US senate passes measure to take first step in dismantling obamacare.

Repeal and replace. The no pre existing conditions and children up to 26 can be on their parents plan were conditions that republicans were in favor of from the beginning, before the Dems decided to steamroll their monstrosity that should be called UCA - unafordable care act.
Please explain how insurers will be able to cover pre existing conditions without the mandates requiring healthy people to buy insurance, and government subsidies to allow people to buy insurance who could not otherwise afford it.
They're discussing it now. Provide people with tax rebates instead of a mandate, allow interstate competition, and encourage, not drive out insurance companies to participate. It will be system based on accurate numbers and calculations, not based on lies, deception, and politics as was Obamacare.
I'll be watching and waiting. Forgive me if I'm skeptical about a few aspects of this. I predict that without the mandate, too few people will sign up voluntarily to support the more popular provision of the ACA. I also do not trust the insurers to put people before profits if regulations are loosened..

The govt or the insurers are two sides of the same coin. Trump will force the insurers to compete with each other to the benefit of the public.
How??

When insurance companies have to compete it drives the prices down . Because in order to gain consumers what is the first thing ppl do they look for the cheapest price but yet want good quality.

Take cars for example, If you could buy a bran new car at a cheaper price because lot A has a truck/car for ten thousand lets say, and lot B has the same truck for twelve thousand who will gain more people on the lots?

Repeal and replace. The no pre existing conditions and children up to 26 can be on their parents plan were conditions that republicans were in favor of from the beginning, before the Dems decided to steamroll their monstrosity that should be called UCA - unafordable care act.
Please explain how insurers will be able to cover pre existing conditions without the mandates requiring healthy people to buy insurance, and government subsidies to allow people to buy insurance who could not otherwise afford it.
They're discussing it now. Provide people with tax rebates instead of a mandate, allow interstate competition, and encourage, not drive out insurance companies to participate. It will be system based on accurate numbers and calculations, not based on lies, deception, and politics as was Obamacare.
I'll be watching and waiting. Forgive me if I'm skeptical about a few aspects of this. I predict that without the mandate, too few people will sign up voluntarily to support the more popular provision of the ACA. I also do not trust the insurers to put people before profits if regulations are loosened..

The govt or the insurers are two sides of the same coin. Trump will force the insurers to compete with each other to the benefit of the public.
How??
a govt run monopoly involving people's health care....what could possibly go wrong?

How??

Maybe if you read this it could answer some of your questions.

In order to break up healthcare insurance monopolies the Trump plan will permit the sale of healthcare across state lines allowing vendors to compete and thus lower prices for consumers. “By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up,” Trump argues.

Trump Rolls Out Free Market Healthcare Plan

How??

In order to break up healthcare insurance monopolies the Trump plan will permit the sale of healthcare across state lines allowing vendors to compete and thus lower prices for consumers. “By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up,” Trump argues.

Well, this is from March of last year. I want to hear what he plans to do and how he will do it now. I can't put any stock in what he said almost a year ago because I don't trust that what he said yesterday will be the same as what he said tomorrow.

During that same month, as reported by CNN Money he said:

In CNN's town hall last month, Trump said he likes the Obamacare mandate that requires every American to be insured. He went even further in a 60 Minutes interview last fall.

"Everybody's got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say...," he told Scott Pelley. "I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now." Trump's health care plan: What he promises and what it really says

but then......

But in his plan, he says: "Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to."

I want to see his plan and congresses plan before I deal with the issue of whether or not it even makes any sense

How??

Well, this is from March of last year. I want to hear what he plans to do and how he will do it now. I can't put any stock in what he said almost a year ago because I don't trust that what he said yesterday will be the same as what he said tomorrow.

In CNN's town hall last month, Trump said he likes the Obamacare mandate that requires every American to be insured. He went even further in a 60 Minutes interview last fall.

"Everybody's got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say...," he told Scott Pelley. "I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now." Trump's health care plan: What he promises and what it really says

but then......

But in his plan, he says: "Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to."

