Unlawful Arrest?

(a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both. - See more at: 8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

He had no idea he was illegal until he was an adult and tried to get a driver's license.
And it is a shame the situation he is in, I'm sure he could make a good life here raising a family, paying taxes, and contributing to the success of this country.

However from your own link he sure as hell knows:

"U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Border Patrol Agents operating at McAllen-Miller International Airport encountered Mr. Vargas and apprehended him after he stated that he was in the country illegally. '

Entering illegally is a crime, so this isn't an unlawful arrest.

Why would this guy be arrested and threatened with deportation? He did nothing wrong.

Undocumented immigrant and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas could soon face deportation, according to an immigrants’ rights group.

Border Patrol allegedly arrested the activist in Texas on Tuesday during his attempt to pass through security at McAllen-Miller International Airport, United We Dream said in a statement. Vargas is associated with the nonpartisan network, which advocates for the fair treatment of immigrant youths and their families.

He was allegedly questioned by Border Patrol on Tuesday morning, said Ryan Eller, director of Define American, an initiative that Vargas founded.

I guess you missed the first two words in your quote.

And you missed the 11th word in mine.

Howey, the only reason you want him to stay is because he is gay.

Forum List

Back