UPI poll finds 79% support for Obama

Uh, no. GWB's approval ratings were much higher than Obama's during the first few years of his presidency. This is significant because Obama represented the new hope for America and yet his approval numbers are plummeting. If the GOP can find a good candidate in 2012, they should be a shoe-in.

US politicyans play you folk like a fiddle. Bush only had high approval ratings because of 9-11...

Uh, no. Here's the data:

Presidential Approval Ratings from 1945-2008

Huh? your poll proves my point. he was in fee fall after 9-11. thanks for posting it...

In 2001, Bush job approval ratings were very high for awhile. He was in the low 30s from 2005 to 2008 though. He left office in the 25 to 30% range.

Obama will probably never get that low in approval numbers because he has too many blind followers. But if his numbers keep following, there is no way he can win in 2012, unless of course the GOP decides to run another unelectable politician.

Ok. How you think you can know that at this point is beyond me. <shrug>

History is my guide. When you introduce policies that have been tried in the past and failed, it's easy to see what will happen.

:lol: That's one thing YOU believe, others think we are finally getting it right.

Only the blind-faith sheep think they got it right. I haven't seen him do anything but politically polarize this nation even further.

It's been a hundred days.. don't you think that comment is just a little silly?

I'm tired of that excuse. Really. The comment isn't silly at all. He took office Jan 18th and every day counts.

When are you blind followers going to actually try accounting for the President you put in office instead of trying to brush arguments off with "Don't you think that comment is a little silly?"

You've been deflecting, making excuses, and/or otherwise ignoring his behavior since the Dem primaries began.

Pew Research gets good approval all around too.

Overview: Obama at 100 Days: Strong Job Approval, Even Higher Personal Ratings

You have to dig hard to find a partisan enough poll to dispute the numbers.

Desperate times for the partisan hacks......desperate times.

You missed my point because you can't see past those blinders. Polls are worthless. I'm certainly not going to go find one to dispute the crap you've presented.

80% of this country is not leftwingnuts no matter how many times you click your heels together, Dorothy.

Only the blind-faith sheep think they got it right. I haven't seen him do anything but politically polarize this nation even further.

Well, if you call shaking out the rabid wingnuts "polarizing". Fact is, more people are on board with our direction now than in quite a while. You're just sore cause you're hung out with the fringe.

Fact is, your fact is nothing more than you projecting.

The fact that you think I am on the "fringe" only proves YOU are because I'm not even close. I could be a Democrat and still be the right of you.

I'm tired of that excuse. Really. The comment isn't silly at all. He took office Jan 18th and every day counts.

When are you blind followers going to actually try accounting for the President you put in office instead of trying to brush arguments off with "Don't you think that comment is a little silly?"

You've been deflecting, making excuses, and/or otherwise ignoring his behavior since the Dem primaries began.

the right's credibility was dented when it went him the first week in office, which proved to most of us that they would go him no matter what he did. people only want obama to be accountable for something that he has done wrong. Most of us don't think he has done anything wrong yet (well nothing major - the gaff about special needs wasnt one of his better moments)...

Why would somebody need to make excuses when they agree with what he is doing. and no, it is not ignoring his behaviour, it is agreeing with what he is doing..

Huh? your poll proves my point. he was in fee fall after 9-11. thanks for posting it...

Uh, no. You said Bush only had high approval ratings because of 9-11. Now you're saying 9-11 caused a free fall. Rough week?

If you look at his highest rating it was around 911 (although, to be fair, your graph is very small - you can't even tell month to month). Nope, never mentioned what caused the free fall, just that it happened after 9-1. good week. You?

the right's credibility was dented when it went him the first week in office, which proved to most of us that they would go him no matter what he did. people only want obama to be accountable for something that he has done wrong. Most of us don't think he has done anything wrong yet (well nothing major - the gaff about special needs wasnt one of his better moments)...

Why would somebody need to make excuses when they agree with what he is doing. and no, it is not ignoring his behaviour, it is agreeing with what he is doing..

pumping money into the corporate america's pockets.....

pumping money into the special interest groups.....

sending troops to war....

Uh, no. You said Bush only had high approval ratings because of 9-11. Now you're saying 9-11 caused a free fall. Rough week?

If you look at his highest rating it was around 911 (although, to be fair, your graph is very small - you can't even tell month to month). Nope, never mentioned what caused the free fall, just that it happened after 9-1. good week. You?

:lol: Here's your quote: "he was in fee fall after 9-11."

The graph isn't small at all. Just click on George W. Bush. It's easy to see.

Amazing spin. I guess after a while, it just because part of your personality.

This might help you:

How to Read a Graph

the troops arument is a weak one - he wasn't responsible for it.

As for corporate america, that's a very myopic take on what he did and why he did it. if he hadn't got rid of hte bad debt, what would have happened?

The credibility went nowhere with anyone but the left. Your statement is a generalization that isn't supported by anything but rhetoric.

You are incorrect. Perhaps you misread, but I will clarify. One, the left DID and DOES ignore his behavior. Two, my statement was in the context of the left ignoring his behavior being questioned.

It all played out right here on this board and I was just as here as you were. it appears I just have a better memory. Or perhaps just not a convenient one.

As for corporate america, that's a very myopic take on what he did and why he did it. if he hadn't got rid of hte bad debt, what would have happened?

It's not a weak argument at all. One, he clearly stated he would bring our troops home during his campaigning. What he has done however, is just redeploy them to Afghanistan. Last I checked, Afghanistan was not home to the vast majority of Americans.

And "he wasn't responsible for it" is an excuse. He IS responsible for it.

he didn't get rid of bad debt. He increased it. It doesn't matter which hand you use and/or which pocket you remove it from, fact is, the money still comes from my pocket.

He doesn't need anyone making excuses for his decisions. It's a refreshing change knowing that the guy in charge really is making the decisions.

Now if we can get the former guy in charge to just shut up and go away..

he is the one that send 20,000 more to afganistan.....he could have chosen to end it....

tarp was bush's not obama's......i speaking of the union part of corporate america that he threw 700 billion at.....

what would have happened....corporate evolution would have happened......the strong would have eaten the weak.....

he is the one that send 20,000 more to afganistan.....he could have chosen to end it....

tarp was bush's not obama's......i speaking of the union part of corporate america that he threw 700 billion at.....

what would have happened....corporate evolution would have happened......the strong would have eaten the weak.....

Well at least he is sending thme to the right country. that aside, from memory, the righties were calling him a coward to cutting and running. now he should have brought them home? talk about flip flop.

Maybe the strong would have eaten the weak..but at what cost...

He doesn't need anyone making excuses for his decisions. It's a refreshing change knowing that the guy in charge really is making the decisions.

Now if we can get the former guy in charge to just shut up and go away..

Who are you trying to kid? Your guy that supposedly is making the decisions is the one who won't let the "former guy" go away because he keeps deflecting his responsibilities onto him.

How much of a double standard can you tolerate from yourself? Like I said, you're a sheep.

Forum List

Back