US Debt

How much debt should the USofA have?

• doesn't matter if over 100% of GDP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
havent you heard. Now that Trumps POTUS we have unlimited debt responsibiliy.

$10 million dollar golfing weekends
$30-50 BILLION dollar walls 20 feet high
economic packages that cost $10-15 trillion dollars
$1 million a day so his trophy wife doesnt have to sleep in the same bed with him

hell, anything he decides regardless how much it costs taxpayers ITS ALL GOOD !

and the Trumpbots here will argue to the death supporting him, then blame Clinton/Obama for his spending spree.
so you're saying that trump is not different than Clinton and Obama.

thus verifying that trump is a dem
No we are saying that Don THE Con is no different than any other Republican, talks debt reduction as he jacks up the debt.
when was the last time any Pres lowered the debt?

sure as hell wasn't "Spend baby spend!" obama

Obama lowered the deficit over 1 Trillion dollars.

FACT
absolute and utterly improvable lie.

if he had done that, it wouldn't be over $20 trillion now.

I don't get it, it's not math, it's just counting.
You should start by looking at discretionary spending vs. mandatory.

Since there is ZERO OPTION for a BALANCED BUDGET CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT to check Government Spending.....This thread and Poll are a FAIL.
Must be CNN that ran this poll.

I vote for ZERO debt, and an ABOLISHMENT of THE FEDERAL RESERVE as their Bank Notes are not LEGAL TENDER.

Cancel the Debt with them if they won't settle for a lump sum payment of THE DEBT for pennies on the dollar.

We have the Constitutional Authority to do that YESTERDAY!

Start Printing Treasury Notes like Kennedy did.
You have no clue how the economy works... please do yourself a favor and study up before trying to engage in these conversations.

Tell that to Greece.

Again, Greece's debt load wasn't the cause of Greece's recession. That was because of the global financial catastrophe caused by Bush and the Conservatives when they inflated a subprime bubble to make the economy look like it was growing when it really wasn't. Also, Greece's problems were made worse when it cut spending in order to appease the European Central Bank. Also, unlike the US, Greece cannot simply print more money, as its currency is the Euro.

But back to the original point; Conservatives have yet to actually articulate the connection between federal debt and the economy.

havent you heard. Now that Trumps POTUS we have unlimited debt responsibiliy.

$10 million dollar golfing weekends
$30-50 BILLION dollar walls 20 feet high
economic packages that cost $10-15 trillion dollars
$1 million a day so his trophy wife doesnt have to sleep in the same bed with him

hell, anything he decides regardless how much it costs taxpayers ITS ALL GOOD !

and the Trumpbots here will argue to the death supporting him, then blame Clinton/Obama for his spending spree.
Michelle has 24 staffers, Mrs Trump only has 4. Also Mrs Trump lived in the white house now. Please keep up. Also the border wall will save us money over time. Get new talking points.

You always fall back to the old lies.

FLOTUS Michelle had no more staff than those before her and she actually got a lot done. Thanks to her, vets and their families got jobs and housing and childhood obesity went down. Under the fat cheeto, it will go sky high again.

Melania isn't doing anything and likely won't. All you have to do is look at her "staff" to know that. She does not live full time in thevWH.

Siete is right that the trump klan is costing more than any other prez and he's doing less. Millions every week.

When is trump going to fill key positions? RWs blame the Dems but trump hasn't even nominated them. And Congress has no say in straight hires. Fact is, trump is just too fat and lazy, and way to busy attacking his own country, just like he did today.

The wall is stupid, needless. Just as trump profits from a worthless pipeline, he profits from pretending some stupid wall will be built.

You've been had and aren't smart enough to know it yet.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It depends on which party is president.
When a Republican is president, no amount of debt is too much, there is ALWAYS a rationalization to justify it.

When a Democrat is president ANY debt is too much and is stealing from our grandchildren.

Deficit-Attention-GOP.jpg

Ain't that the truth. It was crooked Saint Ronnie who made the US a debtor nation and RWs adore him.

The Rs cut taxes for wealthy, raise taxes for working class, don't pay for what they spend and then just tack it it on to the guy's "p&l" and then blame him for the higher debt. That has become the constant chant against Obama.

Now we have trump who said he "loves debt" and would not hesitate to increase US debt. Even though he has mostly failed in the past and has failed at every "deal" since he took office, the trumpkins believe he is a successful businessman. So yeah, you're right that the RWNJs are loving themselves some more of that funny money.

President Obama cut the deficit by 2/3rds and it is already back up. And, who'd-a thunk trump could add so much to the debt in only 6 months while actually not doing much but eat, tweet and play golf.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
It was crooked Saint Ronnie who made the US a debtor nation and RWs adore him.

The vast ignorance to make such a statement would require so much effort that you must be paid to keep yourself so uninformed.

so you're saying that trump is not different than Clinton and Obama.

thus verifying that trump is a dem
No we are saying that Don THE Con is no different than any other Republican, talks debt reduction as he jacks up the debt.

