US Appeals court upholds Marylands unconstitutional ban on scary guns

I never understood how infringing the rights of law abiding people would help gun crime. Considering most gun CRIMES are done with illegal guns...
Even Newtown was done with an illegal gun. He had to kill to get it..

Background checks don't take gun rights away from law abiding citizens.

U.S. appeals court upholds Maryland's ban on assault rifles
A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld Maryland's ban on assault rifles, ruling gun owners are not protected under the U.S. Constitution to possess "weapons of war," court documents showed.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit decided 10-4 that the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, a law in response to the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, by a gunman with an assault rifle, does not violate the right to bear arms within the Second Amendment.
"Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war," Judge Robert King wrote

---------
Extend it? WTF is that supposed to mean?
I assume, for the sake of consistency and honor, those same people also don't think the first applies to the internet and phones? You know, because they cant "extend it?"
Or maybe any religion developed after 1787, doesn't get the same rights as one developed pre-Constitution?
IDK maybe that's not what it means :dunno:

lol, the Mormon polygamists don't get the same rights for their religion.
yeah, and muslims cant stone women for getting raped. You completely missed my point.

You're arguing that the 2nd Amendment strictly interpreted prohibits any restrictions on automatic weapons, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, bazookas, etc.

Arms that can be carried by an individual...rifles, pistols, knives, swords......and what is the problem with automatic weapons? They are no deadlier than a semi-auto rifle.....rocket launchers .....those are not the standard weapon of an infantry soldier,they are support weapons....

You're reading a lot into the 2nd amendment. Nothing about 'standard infantry' weapons in the 2nd amendment.

The right to keep and bear arms........bearing arms at the time of the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights included those weapons......support weapons were born on horse carriages.......

I never understood how infringing the rights of law abiding people would help gun crime. Considering most gun CRIMES are done with illegal guns...

Yes they do...they require a fee. And if a gun store doesn't want to do the background check...then what? Then you have to go to the police..who are already over burdened.....

Anything that requires a fee is Unconstitutional......you can't put a fee on the exercise of a Right...the democrats put a poll tax on the Right to vote to keep blacks from voting, and that was unConstitutional.......a fee for a background check is no different.

Yes they do...they require a fee. And if a gun store doesn't want to do the background check...then what? Then you have to go to the police..who are already over burdened.....

Anything that requires a fee is Unconstitutional......you can't put a fee on the exercise of a Right...the democrats put a poll tax on the Right to vote to keep blacks from voting, and that was unConstitutional.......a fee for a background check is no different.

So gun sales should be outlawed? Because they are charging a fee for the right to own a gun.

Goddam that's funny.

yeah, and muslims cant stone women for getting raped. You completely missed my point.

You're arguing that the 2nd Amendment strictly interpreted prohibits any restrictions on automatic weapons, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, bazookas, etc.

Arms that can be carried by an individual...rifles, pistols, knives, swords......and what is the problem with automatic weapons? They are no deadlier than a semi-auto rifle.....rocket launchers .....those are not the standard weapon of an infantry soldier,they are support weapons....

You're reading a lot into the 2nd amendment. Nothing about 'standard infantry' weapons in the 2nd amendment.

The right to keep and bear arms........bearing arms at the time of the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights included those weapons......support weapons were born on horse carriages.......

Okay so you're saying that the 2nd amendment should only apply to arms that were known at the time.

So gun sales should be outlawed? Because they are charging a fee for the right to own a gun.

Goddam that's funny.

Nope...they are an item created by another person.............putting a fee on buying that item is unConstitutional.....just like putting a fee on the Right ot vote is unConstitutional.

So you believe that voter ID should be provided to all at no cost to the individual.

Okay so you're saying that the 2nd amendment should only apply to arms that were known at the time.

No.....it applies to arms that can be carried by an individual.....rifles, pistols, swords, knives, spears.....larger weapons are support weapons.......

For the record....the decison stated people shouldn't have access to military weapons...

Flintlock rifles were military weapons.

Bolt action rifles were militray rifles.

Pump action shot guns were military weapons.

6 shot revolvers were military weapons.

So according to this ruling none of those weapons would be allowed to citizens, since military weapons are not protected by Heller....and they are wrong on that by the way...
:clap2:

So you believe that voter ID should be provided to all at no cost to the individual.

They already are...and yes....voter i.d. should be provided for free.......if you don't have another form of I.D. for driving...if you don't drive, you get a voter i.d. for free....

Goddam that's funny.

Nope...they are an item created by another person.............putting a fee on buying that item is unConstitutional.....just like putting a fee on the Right ot vote is unConstitutional.

My right to vote requires a 'background check' so to speak that isn't free.

MADD got unconstitutional measures put into effect. When enough voices decide to interpret things their way, that's what happens.

When another interpretation of the Constitution becomes popular enough, that will be how it is enforced. This can happen intelligently, or as a reaction to the kind of extremism seen in certain vociferous exponents of the most liberal kind of 2nd amendment interpretation.

Goddam that's funny.

Nope...it doesn't.

I do. Voter integrity is worth using tax dollars to make a 75 cent ID

U.S. appeals court upholds Maryland's ban on assault rifles
A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld Maryland's ban on assault rifles, ruling gun owners are not protected under the U.S. Constitution to possess "weapons of war," court documents showed.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit decided 10-4 that the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, a law in response to the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, by a gunman with an assault rifle, does not violate the right to bear arms within the Second Amendment.
"Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war," Judge Robert King wrote

---------
Extend it? WTF is that supposed to mean?
I assume, for the sake of consistency and honor, those same people also don't think the first applies to the internet and phones? You know, because they cant "extend it?"
Or maybe any religion developed after 1787, doesn't get the same rights as one developed pre-Constitution?
IDK maybe that's not what it means :dunno:

In which case any constitutional judge will then rule in favor of individual freedom as where an activist judge will not.

Goddam that's funny.

There is no direct fee for voting.....that is what the democrats did to keep blacks from voting...it was called a Poll Tax...if you couldn't pay, you couldn't vote...the same for a background check.....it could cost as much as several hundred dollars......or as little as ten.....but no matter how much, it is a fee to exercise a Right and it is unConstitutional....

Goddam that's funny.

They already are...and yes....voter i.d. should be provided for free.......if you don't have another form of I.D. for driving...if you don't drive, you get a voter i.d. for free....

The right to bear arms is the right to own an item.

Goddam that's funny.

The right to bear arms is the right to own an item.
Would that include chemical 'arms'?

Goddam that's funny.

There is no direct fee for voting.....that is what the democrats did to keep blacks from voting...it was called a Poll Tax...if you couldn't pay, you couldn't vote...the same for a background check.....it could cost as much as several hundred dollars......or as little as ten.....but no matter how much, it is a fee to exercise a Right and it is unConstitutional....

So you want felons to get guns. Interesting.

Goddam that's funny.
Sales taxes on 'arms'?

Forum List

Back