USMB Weekend Getaway

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
This idea popped into my head while reading through Echo Zulu's "Pick 5 Friends From Here" thread in the Flame Zone. The discussion ended up being who would you best like to have a beer with.

So, I got to thinking. Why don't we all get together for a weekend of binge drinking? Well, you don't actually have to binge drink, but you get the idea. I was on a message board for a long time after my wife passed away; it was an Internet support group for young widows. Anyway, we would have get togethers every now and then, some of them were actually pretty big events with over 100 attendees.

So my question is how many of you would be interested in putting something like this together? I would actually suggest planning something like this out at least 12 months in advance to give as many as possible the opportunity to make arrangements. That and planning one of these things can take some time.

Possible venues? Las Vegas, New York, LA, Miami, Chicago or any other suggestions.

If there are enough people interested, it is pretty easy to get discount rates through most hotels. Also, we could plan some group events such as catching a Broadway show in New York, or a show in Vegas.

Anyway, I'm not certain how this will go over, but please leave your feedback. If there are enough members interested, then we can start figuring out how to put this thing together. If not, then no biggie.

hmmm they did this on the old message board i was on...more regional..

why do we have to go to the city? i would prefer something a little more quiet...

plus with the ecoomy is will be hard for people to fly out to places...i have no clue where the majority of members live...

*let the whining begin*

Over at the Hannity board, there's a three year's running tradition of meet-ups. It all started with the "915 Posse" thread, where a conference phone line was introduced. Members talked on the phone to each other and got to know everyone alot better. Wasn't long before the meet-ups started and they're always a bang-up deal.

Nawlins is always the biggest and best one.

Over at the Hannity board, there's a three year's running tradition of meet-ups. It all started with the "915 Posse" thread, where a conference phone line was introduced. Members talked on the phone to each other and got to know everyone alot better. Wasn't long before the meet-ups started and they're always a bang-up deal.

o hell yes...i am there if we do new orleans....

we can do a great tour of the french quarter...

now figure out a safe, cheap place for what....50 or more to stay?

been there done that *rolls eyes* I learned if I ever go to another one I will NOT DRINK Alcohol! In all seriousness it would have to be very close to where I live for me to attend.

o hell yes...i am there if we do new orleans....

we can do a great tour of the french quarter...

now figure out a safe, cheap place for what....50 or more to stay?
never been to New orleans, but have always wanted to. I guess it would give me an excuse to finally go. My mom helps with a carrousel that was damaged during the hurricane maybe I could get her to go and we go write it off as a business trip.:razz:

Vegas always has cheap flights.

The hotel prices are also getting very low due to the economy.

I don't have a passport, so you'll have to come and get wasted in Canada - or at least learn how to do it properly.
I just found out in washington state you can get these special driver licenes where you don't need a passport to go into canada. I can't remember what they are called for the life of me but they have a pink strip across the top so it is easy to tell the difference.
It doesn't reallly matter for me though I am not allowed in Canada unless I want to become a temporary citizen.

the last forum I was on was a local music forum so it wasn't outlandish to see the day messageboard crew meet up for lunch somewhere and congregate during shows.

heres some wisdom of the day: NEVER date a mod from a forum you enjoy posting at. NEVER.

New Orleans could be fun. I've never been there.
I get stuck on Bourbon Street, eating all of the all-you-can-eat catfish prepared in dozens of ways, drinking and listening to the jazz music in the many little holes there. Getting the jambalaya and the gumbo, going from little place to little place, taking it all in. It's quite enjoyable.

New Orleans could be fun. I've never been there.
I get stuck on Bourbon Street, eating all of the all-you-can-eat catfish prepared in dozens of ways, drinking and listening to the jazz music in the many little holes there. Getting the jambalaya and the gumbo, going from little place to little place, taking it all in. It's quite enjoyable.
OMG some ate Alligator!

Vegas always has cheap flights.

The hotel prices are also getting very low due to the economy.
that is what I was thinking. It is around hundred to fly there from where I live and I saw where right now it is fifty a night to stay at the flamigo. I would love to go back to Vegas.

There's only a couple people I'd be interested in meeting in person. I don't do 'shriner's conventions'.

New Orleans is a blast. My tech school was in Biloxi, MS and I took several weekend trips to The Quarter. Granted I haven't been there post Katrina so I'm assuming they got The Quarter pretty much back in shape.

New Orleans is a blast. My tech school was in Biloxi, MS and I took several weekend trips to The Quarter. Granted I haven't been there post Katrina so I'm assuming they got The Quarter pretty much back in shape.
I didn't think it was hit bad because it is more inland but I could be wrong. My emails with a park and recs guy there I will have to ask her.

Forum List

Back