USDA Fights 'Mountain Pride'

Then you move... Airbus is hiring in Mobile. Michigan UE rate is 8.2, Illinois is 8.8 and Alabama is 7.3
And who's in line to buy my house? And the house next door, and the houses down the street? Seems so simple until you try the reality of it! If everyone pulled up stakes, what happens to their largest investment~ their home? No market? Where are the buyers?

A vibrant middle class is what grows the economy. Waiting for largess to "trickle down" is failing proposition! Those with capital are not letting it flow at all, let alone "trickle". The economy is grown from the middle up, not the top down.

How confusing. It sounds as if you are angry that the haves aren't paying your way?
No, not at all. I'm frustrated by Conservatives who support policy without any actual knowledge of the consequences of those policies. and then those same Conservatives somehow can act smug and self-righteous while kicking a poor person out of the way.

And who's in line to buy my house? And the house next door, and the houses down the street? Seems so simple until you try the reality of it! If everyone pulled up stakes, what happens to their largest investment~ their home? No market? Where are the buyers?

A vibrant middle class is what grows the economy. Waiting for largess to "trickle down" is failing proposition! Those with capital are not letting it flow at all, let alone "trickle". The economy is grown from the middle up, not the top down.

How confusing. It sounds as if you are angry that the haves aren't paying your way?
No, not at all. I'm frustrated by Conservatives who support policy without any actual knowledge of the consequences of those policies. and then those same Conservatives somehow can act smug and self-righteous while kicking a poor person out of the way.

Complete and utter BS, my conservative friends always help those in need. A concept the Dems can't understand because they EXPECT the government to take care it, they don't want to be bothered with such trivial stuff. It makes the Dems guiltless because the government handles their poor.

Complete and utter BS, my conservative friends always help those in need. A concept the Dems can't understand because they EXPECT the government to take care it, they don't want to be bothered with such trivial stuff. It makes the Dems guiltless because the government handles their poor.
When the government acts to promote the general welfare of its citizens, we Liberals do not see that action as subversive. And when the government acts to promote the general welfare of its citizens, there are no ecclesiastical strings attached. And more poor are actually served at a more consistent quality and rate.

Shouldn't you have said "Some of my best friends are Conservatives!"? "My conservative friends" is so limiting in scope that no one can reasonably expect the poor to be adequately served.

Last edited:
They don't want food stamps...

USDA Combats

Doesn't sound like a fight?

"Hearing from the outreach worker that benefits could be used to purchase seeds and plants for their gardens turned out to be a very important strategy in counteracting what they described as ‘mountain pride’ and appealed to those who wished not to rely on others,” the document explains

Rather a good way to help these folks help themselves. Good job USDA!

But then again some folks are always looking for a fight. Good ratings.

:eusa_whistle:

:lol::eusa_boohoo::lol:

Sounds like you have a rich fantasy life.

Sounds like you have a rich fantasy life.
On the contrary. My life is very well grounded in reality. It's the Conservatives who fantasize about being rich.

I can always tell when someone has lost touch with reality...they profess they know what other people think.

If you're well grounded in reality, you wouldn't write out tripe like "conservatives fantasize about being rich". It means exactly zero, and just shows your obsession with what people THINK, as opposed to what they DO. You don't know what people THINK.

But your focus is all on feelings. Which is why your posts make pretty much no sense at all.

i can always tell when someone has lost touch with reality...they profess they know what other people think.

if you're well grounded in reality, you wouldn't write out tripe like "conservatives fantasize about being rich". It means exactly zero, and just shows your obsession with what people think, as opposed to what they do. You don't know what people think.

But your focus is all on feelings. Which is why your posts make pretty much no sense at all.
q.e.d.

So tell me then....how do you know that conservatives fantasize about being rich...and how does that relate to your superior grounding in reality?

Well we have our own who have said if they refuse foodstamps, their children should be taken away and their asses beaten.

So tell me then....how do you know that conservatives fantasize about being rich...and how does that relate to your superior grounding in reality?

You see the rich as the job creators, right? That the rich should be coddled and excused of tax burdens and excused of taking advantage of the bad situations they created? That the rich will shower largess upon the nation as their personal wealth grows?

And that the middle class is just a commodity (labor) to sate the appetite of the rich. That job creation does not come from the demand a vibrant middle class can muster. That increased disposable income actually fosters demand, and thus job creation befuddles Conservatives.

I've seen the results of "Trickle Down" economic theory. The wealthy boxed up the means of production and shipped it to Asia where wages are low, environmental safeguards are few and thus there are profits to be made. When does the "Trickle Down" begin?

You see the rich as the job creators, right? That the rich should be coddled and excused of tax burdens and excused of taking advantage of the bad situations they created? That the rich will shower largess upon the nation as their personal wealth grows?

And that the middle class is just a commodity (labor) to sate the appetite of the rich. That job creation does not come from the demand a vibrant middle class can muster. That increased disposable income actually fosters demand, and thus job creation befuddles Conservatives.

I've seen the results of "Trickle Down" economic theory. The wealthy boxed up the means of production and shipped it to Asia where wages are low, environmental safeguards are few and thus there are profits to be made. When does the "Trickle Down" begin?

Again, I am amazed at the huge leaps you make. Pretty unique in someone who is "grounded" in reality as you claim to be.

Well we have our own who have said if they refuse foodstamps, their children should be taken away and their asses beaten.

Did the USDA do that?

No -- but if the hand that feeds you is widely supported by folks who would use that same hand to smack you up the side of yo head --- You gotta wonder about the REAL compassion and atruism going on here..

Forum List

Back