US senate passes measure to take first step in dismantling obamacare.

Abstract: If implemented as enacted, Obamacare will impose significant new Medicaid costs on states and constitute a major federal usurpation of long-standing state authority in regulating private insurance. This will be expensive and disruptive for those Americans who rely on individual or employer-based insurance for their health insurance. While some of the most expensive and disruptive provisions of the massive legislation do not take effect until 2014, other provisions are already going into effect and state lawmakers need to act right away if they are to implement their own Medicaid and private insurance market reforms to mitigate the harmful effects of Obamacare. State lawmakers must recognize that states are not mere agents of the federal government. They are not powerless, and there is nothing that requires them to assist in implementing this new, misguided federal health care agenda. They should assert their rightful authority, and represent and protect their citizens by resisting the disruptions entailed in Obamacare—taking actions that pressure the next Congress to scrap or redesign this harmful federal legislation.
upload_2017-1-12_18-57-28.png

Obamacare: Impact on States

You of course forgot to mention that millions of Americans lost their doctors and thousands of hospitals across the country refused to take Obamacare.
To say that providers do not take Obamacare is either deliberately misleading or proof that you have no idea what you're talking about. People are not "on Obamacare" There is no such thing as an Obamacare card. People are on insurance plans which health care providers may or may not be part of, and that includes plans not obtained through Obamacare. Yes they are all regulated by the ACA and that effects reimbursement rate, but that fact is a far cry from your statement:

Doctors or hospitals may be left out of insurance networks for many reasons; the decision is usually up to the insurance company, not the provider, but it usually comes down to reimbursement, which can be lower through plans obtained via the Obamacare marketplace http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...itals-wont-accept-obamacare-marketplace-plans.

And yes, some people lost their doctors because they lost their plans and they lost their plans because they were garbage and did not meet ACA standards. That is a good thing in the long run.

If you're going to deal with a topic, deal with it fairly and honestly- do the research- instead of just resorting to well worn talking points.
The honest truth is that tens of millions were left out in the cold, while millions saw astronomical increases in their rates, as a result of this "Obamacare" and the lies of president Hussein shithead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/sunday-review/sorry-we-dont-take-obamacare.html?_r=0

Got Obamacare insurance. Can't find doctors.

Obamacare health plans: Enough doctor choice?

Obamacare customers lose access to top Tennessee hospital

Nation’s elite cancer hospitals off-limits under Obamacare | New York Post

Many Obamacare exchange plans do not include top hospitals

Obamacare Is Killing Rural Hospitals and Their Patients
OK, I'll admit that this is very interesting and a bit disconcerting. You see, I'm willing to have a dialogue and learn. But is it a reason to scrap the ACA or, an indication that it needs to be improved upon. The ACA tightened standards and has an impact on reimbursements to providers. Maybe this can be the basis for an argument that we need a single payer insurance system that takes the emphasis off profit by the insurers and places it on patient care. What do you think?
Repeal and replace. The no pre existing conditions and children up to 26 can be on their parents plan were conditions that republicans were in favor of from the beginning, before the Dems decided to steamroll their monstrosity that should be called UCA - unafordable care act.

You of course forgot to mention that millions of Americans lost their doctors and thousands of hospitals across the country refused to take Obamacare.
To say that providers do not take Obamacare is either deliberately misleading or proof that you have no idea what you're talking about. People are not "on Obamacare" There is no such thing as an Obamacare card. People are on insurance plans which health care providers may or may not be part of, and that includes plans not obtained through Obamacare. Yes they are all regulated by the ACA and that effects reimbursement rate, but that fact is a far cry from your statement:

Doctors or hospitals may be left out of insurance networks for many reasons; the decision is usually up to the insurance company, not the provider, but it usually comes down to reimbursement, which can be lower through plans obtained via the Obamacare marketplace http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...itals-wont-accept-obamacare-marketplace-plans.

And yes, some people lost their doctors because they lost their plans and they lost their plans because they were garbage and did not meet ACA standards. That is a good thing in the long run.

