Useful idiots for the two-party system.

slackjawed

Self deported
Sep 27, 2008
15th congressional district of Arizona
"Useful idiots is a name no group of people would like to be called. It is however, what most Americans are relied upon to be by the powers that be. When the voting segment of our country fails to vote to stay free and instead allows itself to fall for the same old word games and mind manipulation, it sadly earns the title of useful idiots. In contemporary America, too many Americans are naive about their political "system" and its politicians. Therefore, we are as a people, where we are, because we allow it to be so. You see, America is a land of plenty. Plenty of food, plenty of money, plenty of gods, plenty of corrupt politicians and alas, plenty of useful idiots that repetively vote for them."

from ;

usefulidiots.com

Partisan fools make good partisan tools.

You hit the nail on the head, slackjaw.

The only two major parties in the US are the globalist elites, aka the Redemopublicratican Party, and those who oppose them. The elites have perfected the use of issues and social value systems to divide Americans into opposing camps while they collectively use these issues as justification to expand their control over every facet of our lives.

The only people who don't see it are those who refuse to see it, because they're too indoctrinated as a result of their heartfelt adherence to their issues. Are these deceived partisans sincere? Absolutely, yes they are. But they've allowed their pet issues to overcome the purpose of limited and representative government. They will be responsible for our demise, all the while wondering how things went so terribly wrong.

You're wrong and here's why.

What everyone calls "paritsan politics" isn't a bad thing. It's in fact indicative of the founder's genius - right now, the two party system is the only thing keeping this country from falling apart.

I'm not claiming that both parties aren't horribly corrupt - they clearly are. But they're not corrupt in the same ways. Democrats get paid by labor unions - and republicans get paid by big oil. Democrats have litagators and trial lawyers - republicans have DAs and State Attorneys. The two party system, and the fact that competing interests (at least in some cases) allow for a certain stasis - a middle area - which is certainly not ideal, but keeps us from falling off edge.

Go too far to the left or the right, and we fall apart. In the middle, it's corrupt as hell, but the system works. If only one side of the argument had a voice, everything would fall apart.

And as a response to the whole "throw them all out" argument - let me play devil's advocate for a minute. How long do you think it would take for all these new congressmen and senators to become just as corrupt as the people they replaced? (here's a hint: about 2 minutes after deciding to run).

What everyone calls "paritsan politics" isn't a bad thing. It's in fact indicative of the founder's genius - right now, the two party system is the only thing keeping this country from falling apart.

I'm not claiming that both parties aren't horribly corrupt - they clearly are. But they're not corrupt in the same ways. Democrats get paid by labor unions - and republicans get paid by big oil. Democrats have litagators and trial lawyers - republicans have DAs and State Attorneys. The two party system, and the fact that competing interests (at least in some cases) allow for a certain stasis - a middle area - which is certainly not ideal, but keeps us from falling off edge.

Go too far to the left or the right, and we fall apart. In the middle, it's corrupt as hell, but the system works. If only one side of the argument had a voice, everything would fall apart.

And as a response to the whole "throw them all out" argument - let me play devil's advocate for a minute. How long do you think it would take for all these new congressmen and senators to become just as corrupt as the people they replaced? (here's a hint: about 2 minutes after deciding to run).

According to one of the most prominent founding fathers, george washington, the two party system "...serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

According to one of the most prominent founding fathers, george washington, the two party system "...serves to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration....agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one....against another....it opens the door to foreign influence and corruption...thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another."

I have no doubt of that. I'm sure that all of the founding fathers hated the idea - the reason this country exists is because the founding fathers were idealists to the highest degree - which is exactly why they would never have been able to predict the situation that we're in right now. But my point of view - being a realist in the year 2010 - is that the two-party system is far from perfect - but much better than a one party system. In the real world, the status quo isn't always a bad thing.

And, in response to the rest of the quote - I think that the particular fear that Washington mentions in the quote above has yet to come true.

Last edited:

I have no doubt of that. I'm sure that all of the founding fathers hated the idea - the reason this country exists is because the founding fathers were idealists to the highest degree - which is exactly why they would never have been able to predict the situation that we're in right now. But my point of view - being a realist in the year 2010 - is that the two-party system is far from perfect - but much better than a one party system. In the real world, the status quo isn't always a bad thing.

And, in response to the rest of the quote - I think that the particular fear that Washington mentions in the quote above has yet to come true.

Now this I can agree with

Forum List

Back