I want to see his plan and congresses plan before I deal with the issue of whether or not it even makes any sense

I know how long ago it was, but it explains what everyone denied was going to happen. Take what it said take where we are this year( while Obama is in) and match up what has happened.
This is what is happening and taking place.

when something is " OLD NEWS", it gives the foundation to compare what it says and where we are. It gives a slate as to what is taking place. Did you not see what it mentions, and what has taken place already.

How??

but then......

How the hell can anyone expect to see a full blown plan when the old plan has to be taken away first.

We already know he is NOT going to take away the " pre condition" coverage.

How??

but then......

Any reform effort must begin with Congress. Since Obamacare became law, conservative Republicans have been offering reforms that can be delivered individually or as part of more comprehensive reform efforts. In the remaining sections of this policy paper, several reforms will be offered that should be considered by Congress so that on the first day of the Trump Administration, we can start the process of restoring faith in government and economic liberty to the people.

Congress must act. Our elected representatives in the House and Senate must:

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
  2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.
  3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

Healthcare Reform
upload_2017-1-13_13-56-8.png

How??

but then......

I know how long ago it was, but it explains what everyone denied was going to happen. Take what it said take where we are this year( while Obama is in) and match up what has happened.
This is what is happening and taking place.

when something is " OLD NEWS", it gives the foundation to compare what it says and where we are. It gives a slate as to what is taking place. Did you not see what it mentions, and what has taken place already.
It doesn't explain the contradictions that I just pointed out. I have no idea "where we are at now" going forward. ,Neither does he. Neither does congress.

At best we are in a state of confusion and chaos that will put a lot of people at risk of loosing coverage:

Trump Tells Congress to Repeal and Replace Health Care Law ‘Very Quickly’ https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/us/repeal-affordable-care-act-donald-trump.html?_r=0

His remarks put Republicans in the nearly impossible position of having only weeks to replace a health law that took nearly two years to pass.

Mr. Trump appeared to be unclear both about the timing of already scheduled votes in Congress and about the difficulty of his demand — a repeal vote “probably some time next week” and a replacement “very quickly or simultaneously, very shortly thereafter.”

With complete control of Washington, what comes next in health policy will belong to the Republican Party. For several days, congressional Republicans of diverse political views — moderates and conservatives alike — have been saying they are nervous about repealing the law without any clear path forward. Five Senate Republicans have pressed to delay the deadline for committees to produce repeal legislation until March, and several House Republicans are also demanding that the pace slow down.

He does not understand the complexity of this or how things work and will lead them down the road to ruin. It's obvious that there is no actual plan.

How??

but then......

Any reform effort must begin with Congress. Since Obamacare became law, conservative Republicans have been offering reforms that can be delivered individually or as part of more comprehensive reform efforts. In the remaining sections of this policy paper, several reforms will be offered that should be considered by Congress so that on the first day of the Trump Administration, we can start the process of restoring faith in government and economic liberty to the people.

Congress must act. Our elected representatives in the House and Senate must:

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.
  2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.
  3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

Healthcare Reform
View attachment 106573
Where are the consumer protects against annual and lifetime caps on benefits? Against being kick of the plan when you get sick, against being denied coverage in the first place because of a preexisting condition?

What Health Policy Experts Think Of A Key GOPer’s Vision For O'Care Transition What Health Policy Experts Think Of A Key GOPer’s Vision For O'Care Transition

His vision, which he outlined in a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday, is earning measured praise from some health care policy experts for at least acknowledging that Republicans may have to keep some aspects of Obamacare alive while they work on an alternative to avoid causing major chaos to the individual market.

If they don’t want to crash the system this is the only way they can proceed, which is very carefully,” said Timothy Jost, a health law specialist at the Washington and Lee who is supportive of Obamacare. “Not following President-elect Trump in trying to replace it in one hour, but rather by taking time to disassemble it, in a very thoughtful and careful basis.’

Congressional leaders have promised that in theory replacement measures will come after the law is repealed, but they have offered few details about what proposals are on the table or even the timing to expect them. This has prompted a fair number of Republicans to express their discomfort with repealing Obamacare without a replacement ready. Alexander has taken the next step of elaborating on his ideas for going from the ACA through a transition period and ultimately into a replacement.

