Universal Healthcare - will not work in the US

1. Too many people are ingrained with private insurance.
  2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  3. Private pay provides better care. Even in Europe, the wealthy go that route.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost
Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

Let me ask you this beggar.
How many of those counties that you speak of have a population where 1/3 is comprised of thirdworlders with illegal roots?
How many of those countries that you speak of have a citizenry where 50% do not contribute to the treasury?

Oh look, the Mr."everything that is wrong with the world can be traced back to dark skin" is here.

2. Education is not free. Becoming a doctor is expensive, they want to get paid and pay off potential student loans. Working for the Gov't does not do that.
  4. Most logical people (on both sides of the aisle) agree with #1 and #2 and #3.
Candidates Who Attacked Warren Over 'Medicare For All' Draw Massive Fundraising Boost
Our system sucks and repubs have nothing to offer. We will likely get universal healthcare eventually. Other countries have shown it can be much cheaper.

Did other countries have ingrained private health plans? No. I don't see it happening until education costs go down significantly.
Yes the insurance industry loves to rob us, Our system is not good, something will change and repubs offer nothing.

That comment is simply stupid.

If it were cheaper...we'd be there.

Talk about a dumb comment? "If it were cheaper, we'd be there?"

So are you intentionally ignorant of how this country works? We don't do what is best, we do what will turn the most profits for our corporate masters.

You were trying to top her ?

You succeeded.

Bullshit:

1. Private insurance has lied to the American people for generations. It has lead to a 33% administration cost to American consumers. Once Americans learn about "hassle free healthcare" - with no copays, no pre-approvals, and no paperwork, they'll love it as much as the rest of the world does. Everything that Americans fear about publically funded healthcare, is a lie.

2. Doctors won't have to deal with insurance companies, either for pre-approvals or payment. They can spend more time with patients. Instead of having to bill 1000 different insurance companies, and having to hire a third party billing and collections company to do his paperwork, his receptionist can handle all of that. The doctor sends out one bill a month and the cheques come like clockwork. As a doctor who has practiced in both countries said, "I made more money in the USA, but I kept more of what I made in Canada. Doctors still make a tremendous amount of money.

3. You can still buy private or semi-private rooms, and full time private nursing, if you can afford it. The wealthy still get better care. My very wealthy friend's family hired 24 hour round the clock nurses when their father was in hospice, and kept him at home, where he died peacefully. No one is concerned about what the wealthy do - they'll always be able to get care. We care about the 99% of people who aren't wealthy and can't otherwise afford care.

4. Every other first world nation in the world manages to do this. What you're saying is that Americans are too stupid to see the sanity and cost savings in single payer. I happen to think Americans are smarter that you do.

Yes the insurance industry loves to rob us, Our system is not good, something will change and repubs offer nothing.

GOP concentrates on lower pharma costs. Democrats want to go nuclear. Someone needs a middle ground. I agree the system is ridiculously complex and stupid.
Something in the middle is much more comfortable to accept.

I don’t think many go broke from pharma, though it’s more expensive than it should be. I think emergency care and surgeries are the real cost drivers.

You'd be surprised. Pharma costs could be as high as $300-400/month and many cannot afford that. Insurance companies also F*CK you when you need long term care for diabetes or cancer. If you get into an auto accident and need major surgery, 99.9% of insurance will cover you minus the deductible.
Deductible are big. And most pay thousands a year even if they don’t get sick. We have a problem. I believe everyone should have access to care. I’m open to how that happens.

Everyone has access to health care. If they don't want to pay for it, that is their problem.

Wrong again. That is OUR problem.

If we kill the sickest, the unhealthiest, the irresponsible, the oldest who are hospitalized a lot and those who use it the most it might work.

The out of pocket costs are going up drastically.

Because I want everyone to have a chance at success. For that to happen they must at least be healthy.

They need food and plumbing to be healthy too. Should we provide free food and plumbing? Why do I pay the same as some dude who is 100 pounds overweight? At least in the auto industry, safe drivers pay less.
Food is relatively cheap. If it becomes unaffordable you might have a point,

It is? Then why do so many claim they go to be hungry? Again, what about plumbing. I want free plumbing. How do I get that. I use that more than healthcare?
You won’t die without plumbing, Most of us can do our own plumbing. We can’t perform surgery,

Really? So my main pipe burst last year and flooded my finished basement with dirty water. I had to rebuild my entire bathroom and basement. I could have done that? When my heating system goes out, how do I fix that if I am not handy? Hmmmmm....

