Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

Well at our current rate of $3.5Trillion/year x 10 years = $35 Trillion Dollars or more than what the estimates are for Medicare for All

For 2018 healthcare cost $3.65 trillion. It is fair to say that at the current rate of growth healthcare costs will double over the next ten years - for an average of $5.5 trillion per year. That's a total cost of $55 trillion - about double the cost of government provided healthcare (by your numbers which are probably biased against government provided healthcare).

Or are you going to argue that healthcare costs will not go up? Seriously?

I think you're confused about my position. I agree with you. Our current costs are more than what a Medicare for All system could cost us.
Bullshit

Still waiting for you to support your claim that Medicare for All would cost $30 Trillion for 10 years on top of our current costs.
You idiot. You’re adding something. Of course it’s additional. Are you trolling now?

LOL, so you really think we will have our private insurance system and Medicare for All at the same time?

Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

That comment is simply stupid.

If it were cheaper...we'd be there.
There is no question it is cheaper. Our healthcare is the most expensive in the world.

It is the best in the world. I agree that our system is broken because of numerous administrator costs and such.
Democrats should definitely not do mandates but give a public option, and mainly go after costs. You start with transparency. The secrecy of what you're going to pay or what your insurance company is going to pay has to end. The whole scumbag GOP scam system has to be done away with. The GOP is totally bought by big health big Pharma big hospitals big doctors you name it and always have been. It's why our healthcare costs twice as much basically as anywhere else and many people are not covered. A disgrace like everything else, will only be solved when we tax the rich their fair share again. This experiment is a failure. Only the GOP brainwash makes this possible, super dupers.
I agree We need a change but the OP is that UH is not the answer

You don't know why, you just have a gut feeling and that's good enough for you.

The Supreme Court and our entire legal system disagrees with you.

I answer to a higher power than the US Legal System. I will NEVER participate in any form of Government healthcare. Even if it puts me in my grave.
Until you get sick enough..... It's not government Healthcare, it is Healthcare that is regulated by the government to protect us from the corporations and the damn doctors and hospitals and insurers... Does your state have expanded medicaid?

Not only will Democrats have to raise everyone's tax a ton to pay for universal healthcare, they will also force Americans to compete with any foreign national that makes it to America for services they pay for.

Raise your hand if you want Americans to pay for the healthcare and welfare of any foreign national that makes it to America...
gettyimages-1152455278.jpg

If Democrats win, there will be constant caravans of foreign nationals pouring into America seeking to access our tax dollars.

Define “very expensive” and why would UH be less expensive when we don’t have strong immigration controls?
Are you not aware that healthcare costs have skyrocketed? Many go bankrupt from healthcare costs?

This is the real reason most Americans file for bankruptcy

UH is less expensive, our system now is the most expensive in the world.

For the record I think what we need now is affordable healthcare done in a bi partisan effort. It’s seems unlikely we will get that however.
I agree but UH is not the answer.
But it’s the most likely one to be offered. Repubs have nothing and the dems suggesting it seems likely to win presidential nomination. But I still hope for some bi partisan effort.
Not all Dems are for UH. Only the far left.
Yes the ones currently leading in the race for president.
Biden is not for UH?

It is the best in the world. I agree that our system is broken because of numerous administrator costs and such.
Democrats should definitely not do mandates but give a public option, and mainly go after costs. You start with transparency. The secrecy of what you're going to pay or what your insurance company is going to pay has to end. The whole scumbag GOP scam system has to be done away with. The GOP is totally bought by big health big Pharma big hospitals big doctors you name it and always have been. It's why our healthcare costs twice as much basically as anywhere else and many people are not covered. A disgrace like everything else, will only be solved when we tax the rich their fair share again. This experiment is a failure. Only the GOP brainwash makes this possible, super dupers.
of course universal healthcare is the answer, everyone has to be covered it is only intelligent and fair. We are the richest country in the world and the only rich country without universal Health Care help with daycare paid parental leave cheap college and training great infrastructure and vacations and mainly taxing the rich their fair share. Everything you know is wrong. The GOP lies Non-Stop and you have your own planet. No one else in the world agrees with you people on anything. A disgrace.
For UH to work you would need lower college tuition dramatically and be better about illegals. Then you have to convince over 100mil people to give up
private pay. Good luck with that.
The public option is cheaper then private insurance. It will take people about 5 minutes to figure that out with the public option public option public option. Yes we need cheaper College. We have to roll back all the crap the GOP has done the last 35 years. And as far as health care goes, all the protection from regulation they have offered forever.
They would have to raise taxes.

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

Of course it won't work in America. There are over 300 million Americans. No way it can work.

For 2018 healthcare cost $3.65 trillion. It is fair to say that at the current rate of growth healthcare costs will double over the next ten years - for an average of $5.5 trillion per year. That's a total cost of $55 trillion - about double the cost of government provided healthcare (by your numbers which are probably biased against government provided healthcare).

Or are you going to argue that healthcare costs will not go up? Seriously?

I think you're confused about my position. I agree with you. Our current costs are more than what a Medicare for All system could cost us.
Bullshit

Still waiting for you to support your claim that Medicare for All would cost $30 Trillion for 10 years on top of our current costs.
You idiot. You’re adding something. Of course it’s additional. Are you trolling now?

LOL, so you really think we will have our private insurance system and Medicare for All at the same time?
It would add $3trn a year to the federal budget you idiot. How will we pay for it. It would not be private insurance it would be private cash. Rich people would just pay cash for the best care. Happens in Europe right now and in Russia. GTFO out of this thread you moron.

