University tells students, staff to stop using 'he' and she'

...I'll guarantee you we haven't hit rock bottom yet..
Take heart.

January 20, 2017, is not all that far away, now.

With any luck, things start to take a turn for the better, immediately thereafter.
Wishful thinking. The left hasn't stopped bitching about BOOOOSH yet. What makes you think Obama's divisive politics will stop when he leaves?

Just saw a story on TV about a Washington State University professor Rebecca Fowler outright banning the use of the term illegal alien & illegals. If students use the term in class 1 point is deducted from them.

Another professor, John Streamas, asks students to defer to the experiences of people of color & reflect on your own location, PRIVILEGES & POWER

Universities should really be concerned about preparing their students on how to get a job when they graduate.

University of Tennessee tells staff and students to stop using 'he' and 'she' - and switch to 'xe', 'zir' and 'xyr' instead
  • Gay rights official at Knoxville campus wrote new language instructions
  • Tells students and staff to use unusual, gender-neutral pronouns like 'xe'
  • Donna Braquet said that the new regime would make campus 'inclusive'
  • University clarified that guidelines are not compulsory after critics called them 'absurd'

The University of Tennessee has told its staff and students to stop calling each other 'he', 'she', 'him' and 'her' - and to start referring to one another with terms like 'xe', 'zir' and 'xyr' instead.

The Knoxville branch of the public university, which has 27,400 students, sent a memo round to its members filled with unusual new parts of speech to avoid referring to anybody's gender.

According to a gay rights official at the university, the new language regime will make the university 'welcoming and inclusive' and stop people feeling 'marginalized'.

2BBF6B9F00000578-0-New_regime-a-29_1440783924924.jpg

2BBECB9900000578-0-image-a-28_1440783848511.jpg

She also advises staff members not to call roll in class, and to instead greet every student by asking them to announce their name and pronoun of preference.

Instead of 'he' and 'she', Braquet suggests four alternatives.

One is the commonplace strategy of using 'they', 'them' and 'their' for individuals rather than groups.
She also suggests 'ze' and 'xe' - both pronounced 'zhee' - and a variety of secondary conjugations to be used for anybody who rejects the traditional gender binary.

Barquet argues that if everybody follows her instructions, campus will become 'more inclusive'.

Read more: University of Tennessee: Use 'xe', 'zir', 'xyr' instead of he or she
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oooops, did I copy and paste facts again?

tumblr_mea1glUPgB1rurv44.gif

Yes folks, this is where it is going. They have already convinced the useless idiots that the word "waitress" is offensive.

Now pronouns are offensive.

Look at the fat lesbian kuuunt with her thick dark rimmed glasses.

Just in case you all needed another legitimate reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday. They, are such a scourge on human liberty.
As crazy as this sounds it does make a bit of sense. "He or she" is just plain awkward in many contexts.
He or she is NEVER awkward to rational human beings.

When using them together for gender neutrality they are. That's why traditionally the male pronoun has been used when gender is unknown or inapplicable. Sometime in the 70s, this situation started to give certain people yeast infections of righteous outrage. I refer of course to far-left liberal males.
In short, fuck "certain" people.

??????

Just saw a story on TV about a Washington State University professor Rebecca Fowler outright banning the use of the term illegal alien & illegals. If students use the term in class 1 point is deducted from them.

Another professor, John Streamas, asks students to defer to the experiences of people of color & reflect on your own location, PRIVILEGES & POWER

Universities should really be concerned about preparing their students on how to get a job when they graduate.
But knowing if you're pansexual or gender fluid or gender variant or intersex or cisgender or agender or gender questioning is REALLY REALLY important when applying for a job!

:laugh:

...I'll guarantee you we haven't hit rock bottom yet..
Take heart.

January 20, 2017, is not all that far away, now.

With any luck, things start to take a turn for the better, immediately thereafter.
Wishful thinking. The left hasn't stopped bitching about BOOOOSH yet. What makes you think Obama's divisive politics will stop when he leaves?
Just as long as they lose political power in House, Senate and Oval Office, in 2016, they can piss and moan as much as they like. It'll be easier to tune 'em out, then.

Does anyone know why these people are so terrified of the differences between men and women?

Has that psychosis ever been explored?.

It seems to be a relatively new aspect of the much older ongoing wrong-wing attack on marriage and family as the essential foundation for society. Now, they are going after the difference between male and female, trying to deny and minimize this essential difference and to destroy anything based thereon; hence the recent embracing by this wretched ideology of “gay marriage” along with “gender fluidity” and “transgenderism”.

Does anyone know why these people are so terrified of the differences between men and women?

It seems to be a relatively new aspect of the much older ongoing wrong-wing attack on marriage and family as the essential foundation for society. Now, they are going after the difference between male and female, trying to deny and minimize this essential difference and the destruction of anything based thereon; hence the recent embracing by this wretched ideology of “gay marriage” along with “gender fluidity” and “transgenderism”.
What do you perceive to be the ultimate goal? Some bizarre unisex society?

...What do you perceive to be the ultimate goal? Some bizarre unisex society?
They have an ultimate goal? Hell, I thought they were just out to burn America down to the ground, devil take the consequences.
I wonder about this. Look at what they're pushing: Biological/emotional differences to be eliminated between men and women, essentially melding them into nothing more than variants of the other along a spectrum; a society in which speech is strictly controlled through intimidation and punishment; a larger and larger central bureaucracy, etc..

Sounds like a freakin' science fiction movie.

