If they delete the ACA , we will have to go all out for the Universal Healthcare!!

The fastest route to universal coverage is expanding medicare/medicaid. It's not something that can be done quickly. It would take 15-20 years to fully implement and build while republicans do everything they can to sabotage it. You are right that should they succeed in murdering the ACA there will have to be something to replace it.
FALSE! The fastest route to obtaining free life-long medical coverage is what already exists >> join the military (which every American ought to do anyway).
We don't need liberals in the military destroying good order and discipline. The Army's screening questions eliminate them from eligibility because they are fat, druggies, or criminals.

The fastest route to universal coverage is expanding medicare/medicaid. It's not something that can be done quickly. It would take 15-20 years to fully implement and build while republicans do everything they can to sabotage it. You are right that should they succeed in murdering the ACA there will have to be something to replace it.

No advantage plans, no. part D, and no 20% copay. And no premiums for Part B.
So you just made Medicare unaffordable!

Even Medicare sucks. Universal Healthcare is coming.
If medicare sucks imagine how much worse Universal Medicaid will be

Medicare isn't free. I pay 135 a month for it. Most still require a supplemental policy to cover the 20% it doesn't cover. The reason Medicare isn't peachy is that too many people that don't know what they are doing have a hand in managing it. And since some Doctors won't take on new Medicare Patients, it's sometimes hard to find a Doctor. But if everyone was under Medicare, that would remove that problem.

I more push to use the VA as an example for Universal Health Care. But don't make it free. The only real question is, what amount annually would be a fair amount for each person or family to pay. And what do we do for the Supplemental. And do we offer an alternate insurance option? There is nothing that can't be worked out. But the first thing that has to be done is to run off is the Insurance Companies Lobbyists.

Yeah, you would make all doctors go bankrupt and drop out of the practice of medicine.

And if Joe Biden wins and the Senate too,

we will have a nuclear option to vote on Universal Healthcare.

See the republicans and tramp don't want to pay for ACA, (its only the wealthy who pay for subsidies)

So they will get up paying even more.

All is on the table. All rules are on the table. Maybe Biden can even write an executive order.

If the U.S. government can not handle the mess with the V.A. what make you think they will be able to handle Universal Healthcare or Medicare for All?

While the VA isn't perfect, it's better than the civilian options. It's a good model to use.
No it isn’t and has been a mess for decades!

See the republicans and tramp don't want to pay for ACA, (its only the wealthy who pay for subsidies)

All is on the table. All rules are on the table. Maybe Biden can even write an executive order.

If the U.S. government can not handle the mess with the V.A. what make you think they will be able to handle Universal Healthcare or Medicare for All?
Plenty of examples of socialized medicine working all over the world. It is not a new radical idea at this point.

And most of those countries middle class to rich citizens go to third world countries to get medical procedures done.

Pass a Universal Healthcare Plan here and watch Mexico grow in tourism for people to see Doctors down there and there is nothing you can do!

Canada is a perfect example how their people would come here to avoid the waiting list and before you say it never happened I have seen it happen!

Your scare tactics aren't working so well these days. And it's going to cost you the Senate which is something I don't wish to see. But if it means sending Moscow Mitch to the end of the line for the next two years, the I guess that is something that needs to be done.

"Moscow Mitch" (which you can't possible explain where that moniker comes from) is crushing his opponent in Kentucky! Good luck with that!

Everyone can't work for the gov, so you'd be ok with it for 2 years of service for everyone to have healthcare?
Depending on what the 2 years of service is, I might be OK with it, yeah. But this would have to be people who are ineligible for military service, and it would have to be of benefit to the country.

That is about 70% of the population at present.

While the VA isn't perfect, it's better than the civilian options. It's a good model to use.

Plenty of examples of socialized medicine working all over the world. It is not a new radical idea at this point.

And most of those countries middle class to rich citizens go to third world countries to get medical procedures done.

Pass a Universal Healthcare Plan here and watch Mexico grow in tourism for people to see Doctors down there and there is nothing you can do!

Canada is a perfect example how their people would come here to avoid the waiting list and before you say it never happened I have seen it happen!

You can go to Mexico all you want as long as you pay your taxes. Those waiting lists are nothing, ever try making an elective surgery appointment in the US. The time is the same amount.

Many people move to Mexico for the cheapness of living. That is your choice.

Waiting list is as long to get a selective surgery here in the States as it is in Canada?

So you waited six months to a year?

I call bullshit on that one!

