Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

Have just seen this.

My daughter is pm-ing me from the emergency room (A&E in England) of an NHS hospital. And describing how ghastly it is.
You should see the bill from a US emergency room visit. Ghastly.

I had one. Last year. Not one bill. But many.

You're just talking about the money. Maybe you'd like to lie across three chairs whilst waiting for the doctor, because there's nowhere to lie down.
Many bills from people you don’t know.

Many cheaper healthcare systems are ranked very well for service.

2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost

Have just seen this.

My daughter is pm-ing me from the emergency room (A&E in England) of an NHS hospital. And describing how ghastly it is.

You're just talking about the money. Maybe you'd like to lie across three chairs whilst waiting for the doctor, because there's nowhere to lie down.

When push comes to shove the wealthy from other countries come here when they have a serious medical issues. Why is that do you think?

Yes the insurance industry loves to rob us, Our system is not good, something will change and repubs offer nothing.

GOP concentrates on lower pharma costs. Democrats want to go nuclear. Someone needs a middle ground. I agree the system is ridiculously complex and stupid.
Something in the middle is much more comfortable to accept.

I don’t think many go broke from pharma, though it’s more expensive than it should be. I think emergency care and surgeries are the real cost drivers.

You'd be surprised. Pharma costs could be as high as $300-400/month and many cannot afford that. Insurance companies also F*CK you when you need long term care for diabetes or cancer. If you get into an auto accident and need major surgery, 99.9% of insurance will cover you minus the deductible.
Deductible are big. And most pay thousands a year even if they don’t get sick. We have a problem. I believe everyone should have access to care. I’m open to how that happens.

#1) Yes, they are but some employers offer better plans than others. Most pay for auto insurance and don't get into accidents. That is how insurance works.

#2) Why?

Should most people have access to free plumbing or free food too? Explain the rationale.
The out of pocket costs are going up drastically.

Because I want everyone to have a chance at success. For that to happen they must at least be healthy.

Have just seen this.

When push comes to shove the wealthy from other countries come here when they have a serious medical issues. Why is that do you think?
Didn’t rand Paul just go to Canada? I hear of our rich traveling to other countries all the time.

GOP concentrates on lower pharma costs. Democrats want to go nuclear. Someone needs a middle ground. I agree the system is ridiculously complex and stupid.

I don’t think many go broke from pharma, though it’s more expensive than it should be. I think emergency care and surgeries are the real cost drivers.

You'd be surprised. Pharma costs could be as high as $300-400/month and many cannot afford that. Insurance companies also F*CK you when you need long term care for diabetes or cancer. If you get into an auto accident and need major surgery, 99.9% of insurance will cover you minus the deductible.
Deductible are big. And most pay thousands a year even if they don’t get sick. We have a problem. I believe everyone should have access to care. I’m open to how that happens.

#1) Yes, they are but some employers offer better plans than others. Most pay for auto insurance and don't get into accidents. That is how insurance works.

#2) Why?

Should most people have access to free plumbing or free food too? Explain the rationale.

Because I want everyone to have a chance at success. For that to happen they must at least be healthy.

They need food and plumbing to be healthy too. Should we provide free food and plumbing? Why do I pay the same as some dude who is 100 pounds overweight? At least in the auto industry, safe drivers pay less.

Have just seen this.

Didn’t rand Paul just go to Canada? I hear of our rich traveling to other countries all the time.

Did he? Canada is basically the 51st state. They don't have to pay for a military because they have us. I work with many from Canada who HATE their system due to long lag times to see a doctor.

Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

That comment is simply stupid.

If it were cheaper...we'd be there.
There is no question it is cheaper. Our healthcare is the most expensive in the world.

No retard, we spend more per person...since your tiny little brain can't understand the concept of value we'll simply tell you to fuck off.

Did other countries have ingrained private health plans? No. I don't see it happening until education costs go down significantly.
Yes the insurance industry loves to rob us, Our system is not good, something will change and repubs offer nothing.

Everyone has access to health care. If they don't want to pay for it, that is their problem.

#2) Why?

They need food and plumbing to be healthy too. Should we provide free food and plumbing? Why do I pay the same as some dude who is 100 pounds overweight? At least in the auto industry, safe drivers pay less.
Food is relatively cheap. If it becomes unaffordable you might have a point,

#2) Why?

It is? Then why do so many claim they go to bed hungry? Again, what about plumbing. I want free plumbing. How do I get that. I use that more than healthcare?

Did he? Canada is basically the 51st state. They don't have to pay for a military because they have us. I work with many from Canada who HATE their system due to long lag times to see a doctor.
Yes he did.

The Canadians I know prefer theirs. Much cheaper.

Did other countries have ingrained private health plans? No. I don't see it happening until education costs go down significantly.

“Access to care”
I love that phrase, it provokes emotion..makes me all warm and fuzzy and compels me to vote for free shit....Oh wait...that’s you.

Tell us, who do you know that has been declined ACCESS to CARE?
Shit, even illegals get ACCESS...no?

#2) Why?

It is? Then why do so many claim they go to be hungry? Again, what about plumbing. I want free plumbing. How do I get that. I use that more than healthcare?
You won’t die without plumbing, Most of us can do our own plumbing. We can’t perform surgery,

This is the problem in England. Many people there who are not rich by any means, will pay out of their own pocket for medical treatment in other countries. India, for instance, where they can get hip replacement surgery performed very quickly.

Yes he did.

Cheaper but not better and definitely not quicker.

#2) Why?

It is? Then why do so many claim they go to be hungry? Again, what about plumbing. I want free plumbing. How do I get that. I use that more than healthcare?
You won’t die without plumbing, Most of us can do our own plumbing. We can’t perform surgery,

Really? So my main pipe burst last year and flooded my finished basement with dirty water. I had to rebuild my entire bathroom and basement. I could have done that? When my heating system goes out, how do I fix that if I am not handy? Hmmmmm....

Without clean water and heat I would die, yes? But that is not free. Surgeries are never denied in the US, NEVER. If you have a slight cold, then stay home and don't sit in the ER like a parasite. See we can do this all day.

Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

Talk about a dumb comment? "If it were cheaper, we'd be there?"

So are you intentionally ignorant of how this country works? We don't do what is best, we do what will turn the most profits for our corporate masters.

The argument against UHC is money. The insurance lobby holds sway over too many congressmen.

Talk about a dumb comment? "If it were cheaper, we'd be there?"

So are you intentionally ignorant of how this country works? We don't do what is best, we do what will turn the most profits for our corporate masters.

Cost is $30Trn over 10 years. LOL

How would you pay for that?

Yes he did.

Cheaper but not better and definitely not quicker.
There is a wait, but the quality of care is just as good. Most people I know avoid going in anyhow because they don’t want a bill. The costs lead to be waiting longer for care.

Forum List

Back