US guards with guns to patrol British airports!!!!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Daily Mail (UK) ^ | Dec 19, 2015
Gun-toting US border guards with the power to search holidaymakers will be stationed at British airports for the first time, under controversial plans being discussed by Washington and London. The US Department of Homeland Security wants to introduce the scheme at airports worldwide, including Heathrow and Manchester, to reduce the risk of Islamic State terrorists flying to America.

Good idea, air hole them there

What about those bad guys from the rest of the European nations , Indonesia, and Africa.

What about those whom come in by boat; foreign cargo & container ships ?

We don't have enough manpower for border protection here in the states, why send some guys overseas?

Shadow 355

What about those bad guys from the rest of the European nations , Indonesia, and Africa.

We don't have enough manpower for border protection here in the states, why send some guys overseas?

Shadow 355

We have enough manpower, they just won' use it. Homeland security employs 240,000 people, put them to use

We have enough manpower, they just won' use it. Homeland security employs 240,000 people, put them to use

I disagree. Federal Law Enforcement is just like my Security job , understaffed and underfunded.

FBI and Secret Service could use some more manpower , Customs needs about 5,000 more agents. Border Patrol could use about 10,000 and DEA needs about 5,000.

If you give someone a tasks they need the manpower and resources to do the job.

I was on Homeland Security's website a week or so ago..... Their pay is terrible. Their leadership needs tweaking too.

Shadow 355

Shadow 355

We are being brought in because Brits are afraid to arm more of their cops!

I disagree. Federal Law Enforcement is just like my Security job , understaffed and underfunded.

FBI and Secret Service could use some more manpower , Customs needs about 5,000 more agents. Border Patrol could use about 10,000 and DEA needs about 5,000.

I was on Homeland Security's website a week or so ago..... Their pay is terrible. Their leadership needs tweaking too.

Shadow 355

I don't know why there are 240,000 employees, sounds like a lot of people doing nothing....you know like most government agencies

We are a step closer to a World Global Government.

Too sad for words. :confused:

I had a chance to work Customs at an airport one time .

In the Army Reserves one day, northeast military post in my state - a guy told me the only way I could be a State Trooper , is if I had a college degree - which I did not have at that time . So I was never a Trooper.

I would have a Government retirement now.

Shadow 355

I had a chance to work Customs at an airport one time .

In the Army Reserves one day, northeast military post in my state - a guy told me the only way I could be a State Trooper , is if I had a college degree - which I did not have at that time . So I was never a Trooper.

I would have a Government retirement now.

Shadow 355
Most Brit cops do not carry firearms and most have little to no firearm training. That is why they called us.

I don't know why there are 240,000 employees, sounds like a lot of people doing nothing....you know like most government agencies

Criminal investigations.

Criminal intelligence - gangs and drug cartels .

Drug interdiction.

Terrorist intelligence.

Fusion centers and tasks forces .

Undercover operations.

Long term surveillance on criminals and terror investigations.

Crime scene processing - violent crimes and bombings and shootings.

Cyber crimes and intelligence.

White collar crimes - embezzlement and theft.

Passport & Customs fraud.

Investigation of wanted persons - fugitive investigations.

Cold cases - interstate crimes , robbery and kidnapping.

These is just some of the work .

Shadow 355

Duplication of efforts across many other FED departments causes wasted spending and efforts. GWB is to blame for creating HS. not needed.

a guy told me the only way I could be a State Trooper , is if I had a college degree

did not know that? Maybe local police is easier to get into? too late now. sorry you missed your dream job. nowdays if you don't have felony or visible tattoo or right "type"?.......I don't know.

Those fucking Brits better be compensating the US for our protection.

did not know that? Maybe local police is easier to get into? too late now. sorry you missed your dream job. nowdays if you don't have felony or visible tattoo or right "type"?.......I don't know.

Local Constables office. Only people smart enough to make high score on the civil service test was certified officers from my local jurisdictions and correction officers from the local Constables office.

I have no tattoos - excellent military service - a security clearance - excellent record - no crimes - I was in perfect physical shape .

The county seat police dept hired certified officers from the county east of me, or the county south west ( south ) of me.

State Police - graduates of one college south west, or " connections " - relatives.

Getting a start in Law Enforcement for me was no easy chore. I tryed for 10 years to get into police work. No luck. Countless civil service tests I have taken and studied for.

Shadow 355

a guy told me the only way I could be a State Trooper , is if I had a college degree

I seen a Deputy one day - as I recall , taking the civil service tests by vehicle to the Capital. ( I don't remember how I knew ). Why were the tests not sealed and mailed by the civilian commission that administers the tests ?

Two deputy's hanging around a police dept north of where I live . They talk on many grave shifts with one officer. Next civil service test that city officer is hired as a County Deputy .

Two jailers make high score on civil service test and get hired at the same time. Next test - another jailer makes the highest score .

Hmmmm ?????

Shadow 355

Last edited:

My current job - the last shift supervisors position was already planned out I believe, they knew whom was getting promoted way ahead if time on 3rd shift, despite having interviews for the position .The guy who got the supervisors job was interviewed first, and he left as I was driving in - must have been a short interview.

"Grandpa" whom got promoted about the year 2003 on 4th shift was promoted - because he was from the county south east of me. I was told he was getting the job long before he got it. I covered him one night in bay " F " on a patient in a maintenance trailer. Him ..... a Paramedic was standing outside the trailer when I arrived ; with a female taking care of the patient in the south east corner of the building.

Things that make you go hmmmm?

Would I take a promotion now? I don't know. After being done wrong and cheated...... It would be hard.

Shadow 355

European Pilots to Protect US Skies - AP 10/10/01

OCTOBER 10, 2001 19:07 EDT

European Pilots to Protect US Skies

By RICHARD GREEN
Associated Press Writer

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — European pilots will help protect U.S. skies for the first time starting Friday, flying five AWACS planes that are being deployed to Tinker Air Force base from a NATO base in Germany.

"They will be defending the homeland, flying combat air patrol," Air Force Capt. Steven Rolenc said. "They will be providing the capabilities that AWACS brings to the fight."

The Airborne Warning and Control Systems aircraft are used to monitor battles on the ground or threats in the air. U.S. pilots will also be involved in the air patrols.

The airplanes began arriving Tuesday from Geilenkirchen, Germany, Rolenc said. They will be accompanied by a Boeing 707 used to transport personnel and their equipment.

President Bush said in an appearance with Lord Robertson, the NATO secretary general, that the AWACS aircraft will be flying over the continental United States by Friday.

"This has never happened before, that NATO has come to help defend our country. But it happened in this time of need, and for that, we're grateful," Bush said.

Responsibility for defense of U.S. and Canadian air space lies with the North American Aerospace Defense Command, or NORAD. The AWACS planes will bolster NORAD patrols instituted after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington.

NATO is assisting the United States in its war against terrorism under the organization's Article 5, which states that an attack on one member of the alliance is an attack on all. NATO has also used AWACS airplanes in Bosnia and the Balkans to assist in air operations.

"We work with NATO all the time," Rolenc said. "We exercise with them. We train with them."

Tinker's 552nd Air Control Wing, which has 28 AWACS airplanes and 3,400 military members, is participating in the U.S. military action in Afghanistan.

The exact number of people deployed was not released. Tinker's 970th Airborne Air Control Squadron and 507th Air Refueling Wing, both reserve units, were also activated.

Mutual aid in time of need is what NATO is about. While ISIS is hardly an existential threat to any of us, the murder of the citizens of any of our nations is not acceptable. So we aid each other during threats of this type.

Forum List

Back