Also there are loopholes to paying certain taxes you may or may not know about and ain’t it funny how you demand taxes from people so you can pay for what you will never work for!
The word is elective, not selective. I am sure your rhinoplasty can wait!

It's not young military age people that make health care so expensive. It's old people trying to live forever and way too many people trying to get rich off of it.
My point was if you join the military when you're young, as I did at 18, then when you are much older (as I am now at 74), you get medical care, without having to pay. And it doesn't take "15-20 years" to happen.

Millions of young Americans can do it today, without any problem.

Uh, most military retirees now PAY for medical care under Tricare.

Actually not.

If Democrats win control of the Senate, it will be by a very slim majority – perhaps only two or three seats.

There will be enough conservative Democrats to join Republicans in opposition to MFA.

And should such legislation be passed, it will be struck down by a rightwing partisan Supreme Court, a five-justice majority of conservative ideologues.

What so called "conservative " Democrat senators have the political courage to stand up to Biden and Schumer? I don't see it. Just about every single one of them went along with the Liberal Witchhunt against President Trump as well as backing the lies about Justice Kavanaugh.
The witches were indicted and jailed and Trump was caught red handed trying to shake down a foreign leader in an effort to rig our election. We`re not allowed to make up our own history. It`s in the books already.

Who did Trump "shake down" to rig our election? You seriously need to lay off mind-altering substances.

Hey, if Trump wins, he has a great new secret plan that we're all gonna love!

He said it, talk radio says it, so it must be true!

:spinner:
Yea, repeal ACA and let Americans use the free market for health care services.
So that's it? Please provide a link to his plan, thanks in advance.

This is funny as shit and very misleading from the website, Trumpcare? LOL Click on you need coverage more than a year and put some information in and guess what? It comes up with bronze, silver, gold and platinum, obamacare you dunce.
:laugh:

They just don't to admit that he's lying, again, about health care.
lying? dude, I've asked and you all failed. what lie are you referring to?
He said he had a plan ready to go in 2016. He lied.

He says he has a plan ready to go now. We'll see if he's lying.

This is probably "fake news" to you. I can't help that.

He did not lie. The Senate Dems hold enough seats to filibuster any healthcare plan proposed by Republicans to death. That's why it never even received a vote!

The reason Medicare isn't peachy is that too many people that don't know what they are doing have a hand in managing it.
Yes

And that is only going to get worse when government manages all of healthcare

On that I agree. Let the Doctors manage it. Instead, we have the Government and Corporate Raiders manage it. None who have an real knowledge. What would happen if we set up a medical board overseen by the Health Department to manage it.
Health Department? Where exactly does this health department exist? Your imagination is my best guess!

Needless to say, invalidating the ACA would be madness:

"As many as 133 million Americans — roughly half the population under the age of 65 — have pre-existing medical conditions that could disqualify them from buying a health insurance policy or cause them to pay significantly higher premiums if the health law were overturned…

…about 21 million are at serious risk of becoming uninsured if Obamacare is struck down.

…more than 12 million low-income adults who have gained Medicaid coverage through the law’s expansion of the program could lose it.

… 109 million people would face lifetime limits on their coverage without the health law…

60 million Medicare beneficiaries would face changes to medical care and possibly higher premiums…

The Urban Institute estimated that nationwide, without the A.C.A., the cost of care for people who cannot pay for it could increase as much as $50.2 billion."

If by chance the scotus throws it out and even with trump promising pre x will be covered rates will not come down simply because of the pre x. Now, if pre x isn't guaranteed and it's back to the old days of asking health question's rates will come down but not as much as everyone is hoping and the very same people on this board that want's to get rid of any kind of guaranteed health insurance will be screaming when they are either declined are charge much more money for their policy than one the same age and sex because of a pre x.
If ACA is completely thrown out, cheap catastrophic plans will be legal again. That, combined with a saving account to cover the deductible, is by far the best way to go.

That's if you have the income to cover that savings account. Over half of the population no longer has any disposable income. And in order to have the health savings account you are talking about it would require having disposable income. Once again, the Rich gets the gravy.

Thanks to your Democrat governor's ridiculous lockdowns for COVID!

Your scare tactics aren't working so well these days. And it's going to cost you the Senate which is something I don't wish to see. But if it means sending Moscow Mitch to the end of the line for the next two years, the I guess that is something that needs to be done.

If the republicans retained majority in the senate there would be no health care system to replace Obamacare when the Supreme Court rules it unconstitutional.

The worst thing for America is if the republicans retain majority in the senate.

There will be absolutely no chance for a replacement for Obamacare.

