US Appeals court upholds Marylands unconstitutional ban on scary guns

Weapons of war? Is the appeals court retarded? AR15's are not being used in any war by any branch of our military.

Personally I don't own an AR15 "assault" rifle, I own an AR15 defense rifle. If some murderous home invader punks break into my house I'll use the same rifles and pistols law enforcement use to protect themselves from these punks.

Mine is an AR style hog gun, it has an inferred scope because those suckers show up at night. So maybe a better name for it is a utility rifle, they have many uses.

These gun control assholes LIE that's my big issue with them. They can't make their case without lying, or they have no case without lying maybe that's why the lie. There was one of those assholes on ABC claiming the Sandyhook shooter used a full auto rifle which was a blatant lie.

That's what an ends justify the means mentality gets you. They attempt to redefine terms and control the narrative, accuracy means nothing. The incitement of emotions is their primary weapon. Rational people that look at the facts are their worse enemy and they will treat them as such.

Here are the means, the ends have been overruled by The Congress:

Federal Law on Mental Health Reporting | Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

The American Civil Liberties Union disagrees with taking away the 2nd Amendment rights of people on Social Security.....

Weapons of war? Is the appeals court retarded? AR15's are not being used in any war by any branch of our military.

Personally I don't own an AR15 "assault" rifle, I own an AR15 defense rifle. If some murderous home invader punks break into my house I'll use the same rifles and pistols law enforcement use to protect themselves from these punks.

As I pointed out to that one poster...clayton....he always would say that legal Precedent protects our gun rights....and the 4th just demonstrated, again, that left wing judges do not give a flying rats ass about legal or historical Precedent....they make up whatever they want to justify whatever they want.....

There is no historical or legal Precedent which supports the 4th Circuit in their ruling...in fact....historic and Supreme Court decisions specifically say they are wrong....on all counts of their decision....

Heller v. District of Columbia

United States v. Miller

Caetano v. Massechuesettes...

All 3 are just 3 Supreme Court decisions that say they are wrong beside all the other Supreme court and historic Precedents that say they are wrong.....and they didn't care....

Does the 4th circuit have a history of liberal activist decisions like the 9th circuit? I mean the 4th's decision was just so over the top wrong and in conflict with the 2nd amendment I'm wondering WTF.

These gun control assholes LIE that's my big issue with them. They can't make their case without lying, or they have no case without lying maybe that's why the lie. There was one of those assholes on ABC claiming the Sandyhook shooter used a full auto rifle which was a blatant lie.

That's what an ends justify the means mentality gets you. They attempt to redefine terms and control the narrative, accuracy means nothing. The incitement of emotions is their primary weapon. Rational people that look at the facts are their worse enemy and they will treat them as such.

"WASHINGTON —The House of Representatives approved its first effort of the new Congress to roll back gun regulations, voting to overturn a rule that would bar gun ownership by some who have been deemed mentally impaired by the Social Security Administration.

"The House voted 235-180 largely along party lines Thursday to repeal an Obama-era rule requiring the Social Security Administration to send records of some beneficiaries to the federal firearms background check system after they’ve been deemed mentally incapable of managing their financial affairs."

After the shooting of Congress Women Gabby Giffords there was a call by the NRA that gun control was bad, but keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill was good.

Now, the NRA supports efforts to do what they claimed was appropriate, and once again members of the GOP Caucus in Congress put their job security before common sense.

It should have included the VA, bureaucrats are not judges and have no authority to remove anyones constitutional rights for any reason. If someone is truly mentally ill to the point they present a danger to others, take them to court and have them adjudicated as such. Why do you want to deny your fellow citizens due process?

Because the truly dangerous mentally ill are not obvious, as can be seen by the events of the last couple of decades.

The idiot who inspired this law was know to his mother and others to be wacko. She knew he had the combination to her gun safe, why didn't she change it? She and the public officials that ignored her pleas for help are responsible for New Town. Now you folks want to punish every law abiding citizen in the country for their mistakes, it doesn't work that way hero. This court ignored the "weapons in common use" standard established in Heller and they will be overturned.