If you're going to deal with a topic, deal with it fairly and honestly- do the research- instead of just resorting to well worn talking points.
The honest truth is that tens of millions were left out in the cold, while millions saw astronomical increases in their rates, as a result of this "Obamacare" and the lies of president Hussein shithead.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/sunday-review/sorry-we-dont-take-obamacare.html?_r=0

OK, I'll admit that this is very interesting and a bit disconcerting. You see, I'm willing to have a dialogue and learn. But is it a reason to scrap the ACA or, an indication that it needs to be improved upon. The ACA tightened standards and has an impact on reimbursements to providers. Maybe this can be the basis for an argument that we need a single payer insurance system that takes the emphasis off profit by the insurers and places it on patient care. What do you think?
It's just a "bit" disconcerting to you that tens of millions of Americans are now paying up to 100% or more for the same health insurance they had before Obama took office, eh? How nice of you, to be so considerate to people that are for the most part living paycheck to paycheck. And in other cases they can't even use the doctor or go to the hospital they want to. Way to go Obama and the Dems! If the goal was to put Americans under financial and emotional pressure as a result of Oblahblahcare, he sure succeeded! Got any more "plans"?! LOL

Repeal and replace. The no pre existing conditions and children up to 26 can be on their parents plan were conditions that republicans were in favor of from the beginning, before the Dems decided to steamroll their monstrosity that should be called UCA - unafordable care act.

It's just a bit disconcerting that tens of millions of Americans in some cases are now paying 100% more for the same health insurance they had before Obama took office, eh? How nice of you, to be so considerate to people that are for the most part living paycheck to paycheck. And in other cases they can't even use the doctor or go to the hospital they want to. Way to go Obama and the Dems! If the goal was to put Americans under financial and emotional pressure as a result of Obabacare, he sure succeeded!

All the true Obamacare information goes right over their heads the supporters of this BS. If this plan is kept it will go up every year. They also think the health care will be great no it won't. It will be very poor healthcare.
The only reason idiots from like Canada think their health care is so great, is because it's all they've ever known. Their health care sucks, and ppl die waiting to be seen.

Obamacare can be compared to what the VA gives. Oh and we notice how well they are doing as they lay dying. Doctors are leaving , it's already falling apart.

Rand Paul was the only Republican to vote no because they don't have a replacement completed yet.
I commend the hell out of him.
I want the obamination gone too but I don't want people to get fucked either.

Why? The dems had no problem fucking literally millions with this POS plan?
I know but two wrongs don't make a right.

It should have never been passed to begin with and now the Dems want someone to fix their mess. fuck'em. Repeal it
I cannot afford Obamacare, the deductables are so high, if I had an emergency, I would not be able to pay the bill anyway. Also, I get penalized and my taxes are taken for not having mandatory insurance. If I can't afford insurance, I certainly should not have to pay in my hard earn tax dollars because of it.

Rand Paul was the only Republican to vote no because they don't have a replacement completed yet.

It should have never been passed to begin with and now the Dems want someone to fix their mess. fuck'em. Repeal it
I cannot afford Obamacare, the deductables are so high, if I had an emergency, I would not be able to pay the bill anyway. Also, I get penalized and my taxes are taken for not having mandatory insurance. If I can't afford insurance, I certainly should not have to pay in my hard earn tax dollars because of it.

There are tons of people choosing to just pay the fine it end up being a lot less.
Communist can't understand how it is MEDICAL TYRANNY to fine people for not having insurance let alone forcing them. That is what political brainwashing will do to the weak minded who always want the Government to take care of them. That doesn't mean everyone many are now aware of Obama being one big ass mistake.
Now all we can do is undo it and of course the MSM will make Trump look like he's just oh so stripping everyone of their oh so important healthcare. These ppl who think this is great are complete idiots.

"Health care reform is a hot topic today, as it has been for much of America’s history. Benjamin Rush, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, warned in 1787 that medical freedom needed to be included in the American Constitution. Without this protection, Rush warned that the medical establishment would naturally progress – as many of mankind’s institutions do – into an oppressive dictatorship. His words, echoing from over 200 years ago, ring strikingly true today:"

There are tons of people choosing to just pay the fine it end up being a lot less.
Communist can't understand how it is MEDICAL TYRANNY to fine people for not having insurance let alone forcing them. That is what political brainwashing will do to the weak minded who always want the Government to take care of them. That doesn't mean everyone many are now aware of Obama being one big ass mistake.
Now all we can do is undo it and of course the MSM will make Trump look like he's just oh so stripping everyone of their oh so important healthcare. These ppl who think this is great are complete idiots.
I certainly don't want the Government to take care of me. Forcing expensive insurance on someone isn't right. Without Obamacare insurance costs less and paid more.

I certainly don't want the Government to take care of me. Forcing expensive insurance on someone isn't right. Without Obamacare insurance costs less and paid more.

Apologies , I wasn't meaning you , I was referring to those who mostly were like the Bernie Sanders supporters, and those who literally thing Obamacare is so great.

The ACA 2.5% of income fee, did you not know about that part?