The problem is, the Supreme Court has already ruled that until there is a replacement that there can be no getting rid of the ACA. I don't see the new Justices overturning that ruling. Just because Rump says so doesn't mean the Justices are going to vote that way. Pertaining to the way the Justices are going to vote, he's been wrong about everything else.

Where do you get this crap from?

If either is done by the Congress and signed into law by the President it negates the ruling of the Courts and the Court would have to rule (if someone were to contest it) whether that new law was constitutional or not.

If Congress repeals ACA, there is no new law to rule on. The Court can't do jack squat about it.

That was already tried. And the only thing that was accmplished was the getting rid of the "Tax" part.

Yep. Republicans failed to repeal it. I doubt they ever really wanted to. But they could try again. Or Democrats could come to their senses and repeal it.

Until they come with a viable replacement, the ACA stands as constitutional and will not be rescended.

It can be repealed. No replacement is required. You're just plain wrong on your insistence that it must be "replaced". That's not true. Maybe you just read it wrong or something.

You are just trying to cover up for incompetent Republicans in office, nothing more.
I'm not a Republican, dingleberry.
What we do buy is that ACA needs to be fixed. Get right on it, cupcake.
ACA can't be fixed because it's based on the wrong premises. We just need to repeal it.

WE have two choices. Fix it or replace it. You can't repeal it without a replacement. All this BS about repealing it without a replacement just won't fly. The Courts ain't buyin' it.
You already lost that "debate". Congress can repeal it without permission from the Court.

On that subject alone, you are handing not only the Presidency to the Dems but also the Senate.
I'm not "handing" anything. I'm not a Republican. I'm a Libertarian. President Biden will be no worse that President Trump. He'll suck in different ways, that's all. But I never want to see one party holding all the cards, and I'm really hoping that the Republican Senators will get smart and disavow Trump's insanity. And they'll need to address health care. Repealing ACA is a winning issue if they played it right, but I'm not holding my breath.

You are playing the "I hardly knew his" card a bit early, aren't you. One thing I don't do is show undying support for Biden. What I do show is my total disgust of the Party of the Rumpers and enablers. And that includes much of the Senate. The problem is, we really don't need the Dems owning the 3 parts. 2 is a good thing with a shot over the bow of the other (the senate). That gets Moscow Mitch out of the Senate Majority Leader Seat which he has turned into a complete Dictatorship. There are really only two (R)s that I want gone and that if Rump and Moscow Mitch. The rest can stay and play the old "I hardly knew them" routine if they wish.

As for the ACA, I think the public has spoken loudly. Either the ACA is fixed or it's direct replacement is presented and accepted by the American Public before the are going to be allow to get rid of the ACA. It's fix or replace only. That genie is out of the bottle.

Hey, if Trump wins, he has a great new secret plan that we're all gonna love!

He said it, talk radio says it, so it must be true!

:spinner:
Yea, repeal ACA and let Americans use the free market for health care services.
So that's it? Please provide a link to his plan, thanks in advance.

This is funny as shit and very misleading from the website, Trumpcare? LOL Click on you need coverage more than a year and put some information in and guess what? It comes up with bronze, silver, gold and platinum, obamacare you dunce.
:laugh:

They just don't to admit that he's lying, again, about health care.
lying? dude, I've asked and you all failed. what lie are you referring to?
He said he had a plan ready to go in 2016. He lied.

He says he has a plan ready to go now. We'll see if he's lying.

This is probably "fake news" to you. I can't help that.

He did not lie. The Senate Dems hold enough seats to filibuster any healthcare plan proposed by Republicans to death. That's why it never even received a vote!
WHAT didn't receive a vote?

Oh the epic irony of someone who has devoted himself to a carnival barker saying that is priceless.
Meaning HOW DARE I mention joe biden’s son as the bottom half of a high-level scheme of corruption and abuse of power?

Of course biden deserves to be in the spotlight

Oh the epic irony of someone who has devoted himself to a carnival barker saying that is priceless.
Meaning HOW DARE I mention joe biden’s son as the bottom half of a high-level scheme of corruption and abuse of power?

Of course biden deserves to be in the spotlight
No, meaning you're fucking hilariously hypocritical! You should take that show on the road!

Universal healthcare has always been the ultimate goal! How bright of some people here to note we "need"
universal healthcare.
That's why Obama Care has been a costly failure. Duh! It was designed that way.

People have admitted that the ultimate goal was Medicare for all ever since Obama Scare was introduced. Welcome to the party, you dull minded
sheep.

Forum List

Back