One of the most noteworthy proposals Alexander offered in the speech was the continuation on what’s known as cost sharing reduction (CSR) payments to insurers. The payments, which subsidize insurers for keeping out of pocket costs down for low income consumers, are among the measures the Affordable Care Act took to blunt the risk insurers face. They have also been decried by GOP lawmakers as “insurer bailouts" and the CSR payments are subject to a lawsuit brought by the House Republicans in 2014. Their fate remains in flux after a federal court ruled against them.

GOP governors fight their own party on Obamacare GOP governors fight their own party on Obamacare

Republican governors who reaped the benefits of Obamacare now find themselves in an untenable position — fighting GOP lawmakers in Washington to protect their states’ health coverage

This rift between state and federal GOP officials is the real battle on Obamacare at a time when Democrats have only marginal power in Congress. The voices of even a handful of Republican governors intent on protecting those at risk of losing coverage could help shape an Obamacare replacement and soften the impact on the millions who depend on the law.

......Trump’s push comes as at least five of the 16 Republican governors of states that took federal money to expand Medicaid are advocating to keep it or warning GOP leaders of disastrous consequences if the law is repealed without a replacement that keeps millions of people covered. They include Govs. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts, Rick Snyderof Michigan, John Kasichof Ohio, Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas and Brian Sandovalof Nevada.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) was confronted at a town hall on Thursday night by a man who said Obamacare saved his life after he was diagnosed with cancer — and asked Ryan why the GOP is currently trying to dismantle the law.

At Thursday’s event, which was sponsored by CNN and moderated by Jake Tapper, Jeff Jeans introduced himself as a lifelong Republican who once worked on the Reagan and Bush campaigns. “Just like you, I hated the Affordable Care Act,” he told Ryan. https://thinkprogress.org/paul-ryan-cancer-patient-obamacare-fa648a3d738e#.7d0odg0y9

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) was confronted at a town hall on Thursday night by a man who said Obamacare saved his life after he was diagnosed with cancer — and asked Ryan why the GOP is currently trying to dismantle the law.

At Thursday’s event, which was sponsored by CNN and moderated by Jake Tapper, Jeff Jeans introduced himself as a lifelong Republican who once worked on the Reagan and Bush campaigns. “Just like you, I hated the Affordable Care Act,” he told Ryan. https://thinkprogress.org/paul-ryan-cancer-patient-obamacare-fa648a3d738e#.7d0odg0y9
And Ryan answered that the new plan would not only cover the cancer patient, but make it more affordable to him and all those that are now suffering incredibly rising costs under Obamacare.

And Ryan answered that the new plan would not only cover the cancer patient, but make it more affordable to him and all those that are now suffering incredibly rising costs under Obamacare.

WHAT new plan? Ryan is full of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOP governors fight their own party on Obamacare GOP governors fight their own party on Obamacare

Republican governors who reaped the benefits of Obamacare now find themselves in an untenable position — fighting GOP lawmakers in Washington to protect their states’ health coverage

This rift between state and federal GOP officials is the real battle on Obamacare at a time when Democrats have only marginal power in Congress. The voices of even a handful of Republican governors intent on protecting those at risk of losing coverage could help shape an Obamacare replacement and soften the impact on the millions who depend on the law.

......Trump’s push comes as at least five of the 16 Republican governors of states that took federal money to expand Medicaid are advocating to keep it or warning GOP leaders of disastrous consequences if the law is repealed without a replacement that keeps millions of people covered. They include Govs. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts, Rick Snyderof Michigan, John Kasichof Ohio, Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas and Brian Sandovalof Nevada.
Trump will save America from this catastrophic monster the Democrats created.

Democratic governor: Obamacare 'no longer affordable' for many

Last edited:

WHAT new plan? Ryan is full of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait and see. It will be based on reality, not deception and fiction, like the one Obama shoved down American people's throats.

Yup, in an alternate universe, Obamacare might be a raging success. But not here on planet earth.

Forum List

Back