UPI poll finds 79% support for Obama

Right on he can't even stand up to the left in his party, let alone the Europeans, The Castro brothers, Chavez, Iran, North Korea and the list goes on. This rock star is definitely weak in the knees.

He's not a rock star either. He's just a guy. A guy who talked a good line of shit during a campaign, and now he's in WAAAAAAY over his head, and who pays for it? Yup.... we do.

In an April 24th poll, the UPI reports that 56% of Americans give President Obama a "positive" rating, 23% give him an "OK". Only 21% of Americans give Obama a negative or poor rating.

That's stellar.

Are you in the near 80% or do you find yourself among the extremist minority who rates the president poorly?

Poll finds strong public support for Obama - UPI.com

79 percent approve of Obama. then you woke up.

Sorry kiddo but that's like saying that the New York Times wouldn't bias a story because someone else could prove them wrong. How many NYT reporters have been caught plagairizing? How many have been booted for manufacturing stories? How badly is their readership falling off?
And they just keep on doing it.
They don't care about the truth, just their agenda.
It's the same with the pollsters. They try to bias coverage by fudging the polls early on to get centrist republicans and leftist democrats to win primaries.
This leaves conservatives out in the cold.

And you say I have bad syntax...pffftttt:cool:

He's not a rock star either. He's just a guy. A guy who talked a good line of shit during a campaign, and now he's in WAAAAAAY over his head, and who pays for it? Yup.... we do.

in all seriousness? If the Chimp can survive 8 years, Obama will do it easily. Having said that, I wanted McCain to win - said this on a couple occasions before the election. Not because I am a friend of the right, but because I didn't want Obama to be blamed for the mess Bush caused. One week into his term I was proved right. you righties are so transparent...

The disaproval number keeps rising.

His big foreign policy test is here, Pakistan is about to go under to teh Taliban, what will BO do?

parts of Pakistan are already under Taliban-like control. Have been for centuries....
Please don't try your nonsense on me.

There was no Shria law running pakistan at any time until fairly recently, the man who fought for an independant pakistan was a playboy and agnostic.

If you are going to claim the so-called 'tribal areas' have always been near the capital of islamabad i will laugh in your face.

The Taliban was created by Pakistani intelligence in the 1990s to undermine the various factions that existed after the Communist withdrawl from Afghanistan.

]Please don't try your nonsense on me.

There was no Shria law running pakistan at any time until fairly recently, the man who fought for an independant pakistan was a playboy and agnostic.

If you are going to claim the so-called 'tribal areas' have always been near the capital of islamabad i will laugh in your face.

The Taliban was created by Pakistani intelligence in the 1990s to undermine the various factions that existed after the Communist withdrawl from Afghanistan.

No nonsense here!

Anybody with even an inkling of how the country works will know that thePakistani govt has ALWAYS had a deal withe Pushtan and other tribal areas that the govt controls the cities and roads and the tribes control their spheres of influence. I have known this since...oh, about 1975. You? Oh, and guess what...those tribal areas? Have always had Islamic law....even before Pakistan was Pakistan.

So since 1990 they have had a name called the Taliban. Well wooptee do! Welcome to the real world Xeno..and where have your been...the Taliban were created well before the 1990s...get with the programme brother...

Last edited:
]Please don't try your nonsense on me.

No nonsense here!

Anybody with even an inkling of how the country works will know that thePakistani govt has ALWAYS had a deal withe Pushtan and other tribal areas that the govt controls the cities and roads and the tribes control their spheres of influence. I have known this since...oh, about 1975. You? Oh, and guess what...those tribal areas? Have always had Islamic law....even before Pakistan was Pakistan.

So since 1990 they have had a name called the Taliban. Well wooptee do! Welcome to the real world Xeno..and where have your been...the Taliban were created well before the 1990s...get with the programme brother...
really???
got anything to back that claim up?

No nonsense here!

Completly wrong.

They had no such deal, pakistan was a MODERN state, not a left over colony, they had no such 'deal' in 1975, the rise of Islamic extremists in pakisatn has occured only over the last 15 years, not the last 30.

The so called 'tribal area' is a federally administered tribal area (FATA for short) that has never until recently defied Islamabad's directives.

Wrong again, but at least you are consistant.

They did not 'exist' before then, the group was formed by Mullah omar and funded by Pakistani Intelligence with the purpose of weakening the warlords and the Northen Alliance's hold on Northern Afghanistan. The Taliban was welcomed at first as they supressed the warlords and ended the banidtry, but before long the more sinister aspects surfaced, that they followed a form of whabbist Sunni faith, and considered Shia to be infidels.

Pakistan is 80% Sunni and 20% shia meaning that the Taliban consider one 5th of the popualtion heratics who must be killed.

They were not intended to operate inside Pakistan at all.

Very insightful commentary from David Paul Kuhn, who cuts through the media induced hype of Obama's initial 100 day mark, clearly showing how Obama's popularity ranks him average, while his ultra polarizing nature threatens his longer- term political viability.

"Obama's standing is as remarkable as it is distant from the grand expectations that greeted him...the historically paltry support from his political opposition keeps Obama well short of the more popular presidents of less partisan eras."

RealClearPolitics - Obama Nears 100: Average Approval & Ultra-Polarizing

But he's getting as much through in short order as possible, most of which cannot be pulled back. The additional TARP money and they are spending it and not taking any back they can possibly avoid. They got the stimulus package-which people DO NOT like-see the 'great AP poll' where 48% is looked upon as 'great numbers.' 80% in the same poll think the 'future generation' will be in worse shape than we are now.

Now they are trying to get the 'national health care' passed by Wednesday-this week, to be rejoiced upon in the evening news conference of his 100th day.

This is dangerous policy that seems will be given another month or two to ride out.

in all seriousness? If the Chimp can survive 8 years, Obama will do it easily. Having said that, I wanted McCain to win - said this on a couple occasions before the election. Not because I am a friend of the right, but because I didn't want Obama to be blamed for the mess Bush caused. One week into his term I was proved right. you righties are so transparent...

Sorry bud. Oblahma has taken a bad situation and made it worse.... MUCH worse. Everyone knows that. Your "I love obama no matter what" spin just doesn't cut it anymore. You'll have to do better than that now. And blaming bush for the economy now is just lame.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back