USMB Weekend Getaway

o hell i can see i am in charge of what to do in new orleans....lol....acme seafood...dirt cheap and damn good....we can get muffaletta from central grocery ...its the real one across from the french market...i am not into beignets but you must do cafe de monde...if yall want a fancy dinner ..we can do commanders palace..then harrahs for the evening...aquarium is nice...

cheapest drinks are the gay bars...2 for 1..and damn nice eye candy...but i cant see this bunch of homophos setting it aside for cheap drinks

o hell i can see i am in charge of what to do in new orleans....lol....acme seafood...dirt cheap and damn good....we can get muffaletta from central grocery ...its the real one across from the french market...i am not into beignets but you must do cafe de monde...if yall want a fancy dinner ..we can do commanders palace..then harrahs for the evening...aquarium is nice...

cheapest drinks are the gay bars...2 for 1..and damn nice eye candy...but i cant see this bunch of homophos setting it aside for cheap drinks
did the Cafe de monde but I liked better "The Court of two Sisters"

I won't be going to NO again though.

did the Cafe de monde but I liked better "The Court of two Sisters"

I won't be going to NO again though.

your still in tn right? i will pick you up....court of two sisters is very nice....but you have to do the cafe...dont ask me why...plus its a nice walk down by the river and all....

we can get all the gator you want to eat....

now for the nervy ones we will go to st louis grave yard #2 and see the grave of the voodoo queen..marie laveau...and if the bad ass guys come...we will go to st louis #1 and see her daughters grave....(well what the hell did you expect if you let the board witch make the plans)...

yall can do mass at jackson square and the church there....

I walked too far down the street once ... what was seen can't be unseen.

The younger, straight bars that I frequented had happy "hour" (12-8) 3-1 drink specials. I remember ordering the first round of drinks on my first trip there for my buds and didn't realized the drink special ... I ordered 4 beers, got 12, paid 8 dollars. I was in love.

Just out of curiosity, when it comes right down to it, how many of you are going to put your lives on hold, take vacation from work (if you have it), find sitters and/or daycare for your kids (if applicable), and foot the cost to head to another state to meet a bunch of people from a political board that you don't know, you've never even talked to via actual email, much less actually talked to on the phone, and likely haven't even seen a pic of?

If this were a "local" board, and everyone was in the same home town, I could see...but...

Really going to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

The younger, straight bars that I frequented had happy "hour" (12-8) 3-1 drink specials. I remember ordering the first round of drinks on my first trip there for my buds and didn't realized the drink special ... I ordered 4 beers, got 12, paid 8 dollars. I was in love.

hmmm i you implying i am old??????

hell we will just go to them all...

we got to avoid the section down the louis armstrong park...you dont wanna see them sights honey...i promise if anything flashes i will put my hands over your innocent eyes

one time i ended up in the warehouse district talking to a guy with a pit bull on a chain...he recommended i get the hell out of there...

then i drove into the projects...the real ones..desiree....nice real fucking nice....

Just out of curiosity, when it comes right down to it, how many of you are going to put your lives on hold, take vacation from work (if you have it), find sitters and/or daycare for your kids (if applicable), and foot the cost to head to another state to meet a bunch of people from a political board that you don't know, you've never even talked to via actual email, much less actually talked to on the phone, ad likely haven't even seen a pic of?

If this were a "local" board, and everyone was in the same home town, I could see...but...

Really going to do it?

never been to new orleans have ya?

i could do it...i can drive there is about 12 hours....plus i love that town....but you are right...its costly....for those with families...bring em...i can do family planning too...

there aint much for kids...really....

hmmm i you implying i am old??????

hell we will just go to them all...

we got to avoid the section down the louis armstrong park...you dont wanna see them sights honey...i promise if anything flashes i will put my hands over your innocent eyes

one time i ended up in the warehouse district talking to a guy with a pit bull on a chain...he recommended i get the hell out of there...

then i drove into the projects...the real ones..desiree....nice real fucking nice....

lol ... not at all, bones I'm just younger than you :D

Yeah, I wondered away from the main attractions a couple of times. Went into a dive strip club had a drunk and smacked out stripper fall asleep in my lap at about 3 in the afternoon. We hightailed it out of there.

I had one buddy get separated from the pack and he got mugged twice. The first time a couple of guys took his cash and the second time shortly after a CHICK with a knife took him for $400 at an ATM. :eek:

I vote for Vegas......my husband wants to go to Vegas so I could talk him into that one.

Downtown would be cheaper than the strip.

My only question is, "Do I really want to meet someone from an internet board that would want to meet me?"

One good thing, in Vegas, the drinks are free, just sit at a slot machine. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, when it comes right down to it, how many of you are going to put your lives on hold, take vacation from work (if you have it), find sitters and/or daycare for your kids (if applicable), and foot the cost to head to another state to meet a bunch of people from a political board that you don't know, you've never even talked to via actual email, much less actually talked to on the phone, and likely haven't even seen a pic of?

Really going to do it?

I'll take almost any excuse for a vacation.

Really going to do it?

I'm just curious to see who all actually WOULD, given the current economy and all...and who would give up family vacation time to drag theirs along to meet a bunch of people they've never heard of just because one member of the household is on here...

And...would you go alone, or bring your families?

i would drag the man...but we are not glued at the hip..he likes his own things in new orleans..the first live sex show was my last....but whatever floats your boat

Really going to do it?

I'm just curious to see who all actually WOULD, given the current economy and all...and who would give up family vacation time to drag theirs along to meet a bunch of people they've never heard of just because one member of the household is on here...

My husband would come, he likes Vegas...again, this would probably only apply to Vegas, getting him to go anywhere else is almost impossible. I ended up going to Japan with a friend.

Really going to do it?

If it was in Vegas I probably would because I planned on going there next year anyways. New Orleans is far but I have always wanted to go there!

Last edited:

cheap drinks are cheap drinks, it wouldn't be the first gay bar i've been in.

It would for me, at least, I think it would..:eek:

It would for me, at least, I think it would..:eek:
it might not be! I went to this bar for a few years and it seemed like over night it turned into a lesbian bar. One night I went with my friends and we were alittle more sober and we started looking around and asking ourselves where did all the cute guys go and all the butch women show up.
Plus if you live in the Seattle area they are all over!
I personally like to go the gay bars to dance because you don't have to worry about some dumb sweaty guy trying to paw you.

Gay Bars are a BLAST!

Forum List

Back