UPI poll finds 79% support for Obama

Completly wrong.

They had no such deal, pakistan was a MODERN state, not a left over colony, they had no such 'deal' in 1975, the rise of Islamic extremists in pakisatn has occured only over the last 15 years, not the last 30.

The so called 'tribal area' is a federally administered tribal area (FATA for short) that has never until recently defied Islamabad's directives.
Wrong again, but at least you are consistant.

They did not 'exist' before then, the group was formed by Mullah omar and funded by Pakistani Intelligence with the purpose of weakening the warlords and the Northen Alliance's hold on Northern Afghanistan. The Taliban was welcomed at first as they supressed the warlords and ended the banidtry, but before long the more sinister aspects surfaced, that they followed a form of whabbist Sunni faith, and considered Shia to be infidels.

Pakistan is 80% Sunni and 20% shia meaning that the Taliban consider one 5th of the popualtion heratics who must be killed.

They were not intended to operate inside Pakistan at all.

I said I have known this since 1975, it has been happening a lot longer than that. Of course it is NOT a formal agreement, and they are tribal areas, not area. I think you should bone up on the country before talking about it. The country is part of the Commonwealth, as are we, we have stuided the country a lot longer than you have and it's history. Like most Yanks you probably didn't even know it existed until Musharef and the Taliban came on your radar.

The only thing I'll give you is that the fundies are looking to take over the govt, but that will never happen - at least in the cities, with the exception of maybe Karachi.

As for the Taliban, they were around before 1990, but not called the Taliban.

Thing is you Yanks like to nicely compartmentalise things, like believing AQ is this very organised group of ijits, when in fact it's just a random group of ijits who believe in the same thing....

yes....polls are ALWAYS accurate

Not THIS argument again.... :doubt:

Dude - the polls proved to be right last year. Obama won just like they said they would. Just because YOU don't like Obama, doesn't mean the polls are wrong.

Dude... that's a great point. Except the polls had Hussein up 15%, and he won by around 7%... meaning the margin of error was >50%... which means the polls were wrong.

Thing is you Yanks like to nicely compartmentalise things, like believing AQ is this very organised group of ijits, when in fact it's just a random group of ijits who believe in the same thing....

False... AQ is belived by Americans to be a management group... which seeks to utilize the worlwide assets of Islam against the enemy of Islam, which is the non-Islamic world.

Thus where there is Islam, there is AQ or the potential for AQ, thus the US GWOT.

After his latest bungle with the TOP SECRET documents on interogation techniques that he released against the advise of 4 former CIA directors and his own current director those poll numbers are going to change and change dramatically they will. I can assure you they won't be moving in an upward direction.

Americans as a whole, Democrats, Republicans and Independents want security, right now the economy is number one on their minds but security is running a close 2nd. They will view this release as a violation of his number one obligation to the citizens of this country and that's to the security of it and it's citizens.

How far down they will go, is not known. However, now with the threat of an independent council investigating the Bush administration's interogation techniques and having everything come out and everyone on the stand, including what Nancy Pelosi knew it could be down right ugly for him and his administration. This won't be forgotten and it's too late to put those worms back in the can.

This will devastate his presidency. He will lose all credibility as a leader because he caved to the extreme left of his party and opened Pandora's box.

Do you all feel safer now??? I sure don't. :doubt:

After his latest bungle with the TOP SECRET documents on interogation techniques that he released against the advise of 4 former CIA directors and his own current director those poll numbers are going to change and change dramatically they will. I can assure you they won't be moving in an upward direction.

Americans as a whole, Democrats, Republicans and Independents want security, right now the economy is number one on their minds but security is running a close 2nd. They will view this release as a violation of his number one obligation to the citizens of this country and that's to the security of it and it's citizens.

How far down they will go, is not known. However, now with the threat of an independent council investigating the Bush administration's interogation techniques and having everything come out and everyone on the stand, including what Nancy Pelosi knew it could be down right ugly for him and his administration. This won't be forgotten and it's too late to put those worms back in the can.

This will devastate his presidency. He will lose all credibility as a leader because he caved to the extreme left of his party and opened Pandora's box.

Do you all feel safer now??? I sure don't. :doubt:

Polls are inherently flawed and can easily be manipulated, so easy in fact they did a study and found that 90% of all polls are wrong ... so doing a new poll won't help at all, they'll just keep altering the results to get the story they want.

yes....polls are ALWAYS accurate

Dude - the polls proved to be right last year. Obama won just like they said they would. Just because YOU don't like Obama, doesn't mean the polls are wrong.

Dude... that's a great point. Except the polls had Hussein up 15%, and he won by around 7%... meaning the margin of error was >50%... which means the polls were wrong.

I'm sure the outliers had Obama up 15% just like the ones in the other direction had it at dead even. That's why they are ouliers and why your post is a bunch of crap.

