Unqualfied white man admitted into Harvard over more qualfied blacks

Obama was pathetic. America lost all of its leadership and influence under Obama. Look at Syria and his inaction there. And he got the Nobel prize within weeks of becoming president. What a joke. That's not to say Trump will do better. Time will tell.
Ha! With Trump we're losing our leadership and influence. Are you kidding?
Well I'm German and I can only speak as an outsider :biggrin:
Having said that, Trump is unpredictable and scary, Obama was weak and super left. Pick your poison.
He wasn't super left. Saying that tells me you're super right.

I'll take left

So explain why if Barry has no control over job creation you chose having 80 months of job growth (tepid as was...) as his biggest accomplishment? I'm amused that you don't see that you've basically proven that Obama really didn't have any great success with the economy. What he oversaw was the worst recovery from a recession since FDR's progressive policies extended a recession into The Great Depression!
Where did you see me post I thought Job creation was Obama's biggest accomplishment? His biggest accomplishment was the PPACA. Getting facts straight sure isn't one of your big accomplishments.

Now that i have shown how flawed your reasoning is, let's move on to your next. groundless grievance. We've never had a recession of the magnitude that Obama faced when he came into office except the Great Depression. Obama withstood a test equaled only by the civil war and the Great Depression., I'm glad he was President instead of trump when that happened. No one cares about your trivial recovery statistics. All we care about is that economy recovered, people got jobs and the economy is thriving again... not because of trump but because of Obama.

We've had many recessions in the past that were just as bad if not worse than the recession that Obama inherited, JQ! You need to study some American economic history!
Name one worse since the Great
Depression.

The Panic of 1907 and the Panic of 1873 were both just as bad as the recession that Barry inherited, JQ! Since you bring up The Great Recession it's interesting to note that the two bad recessions that were addressed using the Progressive fiscal policies by FDR and Barack Obama led to the two worst recoveries from a recession in the history of the US.
I asked to you to name a recession after the great depression that was worse than the one Obama faced. Still waiting.

Where did I ever say there was a recession after The Great Depression that was worse than this last one? What I said...and what you're now doing your best to ignore because obviously you don't want to admit they happened...is that we've had other recessions that were worse than what Obama had to deal with. My point is that the two worst recoveries from bad recessions were both led by Progressive "icons" using Keynesian stimulus policies.

So Obama's biggest accomplishment was the Affordable Care Act? Here's the big problem with that narrative, JQ...the ACA was set up to fail and sold to the American people by lying to them about what it would do and what it would cost. If THAT is Barry's biggest accomplishment...then it says volumes about how bad of a President he really was.
Obama is no longer president and the PPACA is still in place and stands strong in the face of a government dominated entirely by Republicans.... Despite lies and promises by the Republicans to repeal and replace, THE PPACA is holding its own because people like it; and, more importantly, they need it. I expect Obamacare to morph into single-payer. That's the thing that is needed and that's the only thing that's going to work. But in either case, Obama's legacy will live on.

The Affordable Care Act is "standing strong"? It's actually imploding, JQ and needs to be completely overhauled. Of course Obamacare is going to "morph" into single payer...it's what Obama, Pelosi and Reid planned all along! Let's be honest here...you're giving Barack Obama "credit" for lying to the American people. That will be his legacy when the ACA is examined by historians. He's the President who couldn't get single payer passed but instead set up a healthcare system so flawed...one that gave so much free stuff away to so many people...that it was political suicide to do away with it.
I find it laughable that you right wing Trump-bots can, with a straight face, use the word "lie" with such conviction when attacking Obama while ignoring the whoppers Trump unabashedly delivers on a daily basis. And Trump, the liar-in-chief, is echoing the GOP sentiment that Obamacare is going to implode. If it does, the Republicans own it. They have all the power to fix it, not the Democrats. And once again, a single-payer plan is likely the only viable option they may have.

Obama told numerous lies about legislation that affects 1/6th of our economy and repeated those lies over and over again.

So let me see if I understand how this works in "JQ World"? You liberals set up a healthcare system that's designed to fail...pushing it through even though the American people let you know through their votes that they weren't in favor of it...and now that it IS failing...it belongs to the Republicans? How do you figure that? You expect the GOP to "fix" the ACA...when the truth is...it can't be fixed. Its was designed by you liberals to fail. You designed it...you passed it...you lied about it...NOW YOU OWN IT!!!
When the Republicans couldn't repeal and replace it, Obamacare became theirs. To remove themselves from that stigma, they're going to have to do what they said... replace it with something better. Wink wink! There is no plan. They don't have a clue. The only way out of this mess is single-payer. You know it, they know it and Obama knew it.