And they ignored Miller and Caetano as well....so that is 3 Supreme Court decisions they completely ignored....and then came up with a brand new reason they could ban guns....

As I pointed out to that one poster...clayton....he always would say that legal Precedent protects our gun rights....and the 4th just demonstrated, again, that left wing judges do not give a flying rats ass about legal or historical Precedent....they make up whatever they want to justify whatever they want.....

There is no historical or legal Precedent which supports the 4th Circuit in their ruling...in fact....historic and Supreme Court decisions specifically say they are wrong....on all counts of their decision....

Heller v. District of Columbia

United States v. Miller

Caetano v. Massechuesettes...

All 3 are just 3 Supreme Court decisions that say they are wrong beside all the other Supreme court and historic Precedents that say they are wrong.....and they didn't care....

Does the 4th circuit have a history of liberal activist decisions like the 9th circuit? I mean the 4th's decision was just so over the top wrong and in conflict with the 2nd amendment I'm wondering WTF.

This is one of the courts that obama stacked with left wing judges.....as I have pointed out.....instead of risking democrat seats in congress with anti gun votes...he simply packed the Circuit courts with left wing activists....as has been pointed out by Dan Proft, a local radio host and political activist...the Circuit courts hear far more cases than the Supreme court which is why they are so important....

it should only come up, if you have to defend your rights in Court.

I believe inalienable rights were invented by gun lovers say they could keep their peashooters. Where did you get your definition from? Is it written into law somewhere? I like killing cats. It makes me happy. I do it privately and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and safe. I like beating up cripples. It makes me happy. I like this inalienable right thing....

It was explained first in the Declaration of Independence...and then....

It is called the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights in the Constitution of the United States dip shit....

U.S. appeals court upholds Maryland's ban on assault rifles
A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld Maryland's ban on assault rifles, ruling gun owners are not protected under the U.S. Constitution to possess "weapons of war," court documents showed.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit decided 10-4 that the Firearm Safety Act of 2013, a law in response to the massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, by a gunman with an assault rifle, does not violate the right to bear arms within the Second Amendment.
"Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war," Judge Robert King wrote

---------
Extend it? WTF is that supposed to mean?
I assume, for the sake of consistency and honor, those same people also don't think the first applies to the internet and phones? You know, because they cant "extend it?"
Or maybe any religion developed after 1787, doesn't get the same rights as one developed pre-Constitution?
IDK maybe that's not what it means :dunno:

/---- Rush pointed out today that this is how Hildabeast would have gutted the 2nd Amendment with her pick for the USSC. Basically any firearm ever used by the military would be banned. Thank God Trump won.

We still have to worry.......Republican appointed judges still have a horrible track record...look at Kennedy and Roberts....and if the Supreme Court goes the wrong way with bitch slapping the 4th circuit...the 2nd Amendment is gone....

"WASHINGTON —The House of Representatives approved its first effort of the new Congress to roll back gun regulations, voting to overturn a rule that would bar gun ownership by some who have been deemed mentally impaired by the Social Security Administration.

"The House voted 235-180 largely along party lines Thursday to repeal an Obama-era rule requiring the Social Security Administration to send records of some beneficiaries to the federal firearms background check system after they’ve been deemed mentally incapable of managing their financial affairs."

After the shooting of Congress Women Gabby Giffords there was a call by the NRA that gun control was bad, but keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill was good.

Now, the NRA supports efforts to do what they claimed was appropriate, and once again members of the GOP Caucus in Congress put their job security before common sense.

It should have included the VA, bureaucrats are not judges and have no authority to remove anyones constitutional rights for any reason. If someone is truly mentally ill to the point they present a danger to others, take them to court and have them adjudicated as such. Why do you want to deny your fellow citizens due process?

Because the truly dangerous mentally ill are not obvious, as can be seen by the events of the last couple of decades.

