If they delete the ACA , we will have to go all out for the Universal Healthcare!!

And if Joe Biden wins and the Senate too,

we will have a nuclear option to vote on Universal Healthcare.

See the republicans and tramp don't want to pay for ACA, (its only the wealthy who pay for subsidies)

So they will get up paying even more.

Even Medicare sucks. Universal Healthcare is coming.

All is on the table. All rules are on the table. Maybe Biden can even write an executive order.

If the U.S. government can not handle the mess with the V.A. what make you think they will be able to handle Universal Healthcare or Medicare for All?

While the VA isn't perfect, it's better than the civilian options. It's a good model to use.
No it isn’t and has been a mess for decades!

See the republicans and tramp don't want to pay for ACA, (its only the wealthy who pay for subsidies)

All is on the table. All rules are on the table. Maybe Biden can even write an executive order.

If the U.S. government can not handle the mess with the V.A. what make you think they will be able to handle Universal Healthcare or Medicare for All?
Plenty of examples of socialized medicine working all over the world. It is not a new radical idea at this point.

And most of those countries middle class to rich citizens go to third world countries to get medical procedures done.

Pass a Universal Healthcare Plan here and watch Mexico grow in tourism for people to see Doctors down there and there is nothing you can do!

Canada is a perfect example how their people would come here to avoid the waiting list and before you say it never happened I have seen it happen!

Your scare tactics aren't working so well these days. And it's going to cost you the Senate which is something I don't wish to see. But if it means sending Moscow Mitch to the end of the line for the next two years, the I guess that is something that needs to be done.

If the republicans retained majority in the senate there would be no health care system to replace Obamacare when the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional.

The worst thing for America is if the republicans retain majority in the senate.

There will be absolutely no chance for a replacement for Obamacare.

The problem is, the Supreme Court has already ruled that until there is a replacement that there can be no getting rid of the ACA. I don't see the new Justices overturning that ruling. Just because Rump says so doesn't mean the Justices are going to vote that way. Pertaining to the way the Justices are going to vote, he's been wrong about everything else.

I have not heard of that ruling. I just looked for it and nothing came up.

Maybe I used the wrong keywords.

Do you have any information on this?

This is very important to me. I will lose my insurance when the Supreme Court rules Obamacare unconstitutional.

I've already started to make arrangements to leave America when it's ruled unconstitutional. I don't see how anything can be passed in the congress to replace it because democrats won't have the 60 seats needed to overcome the republican filibuster.

If you are right and I don't have to leave my home, I sure would love to read about it.

Please, if you have any information on that, send it to me.

Here, let me help you. Just leave. Don't wait. If you are that misinformed, I suggest one of the Middle Eastern Countries but not Israel.

I was serious.

I honestly want to know about this. This is important to me.

If what you say is true I want to know about it.

You didn't have to be so rude.

Thanks for nothing.

If either is done by the Congress and signed into law by the President it negates the ruling of the Courts and the Court would have to rule (if someone were to contest it) whether that new law was constitutional or not.

If Congress repeals ACA, there is no new law to rule on. The Court can't do jack squat about it.

That was already tried. And the only thing that was accmplished was the getting rid of the "Tax" part.

Yep. Republicans failed to repeal it. I doubt they ever really wanted to. But they could try again. Or Democrats could come to their senses and repeal it.

Until they come with a viable replacement, the ACA stands as constitutional and will not be rescended.

It can be repealed. No replacement is required. You're just plain wrong on your insistence that it must be "replaced". That's not true. Maybe you just read it wrong or something.

You are just trying to cover up for incompetent Republicans in office, nothing more. We don't buy the old "Got a Plan" anymore. What we do buy is that ACA needs to be fixed. Get right on it, cupcake.

While the VA isn't perfect, it's better than the civilian options. It's a good model to use.

Plenty of examples of socialized medicine working all over the world. It is not a new radical idea at this point.

And most of those countries middle class to rich citizens go to third world countries to get medical procedures done.

Pass a Universal Healthcare Plan here and watch Mexico grow in tourism for people to see Doctors down there and there is nothing you can do!

