UPI poll finds 79% support for Obama

Or the former two guys in charge I should say..

What you SHOULD say is you don't know a damned thing about politics and should stay in the general discussion forum. You may try to hide behind being polite, but being polite is no excuse for being purposefully blind and dumb.

I voted for Obama, and I think many rightwingers haven't given him enough time.

But that said, this poll doesn't mean anything to me.

After 911, Bush had a huge approval rating because he immediately went after the buttheads who attacked and who planned the attack against us.

Then the dummy and his followers dropped the ball, let the bad guys get away to regroup, and attacked the wrong country.

Doh!

i am actually disapointed that obama has had to alter his campaign stated posistion on several things.....you knew it was going to happen but it is anoying voting for change and then getteing status quo....

side note.....which country should have been attacked after 911.....

which country sheltered al quaeda?

This just enforces my rule: Polls are all bullshit.

When Bush was in office people used polls that showed all sorts of results, and they only acknowledged the polls they liked ...

... now, same story different person.

Here's a bit of fact: Polls are easily manipulated and do not tell the whole story. You can agree with some things a president does and disagree with others, a simple "yes/no" result does not really give a clear picture, it's just political pandering.

I disagree. Some are very scientific, you just can't get caught up in cherry picking polls to suit your own agenda.

They usually always post detailed analysis with their numbers and they are consistently reliable. Responsible pollsters don't want exaggerate their findings, why would they? It is very easy to research them and decide whether or not they are accurate.

Sorry kiddo but that's like saying that the New York Times wouldn't bias a story because someone else could prove them wrong. How many NYT reporters have been caught plagairizing? How many have been booted for manufacturing stories? How badly is their readership falling off?
And they just keep on doing it.
They don't care about the truth, just their agenda.
It's the same with the pollsters. They try to bias coverage by fudging the polls early on to get centrist republicans and leftist democrats to win primaries.
This leaves conservatives out in the cold.

I'm tired of that excuse. Really. The comment isn't silly at all. He took office Jan 18th and every day counts.

When are you blind followers going to actually try accounting for the President you put in office instead of trying to brush arguments off with "Don't you think that comment is a little silly?"

You've been deflecting, making excuses, and/or otherwise ignoring his behavior since the Dem primaries began.

the right's credibility was dented when it went him the first week in office, which proved to most of us that they would go him no matter what he did. people only want obama to be accountable for something that he has done wrong. Most of us don't think he has done anything wrong yet (well nothing major - the gaff about special needs wasnt one of his better moments)...

Why would somebody need to make excuses when they agree with what he is doing. and no, it is not ignoring his behaviour, it is agreeing with what he is doing..

bolding added by theunbubba

Ok, so you just gave yourself away as a foreign propagandist. Probably paid. Your poor syntax and failure to use words in certain phrases is a dead giveaway.

Obama is learning the hard way.
Presidency 101:

Get into office
Get eyes opened very wide very quickly
Backtrack as fast as you can
Learn that you have to make a decision to kill somebody within the first weeks.

Has anyone noticed that Obama looks like he's had the air let out of him lately?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
yes....polls are ALWAYS accurate

Not THIS argument again.... :doubt:

Dude - the polls proved to be right last year. Obama won just like they said they would. Just because YOU don't like Obama, doesn't mean the polls are wrong.

not this "this argument again" response....i have a broken record, do you want to buy it?

i noticed you cut out the rest of my post....why?

i see......so when the polls allegedly said gore would win......and then bush won......doesn't mean those polls are right just because you don't like bush

The polls within the last week of the election in 2000 were near dead even.

The election was a tie.

The polls within the last week of last year's election showed Obama winning by 6-8 points.

Obama won by 7.2 points.

Thank you for proving me right............yet again.

54% is just about the amount that elected him, thus the people that voted for him still believe in him.

He has not been what he said he would be and people have noticed.

The disaproval number keeps rising.

His big foreign policy test is here, Pakistan is about to go under to teh Taliban, what will BO do?

His big foreign policy test is here, Pakistan is about to go under to teh Taliban, what will BO do?
thats the thing
he's had it fairly easy so far
and messed up a bunch
Pakitstan falling to the taliban would not go over well

It's one to hang on the dems, they were hot and bothered to get rid of the 'dictator' Musharraf, pressuring Chimptoid to be rid of him.

Aern't you Glad Nancy and Harry, that you got what you wanted?

Assholes.

thats the thing
and messed up a bunch

I think it's painfully obvious at this point, hussein is a one term President. That is if something more draconian doesn't happen in the next 265 days. There's always impeachment.

In an April 24th poll, the UPI reports that 56% of Americans give President Obama a "positive" rating, 23% give him an "OK". Only 21% of Americans give Obama a negative or poor rating.

That's stellar.

Are you in the near 80% or do you find yourself among the extremist minority who rates the president poorly?

Poll finds strong public support for Obama - UPI.com

I don't think I would refer to a 56% rating as being "stellar" since just a few weeks ago he was in the 70% range. It shows a direction--& his popularity--& right track-wrong track is moving against him.

A few more weeks--& he may be under the 50% mark which is not good for a new President.

thats the thing
and messed up a bunch

I think it's painfully obvious at this point, hussein is a one term President. That is if something more draconian doesn't happen in the next 265 days. There's always impeachment.
so far, he hasnt done anything impeachable

You have to clean out Congress and the senate if you seriously wanted to impeach BO.

2010 is not too far off--we'll have to hang in there, & hope that he doesn't do too much more damage before that.

Personally, I don't think Obama has a snow balls chance in hell of winning a 2nd term. He would have to make some drastic changes to his policy & kick Nancy Pelosi, moveon.org & the ACLU to the curb, & I really don't think he has the character to do that.

After all here's a guy who couldn't distance himself from an American hating pastor for 20 years, until his political career was on the cliff.

You have to clean out Congress and the senate if you seriously wanted to impeach BO.

2010 is not too far off--we'll have to hang in there, & hope that he doesn't do too much more damage before that.

Personally, I don't think Obama has a snow balls chance in hell of winning a 2nd term. He would have to make some drastic changes to his policy & kick Nancy Pelosi, moveon.org & the ACLU to the curb, & I really don't think he has the character to do that.

After all here's a guy who couldn't distance himself from an American hating pastor for 20 years, until his political career was on the cliff.

I think he's a grifter, a con man, an empty suit.... a community organizer. He's where he is because of the ire people felt against the republican party for acting like democrats, and the repubs still haven't seemed to really get that through their skulls. Well... I think the time is at hand for a third party to emerge victorious.

Yes, hussein is history. His legacy will be the guy who broke America.

Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Move on dot. org, George Sorros, and the many left thinkers in this country, over and over again and with Acorn you don't know how many times someone gets to vote. Maybe several thousand times. :lol:

Right on he can't even stand up to the left in his party, let alone the Europeans, The Castro brothers, Chavez, Iran, North Korea and the list goes on. This rock star is definitely weak in the knees.

Forum List

Back