The idiot who inspired this law was know to his mother and others to be wacko. She knew he had the combination to her gun safe, why didn't she change it? She and the public officials that ignored her pleas for help are responsible for New Town. Now you folks want to punish every law abiding citizen in the country for their mistakes, it doesn't work that way hero. This court ignored the "weapons in common use" standard established in Heller and they will be overturned.

And they ignored Miller and Caetano as well....so that is 3 Supreme Court decisions they completely ignored....and then came up with a brand new reason they could ban guns....

We have to pressure congress to start impeaching judges that ignore the Constitution and precedent.

What is the attraction of an AR15 if it is no different from any other rifle of the same caliber?
I think probably just the magazine.

By the way, all "assault rifles" are modified so they can't be fired automatically before they are sold, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hardly anyone sells or owns assault rifles, which have a specific definition that gun grabbers conveniently forget.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Gun control advocates wanted to ban guns before New Town. That has always been their goal. They are not reacting to New Town they are exploiting New Town.

This dishonesty is why gun control advocates need to be defeated, not bargained with. You can't compromise with gun control advocates because they are liars. If you give an inch they will come right back at you for another inch and another. They have no interest in compromise.

Exactly....the 4th completely ignored the historic and legal Precedent around the 2nd Amendment and just made it up......there is no way to compromise with anti gunners...they are zealots.....

We have to fight for every single gun, bullet, magazine and piece of equipment...we do not give up one more item...ever...

What is the attraction of an AR15 if it is no different from any other rifle of the same caliber?

By the way, all "assault rifles" are modified so they can't be fired automatically before they are sold, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Despite claims to the contrary, the AR 15 is essentially a semi-auto M16, which has a selector to go from semi- to full. They take the same clip (magazine).

M-16s and AR-15s do not use clips. Your statement just outted you as an unreliable source.

You also forgot the M-4.

Last edited:
See how easy it is to turn a clip into a trigger? You guys are funas well as funny. Gun magazines are all you read.

a sniveling leftist tool said:
Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war

You have NO POWER TO DENY 2nd Amendment protection to ANY WEAPON carried by an individual.

Only well regulated militia enjoy that literal protection due to their being Necessary.

Yeah....that is old...considering how many times you have been shown to be wrong.....and by the Supreme Court no less...

a sniveling leftist tool said:
Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protection to the weapons of war

You have NO POWER TO DENY 2nd Amendment protection to ANY WEAPON carried by an individual.

Only well regulated militia enjoy that literal protection due to their being Necessary.
Your safe space has made you delusional…

Only well regulated militia may not be Infringed; it is in our Second Amendment.

Hardly anyone sells or owns assault rifles, which have a specific definition that gun grabbers conveniently forget.
from a practical perspective; full auto would simply use up a lot of ammunition. do gun lovers, also stockpile ammo making supplies, in case of any "zombie apocalypse?

from a practical perspective; full auto would simply use up a lot of ammunition. do gun lovers, also stockpile ammo making supplies, in case of any "zombie apocalypse?
What people do with their firearms and ammo is none of your fucking business… That's the problem with you progressives do you want to control everyone that you disagree with. People kill people not firearms. Progressivism is the most common disease in DC.

The comments by those who shit their pants and whine ad nausea about their right to own guns, is odd, funny, remarkable and obsessive. The slightest comment, court decision or law creates an emotional outburst like no other wedge issue can or has.

It is remarkable that those so obsessed with their guns, are the ones who also scapegoat Muslims, the LGBT, Immigrants, minorities, and ideas/policy which conflicts with their dogmatic ideology - usually the expansion of rights for these and others which they lobby/vote against.

What's funny, and obsessive (neurotic, at best) are the series of posts by the same oddballs who reject honest debate with malice and consider their 2nd A. Rights unalienable, but other rights are easily voted away (Prop. 8 the so claimed defense of marriage) or invoked by suppressing the vote of those they fear (noted in paragraph 2); matters which do not kill other human beings, guns do and that is not funny.

Forum List

Back