Unlawful Arrest?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Why would this guy be arrested and threatened with deportation? He did nothing wrong.

Undocumented immigrant and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas could soon face deportation, according to an immigrants’ rights group.

Border Patrol allegedly arrested the activist in Texas on Tuesday during his attempt to pass through security at McAllen-Miller International Airport, United We Dream said in a statement. Vargas is associated with the nonpartisan network, which advocates for the fair treatment of immigrant youths and their families.

He was allegedly questioned by Border Patrol on Tuesday morning, said Ryan Eller, director of Define American, an initiative that Vargas founded.

Why would this guy be arrested and threatened with deportation? He did nothing wrong.

Undocumented immigrant and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas could soon face deportation, according to an immigrants’ rights group.

Border Patrol allegedly arrested the activist in Texas on Tuesday during his attempt to pass through security at McAllen-Miller International Airport, United We Dream said in a statement. Vargas is associated with the nonpartisan network, which advocates for the fair treatment of immigrant youths and their families.

He was allegedly questioned by Border Patrol on Tuesday morning, said Ryan Eller, director of Define American, an initiative that Vargas founded.

I guess you missed the first two words in your quote.

You want to punish him for something his grandparents did?

Nevermind...he's been released!

w00t!

Activist released in Texas, bringing new light to immigration issues - LA Times

His grandparents forced him to stay in this country illegally?

Learn to read.

I read this in your link.

Jose Antonio Vargas, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and immigration rights activist who publicly announced that he is undocumented,

Did I miss the part where his grandparents forced him to do something?

By the way, he claims he came into this country as an unaccompanied minor. What, exactly, am I supposed to see?

Learn to read.

I read he came in the US as a child, thus, entered illegally. And I am not of the "pack 'em up, deport 'em" club.

He had no idea he was illegal until he was an adult and tried to get a driver's license.

Learn to read.

Jose Antonio Vargas, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and immigration rights activist who publicly announced that he is undocumented,

By the way, he claims he came into this country as an unaccompanied minor. What, exactly, am I supposed to see?

Learn to read.

Learn to read.

I read he came in the US as a child, thus, entered illegally. And I am not of the "pack 'em up, deport 'em" club.

He had no idea he was illegal until he was an adult and tried to get a driver's license.

Learn to read.

Probably has a green card. I hope he isn't deported.

Last edited:
Learn to read.

Learn to read.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Just ask the EPA!

Learn to read.

Learn to read.

He had no idea that he was here illegally even though his passport says he was born in the Philippines, thus making him not a US citizen, came here alone at the age of 12, and the passport includes the expired visa stamp?

Ever consider the possibility that you are the one that needs to learn to read?

Last edited:
Even if I buy his story that he didn't know, once he knew he was breaking the law the onus is on him. I actually read in the story that his friends advised him that he shouldn't go, and he went anyway.

Learn to read.

Learn to read.

he found out when he was 16 years old, not an adult.

learn to read

The way immigration law is currently being enforced, Jose can stay as long as he likes unless he comments a very serious felony. Hell, he could be hauled in for DUI a half dozen times in some parts of the country and not be deported.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back