US Approves Cluster Bombs for Ukraine

I’m a Democrat and liberal

I’m an Irish American it’s a matter of choosing a side. And I wanna see northern Ireland unite with the Republic of Ireland like millions of Irish Americans do …. These days that might come about with a Democratic vote but back in the 60s it was a different era.

I think in most conflicts there’s good people on both sides in most cases, including during the times of the troubles. Comes down to what type of Irishman you are do you want to live under the British or do you want to be free? Have your own country

Ukraine Ukraine is not a democracy. There’s nazis in the Ukraine government. There’s about 1 million Ukrainian Americans. Most people in America don’t really know much about Ukraine including me until the media bombarded us with stories about Ukraine. I did my own research though..

Many of them don’t know that there was a coup in 2014 in Ukraine, to overthrow the Russian friendly government there. This is a country that is on the border of Russia clearly many people in eastern Ukraine are pro-Russian.

Actually. It wasn’t a coup exactly.

The President ran on and got elected supporting the ideas of stronger ties to the west. The people wanted that. Putin and the Russians didn’t. So they pressured the President to announce that after considering the issue he was linking up with Putin.

The people didn’t want that. They took to the streets.

Imagine if you elected a Republican who promised to protect the Second. Then he announced a total gun ban. A complete reversal of the policy. The Republicans would take to the streets with vows to fight. Would that be a coup?

So the Ukrainians rebelled. A Revolution. Among other things were a return to the 2004 Amendments to the Constitution. The Amendments the outgoing President decided he didn’t like.

New elections were held and the people overwhelmingly picked the candidate who wanted closer ties to the West.

The War in Ukraine is simple. Do the people have a right to choose their leaders and national direction. Ukrainians say yes. Russians say no.

US cluster bombs are still crippling children in Laos
A Laotian teenager who lost both arms in 2017 after picking up a U.S. cluster bomb without knowing what it was.
992mgo.jpg

The governor of Russia's Belgorod region, Vyacheslav Gladkov, has said that the Ukrainian military shelled the village of Zhuravlevka in the region with cluster munitions.
"In Belgorod district on the village of Zhuravlevka fired 21 artillery shells and three cluster munitions from MLRS," he wrote in Telegram.

It is specified that together with this the village was attacked with one kamikaze drone and fired from a grenade launcher - 10 shots were recorded.

Earlier, U.S. Assistant to the President for National Security Jake Sullivan said that Ukraine had given guarantees to the United States that it would allegedly not use the received cluster munitions on Russian territory.

On 16 July, Russian leader Vladimir Putin said that Russia might respond in a mirror-like manner if the Ukrainian armed forces use cluster munitions.

Forum List

Back