Canada is a perfect example how their people would come here to avoid the waiting list and before you say it never happened I have seen it happen!

Your scare tactics aren't working so well these days. And it's going to cost you the Senate which is something I don't wish to see. But if it means sending Moscow Mitch to the end of the line for the next two years, the I guess that is something that needs to be done.

If the republicans retained majority in the senate there would be no health care system to replace Obamacare when the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional.

The worst thing for America is if the republicans retain majority in the senate.

The problem is, the Supreme Court has already ruled that until there is a replacement that there can be no getting rid of the ACA. I don't see the new Justices overturning that ruling. Just because Rump says so doesn't mean the Justices are going to vote that way. Pertaining to the way the Justices are going to vote, he's been wrong about everything else.

This is very important to me. I will lose my insurance when the Supreme Court rules Obamacare unconstitutional.

I've already started to make arrangements to leave America when it's ruled unconstitutional. I don't see how anything can be passed in the congress to replace it because democrats won't have the 60 seats needed to overcome the republican filibuster.

If you are right and I don't have to leave my home, I sure would love to read about it.

Here, let me help you. Just leave. Don't wait. If you are that misinformed, I suggest one of the Middle Eastern Countries but not Israel.

I was serious.

Thanks for nothing.

I am not in a habit of listing my URLs twice in one week or two weeks or even a month, much less listing them twice in the same day.

I was serious.

Thanks for nothing.

If you buy on the open market, you can't quit your insurance at anytime you want. You have to do so in writing and jump through other hoops just to get out of that insurance. I know, I tried getting out of a policy this year. It took time but I finally got it closed. Meanwhile I have no backup for that coverage.

Lie. Off exchange one only needs to submit their Term Request in writing and it's granted. On exchange i a little harder because they are extremely slow.

Insurance companies don't have any real competition.

The ACA mandated the coverages, then it caused so much in losses that MOST Insurance Companies pulled out of the market.

That reason is there is no choice in insurance. The insurance companies control what health care you get and how much you will pay for it. You don't have the choice of doctors or how your own money is spent on your health care even though you sent the insurance company thousands of dollars each year for them to pay your health care bills.

Total horse hockey. The ACA drove the "competition" out with horrendous losses. They were promised help through the loss corridors (yes Obama KNEW there would be horrendous losses) and yes, the Republicans sabotaged the Risk Corridors. The insurance companies never got more than 12% of the funds promised to mitigate those losses. The ACA mandated that 80 cents of EVERY premium dollar received HAD to be paid out in claims or the part that wasn't was mandated to be returned to the insureds. That means that they had 20 cents on the dollar to pay all of their overhead. They don't control "what" Health Care you get nor do they control what insureds pay for said "care". 2013 set the premium scale, the insurance companies could do little more than guess at their losses and tried to set premiums as close as they could to cover the losses they knew were coming. Once the premiums were set the ACA mandated that premium increases under 10% could be approved by the State. Premium increases OVER 10% could be approved by the Feds.

Choice of Doctors? Networks are negotiated by lawyers representing both sides, the insurance companies and the Doctors. Once the rates are agreed to both sides sign the agreement and the Network is born. The Doctor's can come and go and they do.

Why do you think that people look forward to being on medicare if private insurance so much better?

Because it costs less.

Now I'm older, the pool I paid into for over 30 years was taken from me in divorce.

No, insurance, ALL insurance is a year to year agreement. The premiums you pay during the year pay for that year it is NOT an "investment.

Now that I'm older and have preexisting conditions and 5 years from medicare, I have no access to the private insurance I paid into and my own government is going to make it legal for insurance companies to deny me a policy or jack up the premiums so high I can't afford it.

Histrionics. If your health is as you say the ACA could help and you would probably get a subsidy and maybe it would cover your entire premium.

debbiedowner
Don't take my word for it, Debbiedowener is a Liberal, ask her

I was serious.

Thanks for nothing.

I am not in a habit of listing my URLs twice in one week or two weeks or even a month, much less listing them twice in the same day.