Technically. the PPACA began as a conservative idea. Do you remember the Mitt Romney/ Massachusetts scenario where it all began?

It's laughable that you liberals deliberately set up something to fail...but it's the GOP's fault because they can't fix it! You label the ACA as a "mess"? You're right there, JQ! It is a mess and it's a mess that was drawn up by liberals...passed by a Democratically controlled Congress and signed into law by Barack Obama as his SIGNATURE legislative accomplishment! How does THAT become something that the GOP owns?

The recession ended by June 2009.

Thanks for showing how fast Obama got things done.

Weakest recovery since WW2.
No one cares but you pseudo- conservatives.

No problem, I'm happy to show he didn't end the recession.
Happy to show he did fuck up the recovery.
The recession ended on Obama's watch so he gets the credit ... The democrats were smart enough to listen to the FEDs when SOT Paulson and FED Bernanke stormed the capitol asking for a near trillion dollar bank bailout. But contrary to the claim the recession actually ended in 2009...there are other economist pundits who, as late as 2015, contended that it was still going on well into that year.

The Big Bank Bailout

The recession ended on Obama's watch so he gets the credit

DERP!

But contrary to the claim the recession actually ended in 2009

upload_2017-8-18_9-29-10.png

http://www.nber.org/cycles.html

there are other economist pundits who, as late as 2015, contended that it was still going on well into that year.

When your recovery is so weak, it feels like a recession to some.

Whatever! But at least Obama had a recovery. You right wing Republicans are famous for starting depressions and recessions that make recoveries necessary... The important thing is that
a recovery is a ercovery no matter how fast it occurs. Getting credit for a slow recovery is better than getting credit for making one necessary like the repub-lie-cons have a knack for doing.

we've had other recessions that were worse than what Obama had to deal with

"Panics" are not recessions or depressions. The term recession came into vogue after the Great Depression.
Hence my question...name a recession worse than the one Obama faced. "Panics" don't count.

My point is that the two worst recoveries from bad recessions were both led by Progressive "icons" using Keynesian stimulus policies.

Whatever! But at least Obama had a recovery. You right wing Republicans are famous for starting depressions and recessions that make recoveries necessary... The important thing is that
a recovery is a ercovery no matter how fast it occurs. Getting credit for a slow recovery is better than getting credit for making one necessary like the repub-lie-cons have a knack for doing.

Whatever! But at least Obama had a recovery.

$9.3 trillion in added debt and all it bought was a weak ass recovery.

9.3 trillion you say? Where did he get the money and what was it spent on?
If you don't know...STFU.

9.3 trillion you say?

The US Treasury says.

Check it out yourself.

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

Obama is no longer president and the PPACA is still in place and stands strong in the face of a government dominated entirely by Republicans.... Despite lies and promises by the Republicans to repeal and replace, THE PPACA is holding its own because people like it; and, more importantly, they need it. I expect Obamacare to morph into single-payer. That's the thing that is needed and that's the only thing that's going to work. But in either case, Obama's legacy will live on.

The Affordable Care Act is "standing strong"? It's actually imploding, JQ and needs to be completely overhauled. Of course Obamacare is going to "morph" into single payer...it's what Obama, Pelosi and Reid planned all along! Let's be honest here...you're giving Barack Obama "credit" for lying to the American people. That will be his legacy when the ACA is examined by historians. He's the President who couldn't get single payer passed but instead set up a healthcare system so flawed...one that gave so much free stuff away to so many people...that it was political suicide to do away with it.
I find it laughable that you right wing Trump-bots can, with a straight face, use the word "lie" with such conviction when attacking Obama while ignoring the whoppers Trump unabashedly delivers on a daily basis. And Trump, the liar-in-chief, is echoing the GOP sentiment that Obamacare is going to implode. If it does, the Republicans own it. They have all the power to fix it, not the Democrats. And once again, a single-payer plan is likely the only viable option they may have.

Obama told numerous lies about legislation that affects 1/6th of our economy and repeated those lies over and over again.

