Unity is dead

People prefer to click on setup to install a program.
Funny, that's what I do with Ubuntu and Mint now......... but yes that is true. :eusa_whistle:
There is a Software Manager or whatever it is called. What´s not included, needs extraordinary efforts to be installed. Even Android, a mobile OS, offers more comfort in this regard.
And the last time you tried this was............ when?
I just downloaded Opera the other day (compressed debian files), the extract box opened up on it's own, I extracted, show files, install....... done.
So Opera is one of the few exceptions that come with an installer. How do you install your nvidia graphics driver?
Settings-Additional Drivers-(auto search)-select NVidia driver that is recommended and it installs. I know, I did it 20 seconds after the OS installed.
You know it will fail and you will have to download the driver from the nvidia page. What now?

Careful, your biased stupidity is showing....... Never took any business, hell considering your extensive ignorance level how are you able to type let alone think? :dunno:
A 3% increase in market share is not a sign of a failed product regardless of what it's current overall market share is now.......
The Linux market share on desktops is 1,7 % (Juni 2017), bigfoot.
Don't know where you're getting your info from but it's already at 2.36% and growing as predicted and expected to hit the 5% mark this year.

Operating system market share
So its 1,7 or 2,3, maybe 2 %. So it is the same as ever.
It's projected to hit 5% this year. Why you have such a hard on over it I don't know.

Show me on the doll where Linux touched you.

271.jpg
Instead of this disgusting doll, I expected a source for your claim. After all, your original claim is 5 % by the way.
I just read the title in the search.
2017: The year Linux will reach 5% market share - TechRepublic

As for the doll you still didn't tell me where Linux touched you.

Funny, that's what I do with Ubuntu and Mint now......... but yes that is true. :eusa_whistle:
There is a Software Manager or whatever it is called. What´s not included, needs extraordinary efforts to be installed. Even Android, a mobile OS, offers more comfort in this regard.
I just downloaded Opera the other day (compressed debian files), the extract box opened up on it's own, I extracted, show files, install....... done.
So Opera is one of the few exceptions that come with an installer. How do you install your nvidia graphics driver?
Settings-Additional Drivers-(auto search)-select NVidia driver that is recommended and it installs. I know, I did it 20 seconds after the OS installed.
You know it will fail and you will have to download the driver from the nvidia page. What now?
Wow, just wow....... Your hatred/bias (most likely bought and paid for) will never allow you to be fair and open minded but I've noticed that about you a long time ago. No, it won't fail and I did not have to download the driver from the NVidia site, not one time since the primary Linux distros started including additional drivers ages ago.

....you just soldier right on regardless. I've installed many distros and never had the nVidia driver fail once selected.

You're hopeless. I hope Microsoft is paying you well for this......... :eusa_whistle:

The Linux market share on desktops is 1,7 % (Juni 2017), bigfoot.
Don't know where you're getting your info from but it's already at 2.36% and growing as predicted and expected to hit the 5% mark this year.

It's projected to hit 5% this year. Why you have such a hard on over it I don't know.

271.jpg
Instead of this disgusting doll, I expected a source for your claim. After all, your original claim is 5 % by the way.

An old article from 2016. The theories there didn´t come true.

271.jpg

Unlike you I'll take a wait and see approach. Oh and can you say niche market? I knew you could....... :eusa_whistle:

Wow, just wow....... Your hatred/bias (most likely bought and paid for) will never allow you to be fair and open minded but I've noticed that about you a long time ago. No, it won't fail and I did not have to download the driver from the NVidia site, not one time since the primary Linux distros started including additional drivers ages ago.
Ya know, if you have an expensive graphics card, you are not installing Linux. Heck, some do! In that case, they may have no need for standard drivers and the driver search might be without result. Put a cheap, common graphics card into a Windows computer and it will have a proper driver installed after the first boot. Put an expensive card into that computer and you will get a MS standard video driver with reduced resolution, features and performance and you will have to install the driver from the nvidia page, which is easy.

271.jpg

Unlike you I'll take a wait and see approach. Oh and can you say niche market? I knew you could....... :eusa_whistle:
Unlike me you have already declared it true and post abhorrent dolls.

