Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

Umm no. I mean, go ahead and provide a source for this, but you're just wrong.

How Much Will Medicare for All Cost?

Representative Pramila Jayapal (D-WA), a co-chair of the Medicare for All Caucus, released a bill today that would adopt a single-payer system, where the federal government replaces private health insurance companies as the sole provider of most health care financing. While we are not aware of any estimates of this particular proposal, similar proposals have been estimated to cost the federal government roughly $28-32 trillion over a decade.

How much will the current system of healthcare cost the American people over the same period?

Well at our current rate of $3.5Trillion/year x 10 years = $35 Trillion Dollars or more than what the estimates are for Medicare for All

For 2018 healthcare cost $3.65 trillion. It is fair to say that at the current rate of growth healthcare costs will double over the next ten years - for an average of $5.5 trillion per year. That's a total cost of $55 trillion - about double the cost of government provided healthcare (by your numbers which are probably biased against government provided healthcare).

Or are you going to argue that healthcare costs will not go up? Seriously?

I think you're confused about my position. I agree with you. Our current costs are more than what a Medicare for All system could cost us.
Bullshit

Still waiting for you to support your claim that Medicare for All would cost $30 Trillion for 10 years on top of our current costs.

And those we should help. Why throw 150mil who can afford it off their plans? Also why can I not get free plumbing? Without heat I can die in the winter time?
Choose to rent and they will handle your plumbing,

Choose a strong employer and they will cover your insurance. Hell, I hear Home Depot has very good insurance.

Next....
That’s not a reality. The reality is that it’s very expensive for most,
Define “very expensive” and why would UH be less expensive when we don’t have strong immigration controls?
Are you not aware that healthcare costs have skyrocketed? Many go bankrupt from healthcare costs?

This is the real reason most Americans file for bankruptcy

UH is less expensive, our system now is the most expensive in the world.

For the record I think what we need now is affordable healthcare done in a bi partisan effort. It’s seems unlikely we will get that however.
I agree but UH is not the answer.

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost
Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

That comment is simply stupid.

If it were cheaper...we'd be there.
There is no question it is cheaper. Our healthcare is the most expensive in the world.

It is the best in the world. I agree that our system is broken because of numerous administrator costs and such.
Democrats should definitely not do mandates but give a public option, and mainly go after costs. You start with transparency. The secrecy of what you're going to pay or what your insurance company is going to pay has to end. The whole scumbag GOP scam system has to be done away with. The GOP is totally bought by big health big Pharma big hospitals big doctors you name it and always have been. It's why our healthcare costs twice as much basically as anywhere else and many people are not covered. A disgrace like everything else, will only be solved when we tax the rich their fair share again. This experiment is a failure. Only the GOP brainwash makes this possible, super dupers.

I challenge you...name three significant problems we have this nation that you don’t see thirdworlders sitting at the root of...I’m standing by....GO!

I'll do even better, I'll tell you about the only problem that really matters in this country and it has nothing to do with brown people.

1) Money owns our government and policy decisions through corporate lobbyists and donations

I challenge you...name three significant problems we have this nation that you don’t see thirdworlders sitting at the root of...I’m standing by....GO!

1. Trump
  2. Trump's Supporters
  3. Murdoch's Media.

Your theories and opinions are fun...now pull your heads from your asses and use your peanut brains.

Your little exercise backfired there. Didnt it?

Only in your tiny little brain…Where your twisted opinion trumps reality and facts.

Coming from a racist like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

you add nothing, zero to this thread. GTFO or actually contribute your Dumbass doesn’t even understand that UH is an ADDITIONAL $30trn not a replacement. Freaking moron.

How much will the current system of healthcare cost the American people over the same period?

Well at our current rate of $3.5Trillion/year x 10 years = $35 Trillion Dollars or more than what the estimates are for Medicare for All

For 2018 healthcare cost $3.65 trillion. It is fair to say that at the current rate of growth healthcare costs will double over the next ten years - for an average of $5.5 trillion per year. That's a total cost of $55 trillion - about double the cost of government provided healthcare (by your numbers which are probably biased against government provided healthcare).