FACT

I'll repeat, and I'll type slowly.

Absolute and utterly improvable lie.

If he had done that, it wouldn't over $20 trillion now.

trying to fine line or break things down is childish and idiotic.

he exploded the debt.

FACT

FACT

he exploded the debt.

FACT

look it up sport.. the deficit was $1.4 trillion when Obama took office, it dropped to just over $400 billion..

Strong growth in individual tax collection drove the U.S. budget deficit to a fresh Obama-era low in fiscal 2015, the Treasury Department said Thursday.
For the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30 the shortfall was $439 billion, a decrease of 9%, or $44 billion, from last year. The deficit is the smallest of Barack Obama’s presidency and the lowest since 2007 in both dollar terms and as a percentage of gross domestic product

Keep in mind, in the Obama era, the deficit has shrunk by $1 trillion. That’s “trillion,” with a “t.” As a percentage of the economy, the deficit is now down to just 2.5%, which is below the average of the past half-century, and down from 9.8% when the president took office.

if you cant prove any different STFU

Last edited:
This quote of yours says it all... Why understand the details? Spoken like a true fool.

If you are going to assign blame then at least understand what you are blaming him for... It doesn't sound like you have a clue how the budget or debt works. I'll be the first to admit that fiscal responsibility wasn't Obamas strong suit... But he is not responsible for much of what you are blaming him for. Go educate yourself.

Again, Greece's debt load wasn't the cause of Greece's recession. That was because of the global financial catastrophe caused by Bush and the Conservatives when they inflated a subprime bubble to make the economy look like it was growing when it really wasn't. Also, Greece's problems were made worse when it cut spending in order to appease the European Central Bank. Also, unlike the US, Greece cannot simply print more money, as its currency is the Euro.

But back to the original point; Conservatives have yet to actually articulate the connection between federal debt and the economy.

NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Greece's problems, as you know well, came about because of the welfare society, a desire for the womb to tomb care plus unaffordable benefits for workers.

What percentage is their debt of their GDP?

21614fca-d4aa-4dec-996b-7cef2a24d638_zpso82vhtc8.jpg

FLOTUS Michelle had no more staff than those before her and she actually got a lot done. Thanks to her, vets and their families got jobs and housing and childhood obesity went down. Under the fat cheeto, it will go sky high again.

I didn't notice your source and link. Is that because you couldn't find any?

look it up sport.. the deficit was $1.4 trillion when Obama took office, it dropped to just over $400 billion..

Strong growth in individual tax collection drove the U.S. budget deficit to a fresh Obama-era low in fiscal 2015, the Treasury Department said Thursday.
For the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30 the shortfall was $439 billion, a decrease of 9%, or $44 billion, from last year. The deficit is the smallest of Barack Obama’s presidency and the lowest since 2007 in both dollar terms and as a percentage of gross domestic product

Keep in mind, in the Obama era, the deficit has shrunk by $1 trillion. That’s “trillion,” with a “t.” As a percentage of the economy, the deficit is now down to just 2.5%, which is below the average of the past half-century, and down from 9.8% when the president took office.

LOL_zpsrc5py0ql.gif

FACT

he exploded the debt.

FACT

^^ Some people actually take this driver seriously. Deficit shrunk by 1 trillion... so Obama had over 1 trillion dollar deficits. What a winner!

FACT

he exploded the debt.

FACT

^^ Some people actually take this driver seriously. Deficit shrunk by 1 trillion... so Obama had over 1 trillion dollar deficits. What a winner!
You don't seem to understand where the money is going... Here is a link that might help

Federal Spending: Where Does the Money Go

he exploded the debt.

FACT

You don't seem to understand where the money is going... Here is a link that might help

usgs_chartDp13t.png

During 40s... to war against Nazis.

During Obama time.... War against American people + middle east?

he exploded the debt.

FACT

usgs_chartDp13t.png

Your point?

he exploded the debt.

FACT

usgs_chartDp13t.png

Your point?

Look a the graph and reconsider your batshit insane point you though you made about Obama being the debt shark.

usgs_chartDp13t.png

Your point?

Look a the graph and reconsider your batshit insane point you though you made about Obama being the debt shark.
He came into office immediately after one of the worst recessions our country has ever seen. Housing crash, unemployment spike, wall street corruption... on top of that we were at WAR. The vast majority of his spending, by far, was on the military... Like by far. So what specifically are you objecting to or are you limited to looking at pretty colors on generalized charts?

usgs_chartDp13t.png

Your point?

He came into office immediately after one of the worst recessions our country has ever seen. Housing crash, unemployment spike, wall street corruption... on top of that we were at WAR. The vast majority of his spending, by far, was on the military... Like by far. So what specifically are you objecting to or are you limited to looking at pretty colors on generalized charts?

Blah, blah blah...

He spent like a drunk sailor. Most since WW2.

usgs_line.php

Excuse... excuse...

Forum List

Back