Ya know, if you have an expensive graphics card, you are not installing Linux. Heck, some do! In that case, they may have no need for standard drivers and the driver search might be without result. Put a cheap, common graphics card into a Windows computer and it will have a proper driver installed after the first boot. Put an expensive card into that computer and you will get a MS standard video driver with reduced resolution, features and performance and you will have to install the driver from the nvidia page, which is easy.
Since when am I arguing the pluses and minuses of Windows operating systems? I'm simply refuting your biased bull shit concerning Linux. Since when did I ever claim one was better than the other? I've always stated both have their positives and negatives, you're the one with the hard on about Linux so again, show me on the doll where Linux touched you...........

271.jpg

Unlike me you have already declared it true and post abhorrent dolls.
Like I said (obviously you ignored that part of my post), I just looked at the title and didn't read the contents, my bad. Of course you will look for any potential opening to attack as opposed to honestly discuss (something you have no concept of). So basically I'm simply wasting my time trying to have a honest discussion with you (as usual) so I'll go back to the only thing you understand, making fun of you.

Since when am I arguing the pluses and minuses of Windows operating systems? I'm simply refuting your biased bull shit concerning Linux. Since when did I ever claim one was better than the other? I've always stated both have their positives and negatives, you're the one with the hard on about Linux so again, show me on the doll where Linux touched you...........
You are seeing wraiths and are biased. You have declared a Linux market share of 5 % although it is not true. Plus you show up with that doll which is an offense. A disgusting offense to my eyes.

I have had issues with Mint networking on multiple occasions. The issue was networking between Windows PCs and Linux PCs. Figuring out how to get it working properly was something that I am confident many PC users would not have been willing or able to deal with. I've had the same sorts of issues trying to get games to play on Linux. In the past week I've found videos that would not play on VLC on Linux, but played fine on VLC on Windows.

Linux does not have the support Windows does, it is not a type of OS most people are used to, so it is not as easy to use for most beginners.
People are welcome to chose what they want but the criticisms against Linux are often unfair and designed to scare people off in favor of the 800 lb. commercial gorilla. Propaganda in other words.

Networking? I never dicked around with it. I plug in the cable or click the my wifi once. If yours didn't network with Windows that's the fault of Linux?

The only videos I have had trouble with in the past is Adobe flash in a browser. Happened with Android as well. I don't know the ins and outs but heard flash has security issues and is being replaced. Commercial games developers are in bed with Microsoft, does that need to be explained? I personally would prefer a dedicated gaming machine but it's an unfair criticism against Linux distros.

It's not a matter of Linux being at fault, it's a matter of what people are willing to go out on a limb to try. If someone has a home network with multiple Windows computers, and they decide to try Linux on one computer, and that causes a networking problem.......even if the fault is with Windows, Linux is the "new" OS in that setup and is the one which will likely be blamed, or if not blamed, perhaps given up on because of the issue.

I am not commenting on the efficiency of Linux OS's for someone who is familiar with using them. I am saying that using Linux, even an OS as similar in form to Windows as Mint, can be difficult in certain situations, and I don't think the average PC user wants to have to deal with that sort of difficulty. I don't think the average PC user wants to have to spend the time to become familiar with a new OS, for that matter, even when it's a new Windows.

You are seeing wraiths and are biased. You have declared a Linux market share of 5 % although it is not true. Plus you show up with that doll which is an offense. A disgusting offense to my eyes.
Yup, just as I thought, stupidity as opposed to discussion. Have a nice life. :thup:

Oh and about the doll, you'll get over it and if not I'm sure you'll be able to find a good shrink.......

Yup, just as I thought, stupidity as opposed to discussion. Have a nice life. :thup:

Oh and about the doll, you'll get over it and if not I'm sure you'll be able to find a good shrink.......
5 % as opposed to reality...

I have had issues with Mint networking on multiple occasions. The issue was networking between Windows PCs and Linux PCs. Figuring out how to get it working properly was something that I am confident many PC users would not have been willing or able to deal with. I've had the same sorts of issues trying to get games to play on Linux. In the past week I've found videos that would not play on VLC on Linux, but played fine on VLC on Windows.

Linux does not have the support Windows does, it is not a type of OS most people are used to, so it is not as easy to use for most beginners.
People are welcome to chose what they want but the criticisms against Linux are often unfair and designed to scare people off in favor of the 800 lb. commercial gorilla. Propaganda in other words.

Networking? I never dicked around with it. I plug in the cable or click the my wifi once. If yours didn't network with Windows that's the fault of Linux?

