US Appeals court upholds Marylands unconstitutional ban on scary guns

U.S. appeals court upholds Maryland's ban on assault rifles
A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld Maryland's ban on assault rifles, ruling gun owners are not protected under the U.S. Constitution to possess "weapons of war," court documents showed.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit decided 10-4 that the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, a law in response to the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, by a gunman with an assault rifle, does not violate the right to bear arms within the Second Amendment.
"Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war," Judge Robert King wrote

---------
Extend it? WTF is that supposed to mean?
I assume, for the sake of consistency and honor, those same people also don't think the first applies to the internet and phones? You know, because they cant "extend it?"
Or maybe any religion developed after 1787, doesn't get the same rights as one developed pre-Constitution?
IDK maybe that's not what it means :dunno:

are you of the delusion that it is inappropriate to regulate guns?

before you answer you should try reading heller... bveause that isn't what the holding is.
It's actually unconstitutional....

A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld Maryland's ban on assault rifles, ruling gun owners are not protected under the U.S. Constitution to possess "weapons of war," court documents showed.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit decided 10-4 that the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, a law in response to the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, by a gunman with an assault rifle, does not violate the right to bear arms within the Second Amendment.
"Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war," Judge Robert King wrote

---------
I assume, for the sake of consistency and honor, those same people also don't think the first applies to the internet and phones? You know, because they cant "extend it?"
Or maybe any religion developed after 1787, doesn't get the same rights as one developed pre-Constitution?

before you answer you should try reading heller... bveause that isn't what the holding is.
Yes

---------

It's actually unconstitutional....

no. it isn't. but thanks for your non-opinion, troll boy

---------

Yes

like i said, read heller. because even scalia, the windiest of the wingers ... said "reasonable regulation" is fine... it just can't be a total ban.

now be a good little boy and read the case. go learn something.

---------

Yes

like i said, read heller. because even scalia, the windiest of the wingers ... said "reasonable regulation" is fine... it just can't be a total ban.

I don't give a fuck. The second amendment is clear. You just can't understand because you are a LWNJ and can't read

Yea because the second was never clarified..
You slimy leftists are always raping words and intent. It's what you do; fuck shit up.

I'm sorry but I don't think you have the right to have an AK47 or a grenade launcher. Call me civilised.
Or a sheep. What are you gonna do something happens? I would guess you have a bulls eye tattooed on your ass, but most Americans are sheep pussies. At least I like to think that.

Or a sheep. What are you gonna do something happens? I would guess you have a bulls eye tattooed on your ass, but most Americans are sheep pussies. At least I like to think that.

What if an asteroid hits the planet? What if the flying spaghetti monster turns out to be real? What if, what if, what if....

images

So long as all law enforcement agencies and other civil agencies are complying by the same rules.

If the government wants to set rules then they need to comply and lead by example.

*****SMILE*****

:)

---------

No...that is not what the holding is....and guns are already regulated, more than most items that we have......the Heller ruling was that the 2nd amendment protects an individual right, that the D.C. hand gun ban was unconstitutional, and that the mandate for safety locks was unConstitutional.....and that weapons in "Common Use" are the weapons that Americans can own, carry and use for self defense.....the AR-15 and other magazine fed rifles are the most common types of rifles in both civilian and police hands......they are protected by the right to bear arms......

---------

Yes

And by reasonable he did not say that anti gunners can ban everything they want as long as they leave a few antique, useless weapons available.....

And he specifically mentioned as reasonable, not allowing felons and the dangerously mentally ill from having access....banning AR-15s was not reasonable as Heller points out in the Common Use provision.....

---------
Seems like our legislators merely need to come up with a fixed Standard for Arms, for the unorganized militia.
Like shall not infringe?
only the well regulated militia is necessary.

Sorry...that has no bearing.....it is an individual right.....not a group right...as the Supreme Court found in Heller v. District of Columbia...
Sanctuary cities are all that stands in the way of federal supremacy, for the Militia of the United States.

---------
Seems like our legislators merely need to come up with a fixed Standard for Arms, for the unorganized militia.
Like shall not infringe?
only the well regulated militia is necessary.
In addition to individual gun rights...
Natural rights are recognized and secured by State Constitutions and available via Due Process.

Forum List

Back