Yes, I am angry, I don't like thieves, and ones claiming to be "entitled" by laws enacted due to personal opinions and political beliefs that /I/ do not share, are the absolute worst kind of thief.

I don't really give a shit what their third world problems are. No one handed me any money to pay any doctor bills I've paid, nor those of my children (though my husband had Blue Cross through work for those until fucking ACA killed that pan and the new costs of health insurance essentially he wasn't paying child support anymore - not that I needed, but the point stands,) nor those of my brother in law (who's a fucking dumb ass and blew 100grand on gambling in Vegas) got in a car wreck and broke his leg, nor my mother who broke her shoulder, nor my grandmother who went into a deep depression when grandpa died, nor even my other grandfather whom VA refused to send a nurse to tend to every week. Nope, not a fucking dime. I, and my family, had to paid for every penny of all that with no help from anyone else in this country.

These folks can't even handle paying for their own children to get a vaccine for school, so they come begging for help at my doorstep? Kiss off, panhandling is illegal in my municipality.
Maybe if you would settle down and stop ranting and rambling all sorts of shit -like the VA which has nothing to do with this -and actually explain what you're talking about we could communicate a little better. I am trying to understand your situation and where your coming from. Is this the 2.5 % that you're talking about?

• Individual Mandate (the tax for not purchasing insurance if you can afford it). Starting in 2014, anyone not buying “qualifying” health insurance must pay an income tax surtax at a rate of 1% or $95 in 2014, to 2.5% in 2016 on profitable income above the tax threshold. The total penalty amount cannot exceed the national average of the annual premiums of a “bronze level” health insurance plan on ObamaCare exchanges. ObamaCare Tax: Full List of ObamaCare Taxes

If so, what I'm getting from this is that your husband lost his employer based insurance, allegedly do to the ACA- which you have not really explained either- but you won't buy insurance on the open market, so you're being assessed this 2.5% Am I correct so far?

Now, if my math is correct, that $2,000 that you mentioned is 2.5% of 80K that you alone are making. If that's the case, I really have to wonder what it is that you're bitching so perusal about.

And, you continue to avoid my questions about the cost-to both society and us as individuals of allowing large numbers to go without coverage, as well as the moral aspects that I brought up. Get a grip and try to actually deal with these issues.

"Settle down and let me steal your money"? Fuck that dude.

Everything I rambled is quite relevant, they are /all/ examples of medical costs I, and my family, paid out of pocket with /zero/ assistance from "the American people."

Ya know, you'd be lost in my circle of friends if that small amount of aside throws you off; I can hold 10 or more consecutive conversations in my head at the same time - I have to number them for some of my friends... Lets try that:

1. Yes, I paid the 2.5% individual mandate.
1a. ACA coverage is 1200% unwanted by me, because it is absolutely useless to me. Medical insurance as a whole is nothing more than a money sink. I do not need "emergency medical bill" protection, nor do I need to "spread out" my medical bills over my entire lifetime. I am able to pay out of pocket when the need, or desire, arises - which is why I have never had health insurance in my entire 43 years.

2. It was actually $100k I cashed out of investments. I don't do my own taxes so you'd have to ask my tax chicky-po how she "knocked down" the $20k's worth of ACA fee.

3. My husband also paid whatever his fee was, but I have no idea what he paid as our tax chicky-poo filed us separate for whatever reason - aka I didn't see his taxes.
3a. I think he makes around $40k/y on his main job, $35k/y or so on the second, and $20/y maybe on his third "part-time" job. The bastard recovered from his broken neck and went work-a-holic on me again. I've been trying to get /him/ to fucking settle down for decades, no dice. Maybe the next moose hit will do it...

4. I, and my family, paid for the aforementioned medical bills for other family members without a cent of assistance from anyone else in the country.
4a. I actually meant my ex-husband (ie the note of child support.) The rates for insurance coverage through his work increased so much that he was basically paying nothing in child support; it had gone from $400 a month to $100 a month for 2 kids.
4b. /I/ didn't need the child support personally, but the reality is that insurance costs take money out of child support and thus is a potentially negative effect of ACA's mandates.
4b(1). To get into more disastrous detail on that - when in the child support system it is required by law for parents to purchase health insurance for the children if it is available, the cost is split between the parents via adjustments to CS payments. I even talked to lawyers to try to get the mandated insurance requirement waved after the ACA increase hit, but its apparently a Fed law. So, not only did my husband end up with massively expensive health insurance, when he would have rather paid the mandated fee (like I do), but that choice was doubly taken away from him because it was in child support enforcement - and all while the kids didn't even /need/ health insurance to begin with (because I have the money in hand to pay for their medical needs no matter what.) Stupid as shit and it actually fucked with my ex-husband and his new wife's budget to the point that we had to take the whole kit and kabootle out of CSSD and he had to mail a stupid check so he didn't lose his car or house. THAT is government intrusion to the extreme imo.
4c. Commentary on VA and my brother-in-laws stupidity is unrelated, but it crossed my mind.