Without clean water and heat I would die, yes? But that is not free. Surgeries are never denied in the US, NEVER. If you have a slight cold, then stay home and don't sit in the ER like a parasite. See we can do this all day.
You can move. We can do it all day, but you are losing. A sick person cant do their plumbing, probably can’t work, maybe can’t eat. The base to do most things is being healthy. Your comparisons are silly.

So are you intentionally ignorant of how this country works? We don't do what is best, we do what will turn the most profits for our corporate masters.

Cost is $30Trn over 10 years. LOL

How would you pay for that?

The cost of healthcare in 2017 alone was $3.5 Trillion. So if you're saying the cost for UHC is $30 Trillion over 10, then we're already saving money by making the switch.

Why Are Americans Paying More for Healthcare?.

They need food and plumbing to be healthy too. Should we provide free food and plumbing? Why do I pay the same as some dude who is 100 pounds overweight? At least in the auto industry, safe drivers pay less.

It is? Then why do so many claim they go to be hungry? Again, what about plumbing. I want free plumbing. How do I get that. I use that more than healthcare?
You won’t die without plumbing, Most of us can do our own plumbing. We can’t perform surgery,

Really? So my main pipe burst last year and flooded my finished basement with dirty water. I had to rebuild my entire bathroom and basement. I could have done that? When my heating system goes out, how do I fix that if I am not handy? Hmmmmm....

Without clean water and heat I would die, yes? But that is not free. Surgeries are never denied in the US, NEVER. If you have a slight cold, then stay home and don't sit in the ER like a parasite. See we can do this all day.
You can move. We can do it all day, but you are losing. A sick person cant do their plumbing, probably can’t work, maybe can’t eat. The base to do most things is being healthy. Your comparisons are silly.

Don't worry, he'll declare victory over you soon and abandon the thread.

Be thankful for that.

GOP concentrates on lower pharma costs. Democrats want to go nuclear. Someone needs a middle ground. I agree the system is ridiculously complex and stupid.

I don’t think many go broke from pharma, though it’s more expensive than it should be. I think emergency care and surgeries are the real cost drivers.

You'd be surprised. Pharma costs could be as high as $300-400/month and many cannot afford that. Insurance companies also F*CK you when you need long term care for diabetes or cancer. If you get into an auto accident and need major surgery, 99.9% of insurance will cover you minus the deductible.
Deductible are big. And most pay thousands a year even if they don’t get sick. We have a problem. I believe everyone should have access to care. I’m open to how that happens.

Everyone has access to health care. If they don't want to pay for it, that is their problem.

If you feel it's a problem now, you're in for a truly fun time.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Unfortunately it is. And I would like to solve it for less than $30trn over 10 yrs.

If we kill the sickest, the unhealthiest, the irresponsible, the oldest who are hospitalized a lot and those who use it the most it might work.
Oh smack. Sick and sad but true...

Only because we can't keep people accountable.

Not interested in being saddled with a second rate piece of crap like Obamacare.

Move? Sell my house and move? How long does that take? No. I have to pay for someone to come and fix the heat immediately and fix the plumbing immediately. Those who are sick CAN get care. No hospitals ever deny care.

If you feel it's a problem now, you're in for a truly fun time.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Ummm, You do know your article only reinforces the data that shows Medicare for All would be cheaper than our current system.

You did read your own link, right?

Cost is $30Trn over 10 years. LOL

How would you pay for that?

The cost of healthcare in 2017 alone was $3.5 Trillion. So if you're saying the cost for UHC is $30 Trillion over 10, then we're already saving money by making the switch.

Why Are Americans Paying More for Healthcare?.
Idiot. An additional $3trn. You’re so freaking dumb. Get out of this thread.

Don't worry, he'll declare victory over you soon and abandon the thread.

Be thankful for that.
I am The OP get the hell out of this thread. Loser.

You're already doing that. That's why your life expectancy has dropped the past three years in a row. Again, the USA is the only first world country where this is happening. The rest of the world is living longer.

Unfortunately it is. And I would like to solve it for less than $30trn over 10 yrs.

Sure, I want it to be cheaper too. But you do realize $30trn over 10 years is already a savings over how much we spend now. And it ensures everyone is covered.

Win - Win.

Forum List

Back