Ok whatever.

I did another search on this. I have not found anything close to what you claimed.

In fact, I found the opposite.

I would think that a decent human being would want to help someone who has asked them for their help.

I guess you aren't one of those people.

If it was me, I would have given you the information.

I'm not like you.

I was serious.

Thanks for nothing.

Ok whatever.

I did another search on this. I have not found anything close to what you claimed.

I would think that a decent human being would want to help someone who has asked them for their help.

I'm not like you.

No, he's more intelligent than you are. He posted the link but you are too lazy to find it.

If either is done by the Congress and signed into law by the President it negates the ruling of the Courts and the Court would have to rule (if someone were to contest it) whether that new law was constitutional or not.

If Congress repeals ACA, there is no new law to rule on. The Court can't do jack squat about it.

That was already tried. And the only thing that was accmplished was the getting rid of the "Tax" part.

Yep. Republicans failed to repeal it. I doubt they ever really wanted to. But they could try again. Or Democrats could come to their senses and repeal it.

Until they come with a viable replacement, the ACA stands as constitutional and will not be rescended.

It can be repealed. No replacement is required. You're just plain wrong on your insistence that it must be "replaced". That's not true. Maybe you just read it wrong or something.

You are just trying to cover up for incompetent Republicans in office, nothing more.
I'm not a Republican, dingleberry.
What we do buy is that ACA needs to be fixed. Get right on it, cupcake.
ACA can't be fixed because it's based on the wrong premises. We just need to repeal it.

It's not ok to have all at everyone else's expense.
The left is not smart enough to decide who deserves to keep their wealth and who isnt

for instance does hunter biden deserve to have his wealth?

I was serious.

Thanks for nothing.

Ok whatever.

I'm not like you.

Well, then pack your bags and get the hell out.

You are just trying to cover up for incompetent Republicans in office, nothing more.
ACA can't be fixed because it's based on the wrong premises. We just need to repeal it.

WE have two choices. Fix it or replace it. You can't repeal it without a replacement. All this BS about repealing it without a replacement just won't fly. The Courts ain't buyin' it. and Neither are the voters. On that subject alone, you are handing not only the Presidency to the Dems but also the Senate.

WE have two choices. Fix it or replace it. You can't repeal it without a replacement. All this BS about repealing it without a replacement just won't fly. The Courts ain't buyin' it. and Neither are the voters. On that subject alone, you are handing not only the Presidency to the Dems but also the Senate.

Too much money involved, it's going nowhere.

Wealth inequality is bad, M'kay?
Communism is better?

if you want to call yourself a bad person for having more than anyone else that's your business

but leave the rest of us out of it
It's ok to have more.

So, where does the "more" come from?
Not much on economics, huh?

Of course if one has more someone else has less. That the way of the world.

That's not the way America is now though. A few people have all, and most have none. That's not the way it's supposed to work.

Communism is better?

if you want to call yourself a bad person for having more than anyone else that's your business

It's ok to have more.

That's not the way America is now though. A few people have all, and most have none. That's not the way it's supposed to work.

Yup, deal with it. If you aren't willing to trade what they have you don't have a say.

Communism is better?

It's ok to have more.

Yup, deal with it. If you aren't willing to trade what they have you don't have a say.
I suppose that makes sense, somewhere. But not here. English, kid. We speak English here.

WE have two choices. Fix it or replace it. You can't repeal it without a replacement. All this BS about repealing it without a replacement just won't fly. The Courts ain't buyin' it.
You already lost that "debate". Congress can repeal it without permission from the Court.

On that subject alone, you are handing not only the Presidency to the Dems but also the Senate.
I'm not "handing" anything. I'm not a Republican. I'm a Libertarian. President Biden will be no worse that President Trump. He'll suck in different ways, that's all. But I never want to see one party holding all the cards, and I'm really hoping that the Republican Senators will get smart and disavow Trump's insanity. And they'll need to address health care. Repealing ACA is a winning issue if they played it right, but I'm not holding my breath.

Forum List

Back