Usps?

Um... i've never recieved a letter via UPS or Fedex :p

Besides, the establishment of post offices and post roads is one of the few things actually enumerated in the constitution

LOL! You don't want to send a letter UPS/FEDX either, about $5. a pop.

I owe the USPS a stamp.

Back in college, I defrauded the postal service out of the cost of mailing a first class letter.

I placed an empty envelope in the mail without a stamp, with a bogus recipient address, and my friend's legitimate return address to see if it would be returned to him for LACK OF POSTAGE. I just wanted to see if it would work.

And to tell you the truth, I don't think I ever followed up on it.

You shouldn't make such public confessions. There is no limitation on mail fraud, and you could end up in the slammer for 20 years.

There is no evidence. And I can just say that I didn't write the above...someone accessed my account.

That we can't afford and don't need.

Without the USPS my entire industry would be extinct.
And BTW...we are the 10th largest employer industry in the nation.

Yeah...let's get rid of the USPS :cuckoo:

Yes... there exist no private companies to mail your packages...:cuckoo:

And Employer? Doing what? They don't create wealth. Much of their service is unwanted (see: junkmail). And, as federal employees, their paychecks are a combination monetary inflation and removal of wealth from the private sector (taxation) so that whatever isn't waste or squandered somewhere can be returned to the private market (when they go to the grovery store)

What part of this all makes a lick o' sense?

I am a commercial printer.
Commercial printing employs about 500,000 people in America alone.
I send millions and millions of pieces every month via the USPS.
"Junk Mail" is about 1/2 our business.
Direct Mail still ranks #1 in advertising return on dollars spend...by a looong shot.
Take away direct advertising and you will crush businesses everywhere.
Just because you throw it away, doesn't mean everybody does...as I said - it is the most successful advertising there is.

Last edited:
I owe the USPS a stamp.

Back in college, I defrauded the postal service out of the cost of mailing a first class letter.

I placed an empty envelope in the mail without a stamp, with a bogus recipient address, and my friend's legitimate return address to see if it would be returned to him for LACK OF POSTAGE. I just wanted to see if it would work.

You shouldn't make such public confessions. There is no limitation on mail fraud, and you could end up in the slammer for 20 years.

There is no evidence. And I can just say that I didn't write the above...someone accessed my account.

Yeah, I said it. I wanted to sound cool on the Internet... I'm a fraud!

crying_smiley.gif

YOU BASTARD!!! :evil:

:razz:
Yeah, yeah...men hate junk mail - most women love it.
Men think it is a complete waste, women use coupons, finds out about sales, looks through catalogs ect. ect.
It is all geared towards women. Big time.

YOU BASTARD!!! :evil:

:razz:
Yeah, yeah...men hate junk mail - most women love it.
Men think it is a complete waste, women use coupons, finds out about sales, looks through catalogs ect. ect.
It is all geared towards women. Big time.

Actually, I don't mind it because it gives me something to recycle in the newspaper bin.

So... USPS keeps losing money.

Now... DNL and Fedex seem to make money, so the market can handle this.

The problem with getting rid of USPS directly is that we depend on it for delivery of government documents and utilities use it to deliver bills.

So.... what's the solution?
Only deliver 3 days a week? Harry Dresden

Ps. How much should a postal worker make?

The problem with getting rid of USPS directly is that we depend on it for delivery of government documents and utilities use it to deliver bills.

UPS, FedEx and DHL do not do what the USPS does, they do not delivery to every address with a mailbox.

They need to get rid of Saturday delivery except for packages. I think even every other day to residential neighborhoods could work.

My utility bills come through the email, and my bank pays them directly. I think I am in the great majority here

I owe the USPS a stamp.

I can see it now. He gets busted, tried and convicted. He goes to prison in a Federal Prison. When asked by other Prisoners about why he was in, he answers that he was in for defrauding the Government 13 cents. Even the hard core Murders and Rapists will fear him.

USPS should be done away with, or, then stampe need to be $2.00 if that is what it truly costs to mail a letter.

Why?

If it costs $2.00, then sell stamps for $2.00. Enough of this it costs $2.00, but we only charge $.43. We'll just use tax $$ and reimburse USPS on the back end for their losses. It buries the true cost of running the USPS. Make people see what it actually costs.

It is a cost ineffective operation... it should be done away with or privatized IMO.

You do realize that stamps cost more than $.43, don't you?

Speak for yourself. I know my job needs the post office.

So do millions and millions of Americans.

Plus, it's in the Constitution.

It says establish - it doesn't mean that the government has to run the operations of Post Office forever.

It seems to me I remember that the CEO of FEDEX wanted to take over the USPS.

Last I heard REDEX ran pretty well.

FEDEX runs great.

But it'd cost you about 15 bucks to mail a letter from NY to San Francisco by FEDEX.

The USPS charges 44 cents.

Another person who has not bought stamps recently!

I think that the private sector could do a respectable job in major metropolitan areas. When you're mailing a letter from Atlanta to Hastings, Nebraska that is where you have a problem. We'd need the USPS for that or to pay someone else to do it and it will costs you big time to send a UPS truck out there into the middle of nowhere.

I think it would be a huge plus if the USPS were able to "phase out" door to door mail delivery by, lets say, 2030. Instead, there would be a central mail pick up/drop off place for every 50 homes like they have for our condo down stairs. For Bills and sensitive mail, you'd need to pay a premium. For example...if you want your Internet bill sent to your house instead of the central mail pick up box down the street, AT&T would pay for that; but bill you for it in your monthly bill.

One thing is for sure; we don't need Saturday mail delivery in any way shape or form.

Forum List

Back