Addressing the rest of your post:

1. What amount I may or may not make is irrelevant. Wrong is wrong.

2. The ACA mandate forces me to either throw money out the window on insurance and/or pay a fine when I do not want, nor need medical insurance.

3. It is not my job to pay for "benefits" for others.

4. As a 43 year old woman, who hasn't been to the doctor's in like 8 years and is perfectly fine, I can guarantee you 100% that health insurance is not a necessity for survival so spare me your "morals"

The ACA 2.5% of income fee, did you not know about that part?

Yes, I am angry, I don't like thieves, and ones claiming to be "entitled" by laws enacted due to personal opinions and political beliefs that /I/ do not share, are the absolute worst kind of thief.

I don't really give a shit what their third world problems are. No one handed me any money to pay any doctor bills I've paid, nor those of my children (though my husband had Blue Cross through work for those until fucking ACA killed that pan and the new costs of health insurance essentially he wasn't paying child support anymore - not that I needed, but the point stands,) nor those of my brother in law (who's a fucking dumb ass and blew 100grand on gambling in Vegas) got in a car wreck and broke his leg, nor my mother who broke her shoulder, nor my grandmother who went into a deep depression when grandpa died, nor even my other grandfather whom VA refused to send a nurse to tend to every week. Nope, not a fucking dime. I, and my family, had to paid for every penny of all that with no help from anyone else in this country.

These folks can't even handle paying for their own children to get a vaccine for school, so they come begging for help at my doorstep? Kiss off, panhandling is illegal in my municipality.
Maybe if you would settle down and stop ranting and rambling all sorts of shit -like the VA which has nothing to do with this -and actually explain what you're talking about we could communicate a little better. I am trying to understand your situation and where your coming from. Is this the 2.5 % that you're talking about?

• Individual Mandate (the tax for not purchasing insurance if you can afford it). Starting in 2014, anyone not buying “qualifying” health insurance must pay an income tax surtax at a rate of 1% or $95 in 2014, to 2.5% in 2016 on profitable income above the tax threshold. The total penalty amount cannot exceed the national average of the annual premiums of a “bronze level” health insurance plan on ObamaCare exchanges. ObamaCare Tax: Full List of ObamaCare Taxes

If so, what I'm getting from this is that your husband lost his employer based insurance, allegedly do to the ACA- which you have not really explained either- but you won't buy insurance on the open market, so you're being assessed this 2.5% Am I correct so far?

Now, if my math is correct, that $2,000 that you mentioned is 2.5% of 80K that you alone are making. If that's the case, I really have to wonder what it is that you're bitching so perusal about.

And, you continue to avoid my questions about the cost-to both society and us as individuals of allowing large numbers to go without coverage, as well as the moral aspects that I brought up. Get a grip and try to actually deal with these issues.

"Settle down and let me steal your money"? Fuck that dude.

Everything I rambled is quite relevant, they are /all/ examples of medical costs I, and my family, paid out of pocket with /zero/ assistance from "the American people."

Ya know, you'd be lost in my circle of friends if that small amount of aside throws you off; I can hold 10 or more consecutive conversations in my head at the same time - I have to number them for some of my friends... Lets try that:

1. Yes, I paid the 2.5% individual mandate.
1a. ACA coverage is 1200% unwanted by me, because it is absolutely useless to me. Medical insurance as a whole is nothing more than a money sink. I do not need "emergency medical bill" protection, nor do I need to "spread out" my medical bills over my entire lifetime. I am able to pay out of pocket when the need, or desire, arises - which is why I have never had health insurance in my entire 43 years.

2. It was actually $100k I cashed out of investments. I don't do my own taxes so you'd have to ask my tax chicky-po how she "knocked down" the $20k's worth of ACA fee.

3. My husband also paid whatever his fee was, but I have no idea what he paid as our tax chicky-poo filed us separate for whatever reason - aka I didn't see his taxes.
3a. I think he makes around $40k/y on his main job, $35k/y or so on the second, and $20/y maybe on his third "part-time" job. The bastard recovered from his broken neck and went work-a-holic on me again. I've been trying to get /him/ to fucking settle down for decades, no dice. Maybe the next moose hit will do it...