So let me see if I understand how this works in "JQ World"? You liberals set up a healthcare system that's designed to fail...pushing it through even though the American people let you know through their votes that they weren't in favor of it...and now that it IS failing...it belongs to the Republicans? How do you figure that? You expect the GOP to "fix" the ACA...when the truth is...it can't be fixed. Its was designed by you liberals to fail. You designed it...you passed it...you lied about it...NOW YOU OWN IT!!!
When the Republicans couldn't repeal and replace it, Obamacare became theirs. To remove themselves from that stigma, they're going to have to do what they said... replace it with something better. Wink wink! There is no plan. They don't have a clue. The only way out of this mess is single-payer. You know it, they know it and Obama knew it.

Technically. the PPACA began as a conservative idea. Do you remember the Mitt Romney/ Massachusetts scenario where it all began?

It's laughable that you liberals deliberately set up something to fail...but it's the GOP's fault because they can't fix it! You label the ACA as a "mess"? You're right there, JQ! It is a mess and it's a mess that was drawn up by liberals...passed by a Democratically controlled Congress and signed into law by Barack Obama as his SIGNATURE legislative accomplishment! How does THAT become something that the GOP owns?
It is laughable that you call everyone who disagrees with you a liberal. by the way the ppaca was not drawn up by liberals, it drawn up by someone in Massachusetts when Mitt Romney was governor there and implemented.

9.3 trillion you say?

The US Treasury says.

Check it out yourself.

I did...months ago. I came up with about 7.9 trillion that was directly accountable to Obama...The first year budget of an incoming president is set by his predecessor."

"The national debt grew the most dollar-wise during President Obama's two terms. He added $7.917 trillion, a 68 percent increase, in seven years.
What Has Obama Done? 11 Major Accomplishments

"Panics" are not recessions or depressions. The term recession came into vogue after the Great Depression.
Hence my question...name a recession worse than the one Obama faced. "Panics" don't count.

My point is that the two worst recoveries from bad recessions were both led by Progressive "icons" using Keynesian stimulus policies.

God but you're an idiot! Panic was a term used quite often to refer to notable recessions. Did you not take economics in college?

It is laughable that you call everyone who disagrees with you a liberal. by the way the ppaca was not drawn up by liberals, it drawn up by someone in Massachusetts when Mitt Romney was governor there and implemented.

So now someone in Massachusetts drew up the ACA when Mitt Romney was Governor? Congrats, JQ...you're now in the running for most ignorant poster on this board!

God but you're an idiot! Panic was a term used quite often to refer to notable recessions. Did you not take economics in college?
Aww. I know the two terms might mean the same thing but the names changed. after the Great Depression. The. " panics" were not called recessions. For the sake of this debate I chose to get technical and call a panic a panic and a recession a recession..if for no better reason than to push your frigging buttons. I do that when I'm bored with off topic bs.

So now someone in Massachusetts drew up the ACA when Mitt Romney was Governor? Congrats, JQ...you're now in the running for most ignorant poster on this board!
And you think you get to decide what I am on this board? Heh heh heh. That makes you a delusional moron. Yep, the PPACA was modeled on Romneycare. You are the ignorant one..jerk!
Mitt Romney admits what he couldn't while running for president

Eight years of an administration that didn't have a clue how to create jobs and relied on microscopic interest rates from the Fed to keep the economy from cratering created a situation where the Middle Class and the poor made few gains while the rich who had access to investment capital cleaned up in a resurgent stock market. Obama talked a good game about "income inequality" but his lack of an economic strategy to create jobs devastated both the poor and the Middle Class while it enriched the wealthy!

Blaming all of THAT on George Bush is an amusing concept.
You do know Obama left Trump an unemployment rate of under 5% don't you?

LOL...what did Barry have to do with the unemployment rate, JQ? He really didn't have an economic plan to create jobs for the last six years he was in office! He's the guy who had to use "Jobs created or saved" as his go to statistic because despite spending nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus money to create jobs...so few jobs were created that it was a major embarrassment to Obama and his minions!
History will show he did a great job. You were conned.
I find it interesting how intellectually dishonest Republicans are when it comes to how good Obama did.

Is there any question if it were McCain or Romney Republicans would have made the argument that presidents don't have that much to do with the economy.

Or they be bragging about McCain 80 months of job growth.

I remember last year they didn't want to hear about the stock market this year it's all they talk about.

And now the unemployment is 4% but last year it was 20% according to liar Republicans

What's really intellectually dishonest, Sealy..my pointing out that Obama struggled with economic policy throughout his two terms...or your claim that 80 months of tepid job growth, despite spending trillions in stimulus, is an accomplishment?

Actually what is intellectually dishonest is not mentioning the republican obstruction Obama faced for 8 years.