RCP, which was the primarily used poll resource used here during the election, was spot in their projections.

538.com was so accurate it was creepy.

I'm sure the outliers had Obama up 15% just like the ones in the other direction had it at dead even. That's why they are ouliers and why your post is a bunch of crap.

RCP, which was the primarily used poll resource used here during the election, was spot in their projections.

I love the 538.com guy. He's great.

He didn't do as well with the Oscars, however.

Yeah, Nate Silver is a genius when it comes to statistics. I didn't know that he tried to predict the Oscars. I can't imagine he had anything remotely concrete to base it on.

Yeah, Nate Silver is a genius when it comes to statistics. I didn't know that he tried to predict the Oscars. I can't imagine he had anything remotely concrete to base it on.

You'd be amazed. He was pretty good on some of his picks, but he missed the best supporting actor ones.

Nonsense compressed to save space
Just admit you don't know what you are talking about and move on, it would make things easier for you.

Or would you care for me to post more on Pakistan History, while you continue to post the crazy ideas that pop into your head.

The first step in understanding is admitting you didn't know what the situation was, not claiming 'well, I know I'm right because they always seemed like that to me' is wasting my time.

I can't beleive how stupid he could be to release TOP SECRET information on the interogation techniques against the advise of 4 former CIA directors and his current one at this time during his presidency. He very well could have turned himself into a lame duck for the next 3 years. How stupid!!!

This could derail any agenda he has because of the in fighting that is bound to occur over this, he looks weak and a weak President can't get the support he needs. His own party will want to distance themselves from him and not support his agenda. The guy just keeps stepping in his own stuff.

One third of Americans believe in ghosts

By Lester Haines • Get more from this author

Posted in Bootnotes, 14th July 2005 14:15 GMT

A Gallup poll has revealed that 32 per cent of all adult Americans believe in ghosts. Nineteen per cent aren't so sure, while a level-headed 48 per cent dismissed the idea outright.

One third of Americans believe in ghosts • The Register
Wednesday nights... SciFi Channel... Ghost Hunters... wouldn't miss it.

This Wednesday is going to be the season finale. Ought to be really good.

I believe in ghosts more than I believe in oblahma.

Last edited:
One third of Americans believe in ghosts

By Lester Haines • Get more from this author

Posted in Bootnotes, 14th July 2005 14:15 GMT

A Gallup poll has revealed that 32 per cent of all adult Americans believe in ghosts. Nineteen per cent aren't so sure, while a level-headed 48 per cent dismissed the idea outright.

One third of Americans believe in ghosts • The Register
Wednesday nights... SciFi Channel... Ghost Hunters... wouldn't miss it.

This Wednesday is going to be the season finale. Ought to be really good.

I believe in ghosts more than I believe in oblahma.

Yeah...I never miss Ghost Hunters. There is some strange stuff out there, that can't be explained away.

ROFLMNAO... yeah... that's right. Of course someone HAD to get it right... at least in hind sight, given that the polls were everywhere.

I've never even HEARD of 538.com, but I only spend 18 hours a day, 7 days a week on this crap; but it doesn't surprise me that they got it right...

I get the pool right at LEAST twice a season... and every 4th or 5th superbowl I AM KING!

ROFLMNAO... yeah... that's right. Of course someone HAD to get it right... at least in hind sight, given that the polls were everywhere.

I've never even HEARD of 538.com, but I only spend 18 hours a day, 7 days a week on this crap; but it doesn't surprise me that they got it right...

I get the pool right at LEAST twice a season... and every 4th or 5th superbowl I AM KING!

Neither site we individual polling sites. RCP took the average of all the major polls to come up with their projection and Nate Silver at 538 used his sabermetrics expertise to create his own projection system.

I highly doubt you spend 18 hours a day, 7 day a week working with statistical analysis of polling data and can somehow claim not already be privy to this information.

I suspect you are full of it ... as usual.

You never heard of 538.com.

Where have you been?

Neither site we individual polling sites. RCP took the average of all the major polls to come up with their projection and Nate Silver at 538 used his sabermetrics expertise to create his own projection system.

I highly doubt you spend 18 hours a day, 7 day a week working with statistical analysis of polling data and can somehow claim not already be privy to this information.

I suspect you are full of it ... as usual.

Well all that serves reason...

First I never claimed to spend 18 hows a day working stat analysis, that's a projection you sought to apply and what idiots suspect isn't really worth the bother, now is it?

Fact is, anyone's stats can be right at any time... the trick is getting it right at the right time and if this obscure statician did so... Bully for them. Bottom line is the polls were for the most part wrong on the election as they usually are; and the reason is that MOST media polling is designed to DRIVE public opinion, not sample it.

Forum List

Back