statement that "I do prefer Obama's spending to Bush's." It might interest you to know that I am not fine with all things that I prefer to Bush's fiscal policy. If there is something else that I have said that indicates otherwise, feel free to quote me.

Not for lack of trying by those who want to stifle free speech.

I love how Black churches are free to preach politics from the pulpit. Encourage and demand members vote for whom the church supports and all is fine with liberals. But let a Christian Organization endorse or support a Republican and suddenly we are bombarded with how the candidate supported is to religious, to dogmatic and beholden to religion.

With prop 8 we had thread after thread here demanding that churches be stripped of their status for having an opinion. I do not recall ANY church allowing a Republican member of the executive to give political speeches from their pulpits. I don't recall any Republican Admin asking to do so.

I'm not aware of it either. However, even if they did it wouldn't necessarily violate IRS guidelines. A "limited amount" of issue advocacy is allowed. Campaigning for or against a person is the big no-no.
On the other hand, American churches have given asylum to political dissidents since before King George upped his taxes of and zipped his ears to colonial Americans.

No church that packed up their congregations to hold up signs on the streets for prop H8 lost their exemption.

Not for lack of trying by those who want to stifle free speech.

I love how Black churches are free to preach politics from the pulpit. Encourage and demand members vote for whom the church supports and all is fine with liberals. But let a Christian Organization endorse or support a Republican and suddenly we are bombarded with how the candidate supported is to religious, to dogmatic and beholden to religion.

With prop 8 we had thread after thread here demanding that churches be stripped of their status for having an opinion. I do not recall ANY church allowing a Republican member of the executive to give political speeches from their pulpits. I don't recall any Republican Admin asking to do so.
Today's political dissident does not always have a formative understanding of how the US came to be. They think history began the instant they were born, and that's that. :dunno:

Forum List

Back