Aww. I know the two terms might mean the same thing but the names changed. after the Great Depression. The. " panics" were not called recessions. For the sake of this debate I chose to get technical and call a panic a panic and a recession a recession..if for no better reason than to push your frigging buttons. I do that when I'm bored with off topic bs.

Demonstrating that you don't know shit about economic history is somehow supposed to push my buttons? Now that you've been shown that we've had recessions that were just as bad if not worse than the one we just went through...you've suddenly become "bored" with the topic? Here's a hint for you, Sparky...don't attempt to lecture others on subjects that you know nothing about! You end up looking like a horse's ass!

You do know Obama left Trump an unemployment rate of under 5% don't you?

LOL...what did Barry have to do with the unemployment rate, JQ? He really didn't have an economic plan to create jobs for the last six years he was in office! He's the guy who had to use "Jobs created or saved" as his go to statistic because despite spending nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus money to create jobs...so few jobs were created that it was a major embarrassment to Obama and his minions!
History will show he did a great job. You were conned.
I find it interesting how intellectually dishonest Republicans are when it comes to how good Obama did.

Is there any question if it were McCain or Romney Republicans would have made the argument that presidents don't have that much to do with the economy.

Or they be bragging about McCain 80 months of job growth.

I remember last year they didn't want to hear about the stock market this year it's all they talk about.

And now the unemployment is 4% but last year it was 20% according to liar Republicans

What's really intellectually dishonest, Sealy..my pointing out that Obama struggled with economic policy throughout his two terms...or your claim that 80 months of tepid job growth, despite spending trillions in stimulus, is an accomplishment?

Actually what is intellectually dishonest is not mentioning the republican obstruction Obama faced for 8 years.

Obama entered office with huge majorities in both the House and Senate. The American people elected Republicans and sent them to Washington in the midterm elections two years later to stop what Barack Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi were doing with those huge majorities. What you call Republican "obstruction" was the will of the American voter! Barack Obama lectured his GOP counterparts about elections having consequences when he was elected in 2008. He was entirely correct in that assertion! What's intellectually dishonest is to claim that the elections in 2010 didn't also have consequences! It isn't the GOP that obstructed Barry...it was the American people!

Demonstrating that you don't know shit about economic history is somehow supposed to push my buttons? Now that you've been shown that we've had recessions that were just as bad if not worse than the one we just went through...you've suddenly become "bored" with the topic? Here's a hint for you, Sparky...don't attempt to lecture others on subjects that you know nothing about! You end up looking like a horse's ass!
Look bozo, this op is not about economics. If you want to talk about economics start an op somewhere else sbout economics. My only sin here is allowing you to divert from the topic .
Anyone can become an economic "expert" on the internet, all you have to do is Google, look up something and you pretend you know all about economics. Stay on topic. I have no obligation in this thread to talk to you about economics.. stop wasting my time and the. Time of people who came here for a different experience. Just because you are too Dumb to know that there's a reason staying on topic is emphasized. by USMB doesn't give you license to change the narrative until you find. something completely of topic to use as a band aid to heal the butt hurt you felt after being throttled on the thread topic
Here is a hint for you, dummy...Stay on topic...that is, if you have the discipline to do it.

9.3 trillion you say?

The US Treasury says.

Check it out yourself.

I did...months ago. I came up with about 7.9 trillion that was directly accountable to Obama...The first year budget of an incoming president is set by his predecessor."

"The national debt grew the most dollar-wise during President Obama's two terms. He added $7.917 trillion, a 68 percent increase, in seven years.
What Has Obama Done? 11 Major Accomplishments

I came up with about 7.9 trillion that was directly accountable to Obama...The first year budget of an incoming president is set by his predecessor."

Usually, that would be the case.
This time, in addition to his "stimulus" package, Dems stalled major portions of the 2009 budget so that they could add spending after Bush left office.

The United States federal budget for fiscal year 2009 began as a spending request submitted by President George W. Bush to the 110th Congress. The final resolution written and submitted by the 110th Congress to be forwarded to the President was approved by the House on June 5, 2008.[5] The final spending bills for the budget were not signed into law until March 11, 2009 by President Barack Obama, nearly five and a half months after the fiscal year began

2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia

Also, to be more precise, $245 billion of the deficit before Bush left office was TARP spending.
Money that was repaid, and spent, during Obama's tenure. The case could be made that Obama was actually responsible for more than $9.5 trillion of the debt.

Forum List

Back