That comment is simply stupid.

If it were cheaper...we'd be there.
There is no question it is cheaper. Our healthcare is the most expensive in the world.

You don't know why, you just have a gut feeling and that's good enough for you.
You little leftist troll. I explained why in the original post.

I'll do even better, I'll tell you about the only problem that really matters in this country and it has nothing to do with brown people.

1) Money owns our government and policy decisions through corporate lobbyists and donations

1. Trump
  2. Trump's Supporters
  3. Murdoch's Media.

Your theories and opinions are fun...now pull your heads from your asses and use your peanut brains.

Your little exercise backfired there. Didnt it?

Only in your tiny little brain…Where your twisted opinion trumps reality and facts.

Coming from a racist like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

you add nothing, zero to this thread. GTFO or actually contribute your Dumbass doesn’t even understand that UH is an ADDITIONAL $30trn not a replacement. Freaking moron.

LOL, You're no authority on revenue and outgo on the level of the Fed. Gov't.

Until you get sick enough..... It's not government Healthcare, it is Healthcare that is regulated by the government to protect us from the corporations and the damn doctors and hospitals and insurers... Does your state have expanded medicaid?

I have the cure for all disease... 230 grains of .45 ACP injected into the skull from beneath the chin.

mid the Government forces you to buy it or regulated it, then it’s Government Healthcare. I live in MA, so I believe this Communistwealth does participate in expanded Medicaid

Are you not aware that healthcare costs have skyrocketed? Many go bankrupt from healthcare costs?

This is the real reason most Americans file for bankruptcy

UH is less expensive, our system now is the most expensive in the world.

For the record I think what we need now is affordable healthcare done in a bi partisan effort. It’s seems unlikely we will get that however.
But it’s the most likely one to be offered. Repubs have nothing and the dems suggesting it seems likely to win presidential nomination. But I still hope for some bi partisan effort.
Biden is not for UH?
No, but he has little money and drops in the polls every time he talks.

Your theories and opinions are fun...now pull your heads from your asses and use your peanut brains.

Your little exercise backfired there. Didnt it?

Only in your tiny little brain…Where your twisted opinion trumps reality and facts.

Coming from a racist like you, I'll take that as a compliment.

you add nothing, zero to this thread. GTFO or actually contribute your Dumbass doesn’t even understand that UH is an ADDITIONAL $30trn not a replacement. Freaking moron.

LOL, You're no authority on revenue and outgo on the level of the Fed. Gov't.

Authority? Both parties agree it is $30Trn over 10 years. That is an additional spend of $3Trn per year. Stop trolling, old man.

Biden is not for UH?
No, but he has little money and drops in the polls every time he talks.
But he is the one leading? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth, again. And your fave, Lizzy could not explain how she would pay for UH.

2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost
Health care costs have been skyrocketing for several decades.

Since the GOP has yet to offer any solutions in all that time, it is inevitable we will end up with universal health care of some kind.

Inevitable.

The fact that there is NOTHING behind the Republican smokescreen of protests strongly indicates to me they sold us all down the river to the Democratic UHC goal a long, long time ago.

Since the GOP has yet to offer any solutions in all that time, it is inevitable we will end up with universal health care of some kind.

Inevitable.

The fact that there is NOTHING behind the Republican smokescreen of protests strongly indicates to me they sold us all down the river to the Democratic UHC goal a long, long time ago.
My guess is that the Republicans want a free market system. They have dropped the call thus far

If you are going to vote Republican next year, then you are choosing Obamacare. Because let's face it, Trump and the Republicans have no health care reform plan and so we will be stuck with some form of Obamacare if they win.

I know how a lot of people around here hate facts (which like trained seals they reflexively call "fake news"), but I can't help myself. So now, some figures.

U.S. Health Care Costs Skyrocketed to $3.65 Trillion in 2018

Health Insurance Costs Surpass $20,000 Per Year, Hitting a Record

Thanks, Trump!

We spent $3.65 Trillion on health care last year. That's your insurance premiums and co-pays, plus your employer's share of premiums, plus the government's outlays for Medicaid, Medicare, etc.

$3.65 trillion. That would be $36.5 trillion over ten years...except it will actually be much more than that since health care costs have been skyrocketing for many decades, long before Obamacare.

So here's another number: CMS Estimates Annual U.S. Health Care Spending to Hit $5.96 Trillion by 2027

In short, we literally cannot afford the Republican "do nothing" health care plan.

This is what makes UHC inevitable.

Inevitable.

My guess is that the Republicans want a free market system. They have dropped the call thus far
If Republicans wanted a free market system, they would have acted on it when they had all the power under Bush and Trump.

They don't. In fact, they take money from special interests for whom a free market is the LAST thing they want.

They want you held hostage to a closed market. They want you hostage to your employer with only one insurance plan to choose from. And they want your employer held hostage to limited health care provider options. Republicans have written this closed market into law.

You should be able to pick up the telephone and call any health insurance provider in the country. But the Republicans have made sure you can't. They oppose you having a free market.

So...UHC is inevitable.

Bullshit

It would add $3trn a year to the federal budget you idiot.
We currently are paying $3.65 trillion for ALL health care. That includes Medicare, Medicaid, etc.

So UHC would not add another $3 trillion. It would add whatever share of that $3.65 trillion are private expenditure costs right now.

Forum List

Back