4. I, and my family, paid for the aforementioned medical bills for other family members without a cent of assistance from anyone else in the country.
4a. I actually meant my ex-husband (ie the note of child support.) The rates for insurance coverage through his work increased so much that he was basically paying nothing in child support; it had gone from $400 a month to $100 a month for 2 kids.
4b. /I/ didn't need the child support personally, but the reality is that insurance costs take money out of child support and thus is a potentially negative effect of ACA's mandates.
4b(1). To get into more disastrous detail on that - when in the child support system it is required by law for parents to purchase health insurance for the children if it is available, the cost is split between the parents via adjustments to CS payments. I even talked to lawyers to try to get the mandated insurance requirement waved after the ACA increase hit, but its apparently a Fed law. So, not only did my husband end up with massively expensive health insurance, when he would have rather paid the mandated fee (like I do), but that choice was doubly taken away from him because it was in child support enforcement - and all while the kids didn't even /need/ health insurance to begin with (because I have the money in hand to pay for their medical needs no matter what.) Stupid as shit and it actually fucked with my ex-husband and his new wife's budget to the point that we had to take the whole kit and kabootle out of CSSD and he had to mail a stupid check so he didn't lose his car or house. THAT is government intrusion to the extreme imo.
4c. Commentary on VA and my brother-in-laws stupidity is unrelated, but it crossed my mind.

Addressing the rest of your post:

1. What amount I may or may not make is irrelevant. Wrong is wrong.

2. The ACA mandate forces me to either throw money out the window on insurance and/or pay a fine when I do not want, nor need medical insurance.

3. It is not my job to pay for "benefits" for others.

4. As a 43 year old woman, who hasn't been to the doctor's in like 8 years and is perfectly fine, I can guarantee you 100% that health insurance is not a necessity for survival so spare me your "morals"

I think a lot of ppl miss the part where for example : lets say one is a male, and they have to choose a certain health plan and we will say the cheapest one happens to have maternity leave in it, or abortions keep in mind the guy is a single male, not married and obviously won't be pregnant, but yet he has to choose this health care plan because it's the most affordable.

Then another scenario is someone who doesn't smoke but must choose a plan that has some smoking bs in it.

I mean this plan is freaking mess.

Or even some women don't need maternity shit either, I had my tubes tied after that last demon popped out. Menopausal women don't need that coverage either.

It's a mess I agree, but for me the bigger point is that it is a 100% unnecessary thing. Insurance is like a medical expense credit card, except worse because even if you have a zero balance, you're still making a monthly payment on it. Worse there is absolutely no end point gain to it. It's just money down the toilet, and you might as well flush it given the fucking trash that's available - Like I said mine was quoted at $1k a month with a $10k deductible, are you shitting me? That's $24k a year before it even kicks in!!! Who the fucking hell is spending that on medical every year? They need to just give the fuck up on their worthless sack of skin and die already. I think the most I've spent in a single year was $24k and that was 100% voluntary dental work to replace my fangs with implants heh

It's yet another way for Dems to suck blood money from the public in the name of "health care."

Please explain how insurers will be able to cover pre existing conditions without the mandates requiring healthy people to buy insurance, and government subsidies to allow people to buy insurance who could not otherwise afford it.

Please explain how insurers will be able to cover pre existing conditions without the mandates requiring healthy people to buy insurance, and government subsidies to allow people to buy insurance who could not otherwise afford it.
They're discussing it now. Provide people with tax rebates instead of a mandate, allow interstate competition, and encourage, not drive out insurance companies to participate. It will be system based on accurate numbers and calculations, not based on lies, deception, and politics as was Obamacare.

They're discussing it now. Provide people with tax rebates instead of a mandate, allow interstate competition, and encourage, not drive out insurance companies to participate. It will be system based on accurate numbers and calculations, not based on lies, deception, and politics as was Obamacare.
I'll be watching and waiting. Forgive me if I'm skeptical about a few aspects of this. I predict that without the mandate, too few people will sign up voluntarily to support the more popular provision of the ACA. I also do not trust the insurers to put people before profits if regulations are loosened..

I'll be watching and waiting. Forgive me if I'm skeptical about a few aspects of this. I predict that without the mandate, too few people will sign up voluntarily to support the more popular provision of the ACA. I also do not trust the insurers to put people before profits if regulations are loosened..

The govt or the insurers are two sides of the same coin. Trump will force the insurers to compete with each other to the benefit of the public.

Roudy is right on the money.

The govt or the insurers are two sides of the same coin. Trump will force the insurers to compete with each other to the benefit of the public.
How??

Forum List

Back