I think you're confused about my position. I agree with you. Our current costs are more than what a Medicare for All system could cost us.
Bullshit

Still waiting for you to support your claim that Medicare for All would cost $30 Trillion for 10 years on top of our current costs.
You idiot. You’re adding something. Of course it’s additional. Are you trolling now?

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost
Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

There is no question it is cheaper. Our healthcare is the most expensive in the world.

It is the best in the world. I agree that our system is broken because of numerous administrator costs and such.
Democrats should definitely not do mandates but give a public option, and mainly go after costs. You start with transparency. The secrecy of what you're going to pay or what your insurance company is going to pay has to end. The whole scumbag GOP scam system has to be done away with. The GOP is totally bought by big health big Pharma big hospitals big doctors you name it and always have been. It's why our healthcare costs twice as much basically as anywhere else and many people are not covered. A disgrace like everything else, will only be solved when we tax the rich their fair share again. This experiment is a failure. Only the GOP brainwash makes this possible, super dupers.
I agree We need a change but the OP is that UH is not the answer

Conservatives don’t have a medical plan because it’s not something the Federal Government has any legitimate power to be involved in.

of course universal healthcare is the answer, everyone has to be covered it is only intelligent and fair. We are the richest country in the world and the only rich country without universal Health Care help with daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and mainly taxing the rich their fair share. Everything you know is wrong. The GOP lies Non-Stop and you have your own planet. No one else in the world agrees with you people on anything. A disgrace.

Conservatives don’t have a medical plan because it’s not something the Federal Government has any legitimate power to be involved in.
Yes yes corporations have our best interests in mind. Idiot.

Bullshit

You idiot. You’re adding something. Of course it’s additional. Are you trolling now?
Medicare for all is the goal, but to mandate the end of private insurance or anything for Americans is a loser. We need a public option and we need to go after costs like crazy. This is ridiculous. Obama was for no mandate and a public option. He was right again LOL.

Bullshit

We could easily save enough with cost-cutting to pay for it if we regulate enough. The whole health system is out of control. But much better than it used to be before ACA. It's guaranteed there are cost caps.

It may cost more at first but certainly not 10 trillion in addition. We need the public option the public option the public option the public option.

of course universal healthcare is the answer, everyone has to be covered it is only intelligent and fair. We are the richest country in the world and the only rich country without universal Health Care help with daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and mainly taxing the rich their fair share. Everything you know is wrong. The GOP lies Non-Stop and you have your own planet. No one else in the world agrees with you people on anything. A disgrace.
For UH to work you would need lower college tuition dramatically and be better about illegals. Then you have to convince over 100mil people to give up
private pay. Good luck with that.

Bullshit

Medicare for all is the goal, but to mandate the end of private insurance or anything for Americans is a loser. We need a public option and we need to go after costs like crazy. This is ridiculous. Obama was for no mandate and a public option. He was right again LOL.
I am OK with that. But that’s not UH.

Choose to rent and they will handle your plumbing,

Choose a strong employer and they will cover your insurance. Hell, I hear Home Depot has very good insurance.

Next....
Define “very expensive” and why would UH be less expensive when we don’t have strong immigration controls?
Are you not aware that healthcare costs have skyrocketed? Many go bankrupt from healthcare costs?

For the record I think what we need now is affordable healthcare done in a bi partisan effort. It’s seems unlikely we will get that however.
But it’s the most likely one to be offered. Repubs have nothing and the dems suggesting it seems likely to win presidential nomination. But I still hope for some bi partisan effort.

Next....

But it’s the most likely one to be offered. Repubs have nothing and the dems suggesting it seems likely to win presidential nomination. But I still hope for some bi partisan effort.
Not all Dems are for UH. Only the far left.

Not all Dems are for UH. Only the far left.
Yes the ones currently leading in the race for president.

For UH to work you would need lower college tuition dramatically and be better about illegals. Then you have to convince over 100mil people to give up
private pay. Good luck with that.
The public option is cheaper then private insurance. It will take people about 5 minutes to figure that out with the public option public option public option. Yes we need cheaper College. We have to roll back all the crap the GOP has done the last 35 years. And as far as health care goes, all the protection from regulation they have offered forever.

Forum List

Back