US Teachers Spend $459 of Their Own Money Each Year on Classroom Supplies

AOC didn't take online classes she is just stupid.

How do you know ?

I never said she did, and I agree.

Sometimes even the best colleges can't fix stupid.

My wife is a BU grad too. Classes are fine but a lot of it is group work so you can ride someone else’s work.

Agreed. My daughter refused to do group work in high school and college. The teachers and professors always let her do her own work in a group of one!

On one hand you need to do group work because in real life rarely do you work solo. On the other hand the 80/20 rule applies and annoys people. At a school where I sit on the board, we force group members to rank one another post project work.

I beg to differ. You work with people in a group but the end result is usually through your own efforts. There is one other person in my defense contractor that does my job. He is on day shift so he can be supervised. I work the night shift with no supervision and no one can do my job alone. If I am gone for whatever reason, it takes about 5 people to do what I do daily.

Perhaps it is just the military that works that way, but I found similarities in schools and in business.

I have never seen that. I'll take your word for it. Everyone is replaceable.

So the two comments after your OP were "BS" and "teachers are crybaby losers". Ok. I my county there are almost 300 teacher openings. In some parts of the US there are even more. I just read an article about a woman teaching HS math and science on an "emergency certificate" for $15 an hour. She doesn't care what is taught and learned. She just wants to "love the kids".

I mean are we going to throw such a hissy fit for the ages about "government schools" that we do this? Well I guess we are.

My fellow conservatives can be disgusting sometimes, and also, terribly insulated.
-------------------------------- I also say BS but point out that so called highly educated teachers should be aware of the way that things are in the teaching perfession before they beg for jobs as teachers SSue92 .

perfession

enough said
------------------------------------ yep , teechers are another group that thinks they are 'special' but look at the dummies that their teeching perfession graduates from school . Its as I have noted in different threads . These young graduates that the teachers pass along as graduates can even not count change properly Sweet Sue .

You really shouldn't call people dummies when you have spelled "teechers" and again "perfession" over and over again.
----------------------------------------- I do some of my spelling as a form of disdain , disrespect and disgust for UNION and Public School 'teechers' . They are sorta like the lowest of the low on American societies ladder . Many times teechers think that are worth MO money but look at the messed up people that teechers produce SweetSue .

You would not last one week put together in my classroom. Not one, I promise you that.

-------------------------------- I also say BS but point out that so called highly educated teachers should be aware of the way that things are in the teaching perfession before they beg for jobs as teachers SSue92 .

perfession

enough said
------------------------------------ yep , teechers are another group that thinks they are 'special' but look at the dummies that their teeching perfession graduates from school . Its as I have noted in different threads . These young graduates that the teachers pass along as graduates can even not count change properly Sweet Sue .

You really shouldn't call people dummies when you have spelled "teechers" and again "perfession" over and over again.
----------------------------------------- I do some of my spelling as a form of disdain , disrespect and disgust for UNION and Public School 'teechers' . They are sorta like the lowest of the low on American societies ladder . Many times teechers think that are worth MO money but look at the messed up people that teechers produce SweetSue .

You would not last one week put together in my classroom. Not one, I promise you that.
You wouldn't have lasted a day on the jobs I used to do

See anyone can say that

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Essentially subsidizing underfunded schools,teachers in the US spend an average of $459 on classroom supplies for which they are not reimbursed.

Subsidizing Underfunded Schools, US Teachers Spend $459 of Their Own Money Each Year on Classroom Supplies

That being said, they have it relatively better than a lot of people in terms of benefits
and other public union advantages.

174289-21898.png
They can learn to code if they don’t like getting full time pay for part time work.

Again, your kids really hated homeschooling, amirite?

perfession

enough said

Spankings?

perfession

enough said

See anyone can say that

Today I taught 150 children. TODAY. Grades 5, 4, 3, K, 1, 2 in that exact order.

After three days put together you would cry uncle. I teach the entire school in 3.5 days. Then I start all over again with new lessons.

So you have bought into the lie that our students are all worse today than in the past?

Some are, but you need to put away that broad brush. Many kids today are getting a far superior education than you or I did. They just avail themselves of what is available.

Certainly not all but it is undeniable that our averages are plunging.

Averages based on what?

You obviously don't understand averages very well..

If you have 5 students take a test and 4 make a perfect score and one gets a zero, what is the average? That would be an 80 which is normally a C. So you are telling me those 4 students who got a 100% are "C" students?

Grow up.

I need to grow up because you suck at math and cannot discuss the topic rationally?

Typical.

Actually I've always been very good at math. For instance, using your amusing example, if four students got 100% and one got a zero, then that one didn't show up so you've got a 100% average.

Laughingcriter-Th.gif

I beg to differ. You work with people in a group but the end result is usually through your own efforts. There is one other person in my defense contractor that does my job. He is on day shift so he can be supervised. I work the night shift with no supervision and no one can do my job alone. If I am gone for whatever reason, it takes about 5 people to do what I do daily.

Narcissist?

When I see something like that I know immediately if they were gone, everyone else would be thrilled and they'd be proven correct that the missing one would not be missed.

See anyone can say that

Today I taught 150 children. TODAY. Grades 5, 4, 3, K, 1, 2 in that exact order.

After three days put together you would cry uncle. I teach the entire school in 3.5 days. Then I start all over again with new lessons.
----------------------------- its YOU that VOLUNTEERED for the job no matter if it is easy or hard SweetSue .

problem is that there is no Discipline or punishment that's acceptable in Public School nowadays and probably since the late 80s - early 70s because so called experts and stupid head 'doktors' say that there is no acceptable punishment . In my days the punks got the PADDLE .

See anyone can say that

Yeah sure

Why do you need so desperately to validate what you do for a living?

Teaching is no different than any other profession.

Essentially subsidizing underfunded schools,teachers in the US spend an average of $459 on classroom supplies for which they are not reimbursed.

Subsidizing Underfunded Schools, US Teachers Spend $459 of Their Own Money Each Year on Classroom Supplies

That being said, they have it relatively better than a lot of people in terms of benefits
and other public union advantages.

174289-21898.png
When I was in elementary school one of my teachers brought cases of her empty wine bottles to school for art class. She also brought a bunch of old tabloid magazines.

She then instructed the class to cut pictures out of the magazines and paste them onto the wine bottles to create collages.

Does the price of those bottles of wine and tabloids count as personal money spent on classroom supplies?

See anyone can say that

Yeah sure

Why do you need so desperately to validate what you do for a living?

Teaching is no different than any other profession.

Because people denigrate it so much. Also, why would you doubt that this is my teaching load in a day? This is nothing--one year, I taught 275 kids a day. In a portable (trailer). While PREGNANT.

You people do not have a clue and, because we're sick of telling you about it, we're getting out and telling our kids not to got into it no matter how much we love it ourselves.

Enjoy your American future with parolees for elementary teachers. But who cares anyway?

Forum List

Back