University of Tennessee tells staff and students to stop using 'he' and 'she' - and switch to 'xe', 'zir' and 'xyr' instead
  • Gay rights official at Knoxville campus wrote new language instructions
  • Tells students and staff to use unusual, gender-neutral pronouns like 'xe'
  • Donna Braquet said that the new regime would make campus 'inclusive'
  • University clarified that guidelines are not compulsory after critics called them 'absurd'

The University of Tennessee has told its staff and students to stop calling each other 'he', 'she', 'him' and 'her' - and to start referring to one another with terms like 'xe', 'zir' and 'xyr' instead.

The Knoxville branch of the public university, which has 27,400 students, sent a memo round to its members filled with unusual new parts of speech to avoid referring to anybody's gender.

According to a gay rights official at the university, the new language regime will make the university 'welcoming and inclusive' and stop people feeling 'marginalized'.

2BBF6B9F00000578-0-New_regime-a-29_1440783924924.jpg

She also advises staff members not to call roll in class, and to instead greet every student by asking them to announce their name and pronoun of preference.

One is the commonplace strategy of using 'they', 'them' and 'their' for individuals rather than groups.
She also suggests 'ze' and 'xe' - both pronounced 'zhee' - and a variety of secondary conjugations to be used for anybody who rejects the traditional gender binary.

Barquet argues that if everybody follows her instructions, campus will become 'more inclusive'.

Read more: University of Tennessee: Use 'xe', 'zir', 'xyr' instead of he or she
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oooops, did I copy and paste facts again?

tumblr_mea1glUPgB1rurv44.gif

Yes folks, this is where it is going. They have already convinced the useless idiots that the word "waitress" is offensive.

Now pronouns are offensive.

Look at the fat lesbian kuuunt with her thick dark rimmed glasses.

Just in case you all needed another legitimate reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday. They, are such a scourge on human liberty.
Good lord. These people are fucked.

It seems to be a relatively new aspect of the much older ongoing wrong-wing attack on marriage and family as the essential foundation for society. Now, they are going after the difference between male and female, trying to deny and minimize this essential difference and the destruction of anything based thereon; hence the recent embracing by this wretched ideology of “gay marriage” along with “gender fluidity” and “transgenderism”.
What do you perceive to be the ultimate goal? Some bizarre unisex society?

Who knows? I don't think even they do, for sure.

Marx saw marriage and family as artifacts of the sort of society that he wanted to eliminate, and saw a “free love” arrangement as more in line with the collectivist society that he wanted to create.

I think what we have in modern wrong-wing ideology is some eclectic stew of assorted ideologies, some of which have been borrowed from Marxism, but taken out of the context of any idea what the end goal is that they mean to achieve. I think it's more about destroying what presently exists and works, rather than about any idea of with what they want to replace it.

Well, in their defense, looking at that photograph I can't tell what that thing is.

This is fucking idiocy...Male and females is simply biology and if they think otherwise then they're insane.
I think this is about writing accurately. It really goes much further than just generic pronouns. My son is a free lance writer. He once did a piece in which the subject was a seamstress. The problem was it was a man and not a women. After he wrote the article, the gentlemen asked him not to call him a seamstress as he was man. So my son decided to substituted tailor. It was pointed out that a tailor was not the same as a seamstress. He decided on "male sewer". I read it and told him it sounded crazy. He changed it to seamster and the editor told him no one knows what a seamster is, so he changed it back to seamstress.

The problem is our language is very sexist. There are many words in our language that are gender specific even though the words now refers to either gender. At one time all nurses were women. As men became nurses, they objected to the word because most people assumed they were women when they saw that their profession was nurse.

You sure used HE a lot in your post.

Our language is very sexist?

Dear God I hate fucking liberals.
That's because the pronoun, "he" is referring to a male.

One of the quirks of English is that it has a masculine pronoun (he) and a feminine pronoun (she), but no pronoun for both genders. This becomes a problem when you are writing a sentence where the pronoun's antecedent could refer to either gender.

Some writers get around this problem by using the third-person plural pronoun they instead. But many grammarians object to this use, since there may be no number agreement between the antecedent and the pronoun. For example, "If the student wants a copy of their transcript, they should go to the Registrar's Office." Student is singular and "they" is plural.

The "he" or "she" dilemma | Ask The Editor | Learner's Dictionary

This is fucking idiocy...Male and females is simply biology and if they think otherwise then they're insane.
I think this is about writing accurately. It really goes much further than just generic pronouns. My son is a free lance writer. He once did a piece in which the subject was a seamstress. The problem was it was a man and not a women. After he wrote the article, the gentlemen asked him not to call him a seamstress as he was man. So my son decided to substituted tailor. It was pointed out that a tailor was not the same as a seamstress. He decided on "male sewer". I read it and told him it sounded crazy. He changed it to seamster and the editor told him no one knows what a seamster is, so he changed it back to seamstress.

The problem is our language is very sexist. There are many words in our language that are gender specific even though the words now refers to either gender. At one time all nurses were women. As men became nurses, they objected to the word because most people assumed they were women when they saw that their profession was nurse.

One of the quirks of English is that it has a masculine pronoun (he) and a feminine pronoun (she), but no pronoun for both genders. This becomes a problem when you are writing a sentence where the pronoun's antecedent could refer to either gender.

Some writers get around this problem by using the third-person plural pronoun they instead. But many grammarians object to this use, since there may be no number agreement between the antecedent and the pronoun. For example, "If the student wants a copy of their transcript, they should go to the Registrar's Office." Student is singular and "they" is plural.

It was not a problem for the centuries when "he" was simply used as the default when needed.

It was not a problem for the centuries when "he" was simply used as the default when needed.
Of course it wasn't. In most societies, a women's only purpose was to bear children and serve males. There was little need for gender neutrality in language because there was no gender neutrality in life. All roles in life were determined by a person's sex.

Forum List

Back