The only videos I have had trouble with in the past is Adobe flash in a browser. Happened with Android as well. I don't know the ins and outs but heard flash has security issues and is being replaced. Commercial games developers are in bed with Microsoft, does that need to be explained? I personally would prefer a dedicated gaming machine but it's an unfair criticism against Linux distros.

It's not a matter of Linux being at fault, it's a matter of what people are willing to go out on a limb to try. If someone has a home network with multiple Windows computers, and they decide to try Linux on one computer, and that causes a networking problem.......even if the fault is with Windows, Linux is the "new" OS in that setup and is the one which will likely be blamed, or if not blamed, perhaps given up on because of the issue.

I am not commenting on the efficiency of Linux OS's for someone who is familiar with using them. I am saying that using Linux, even an OS as similar in form to Windows as Mint, can be difficult in certain situations, and I don't think the average PC user wants to have to deal with that sort of difficulty. I don't think the average PC user wants to have to spend the time to become familiar with a new OS, for that matter, even when it's a new Windows.
I suppose they could burn a iso dvd trip, fall on it and slice their neck open. Dangerous stuff!

I don't give a shit what the average pc users wants, fears, likes, hopes for, etc. Why are you throwing all tat drama at me? You MS boys are Moonies.

If I had a dollar for every hour that I had to dick around with Windows I could retire. Yet here you two are telling me not to believe my lying eyes.

The fact that obvious rubs your vagina the wrong way is that Linux is here, it works and does so very well, it's free as are numerous state of the art programs that run like greased lightening and install in seconds. Take Krita for example. Probably the best paint program around, Windows versions come out later since they are so good. Like Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.

If you come here and lie or misrepresent something that you apparently see as a threat I will call you on it, period.

I suppose they could burn a iso dvd trip, fall on it and slice their neck open. Dangerous stuff!

I don't give a shit what the average pc users wants, fears, likes, hopes for, etc. Why are you throwing all tat drama at me? You MS boys are Moonies.

If I had a dollar for every hour that I had to dick around with Windows I could retire. Yet here you two are telling me not to believe my lying eyes.

The fact that obvious rubs your vagina the wrong way is that Linux is here, it works and does so very well, it's free as are numerous state of the art programs that run like greased lightening and install in seconds. Take Krita for example. Probably the best paint program around, Windows versions come out later since they are so good. Like Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.

If you come here and lie or misrepresent something that you apparently see as a threat I will call you on it, period.

What are you talking about? You are as bad in overreacting against any criticism or perceived criticism of Linux as any Microsoft fanboy.

I have said, more than once, that I use Linux. I have Mint loaded on two of the three computers I use. I dual boot with Win7 on this machine, and I have it on a laptop I use mostly as a media machine.

You may not give a shit what the average PC users want, but that's the basis of this entire line of conversation. IamwhatIseem said that if you took any 1000 people and gave them Linux Mint, they'd wonder why all computers don't use it. I disagreed, and still disagree, with that statement. It clearly has to do with the average PC user. If you don't give a shit, why are you inserting yourself into a conversation about average PC users?

I am not an "MS boy." I use Linux because I was hoping to get rid of Windows entirely. I found that dropping Windows was not a viable option for me, for a few reasons, but I still use Linux Mint, because it is a perfectly good OS, and it's free. It sometimes leads to problems, but I understood that would likely be the case going in. If Linux got the support that Windows does, if I could use it for games, for school, for all of the same things I use Windows for, without problems, I would. The reality is that I cannot.

If you want to argue that Linux is better than Windows, why don't you do that with someone who is actually saying how much better Windows is than Linux. The misrepresentation going on here is you misrepresenting what I have been saying.

And you Linux fanboys are Loonies........ Like Blie you can't handle anyone even honestly criticizing your OS holy grail. Well life's a bitch, deal with it.

And you Linux fanboys are Loonies........ Like Blie you can't handle anyone even honestly criticizing your OS holy grail. Well life's a bitch, deal with it.
Where is that honest criticism towards "my OS" that you talk about?

What are you talking about? You are as bad in overreacting against any criticism or perceived criticism of Linux as any Microsoft fanboy.

I have said, more than once, that I use Linux. I have Mint loaded on two of the three computers I use. I dual boot with Win7 on this machine, and I have it on a laptop I use mostly as a media machine.

You may not give a shit what the average PC users want, but that's the basis of this entire line of conversation. IamwhatIseem said that if you took any 1000 people and gave them Linux Mint, they'd wonder why all computers don't use it. I disagreed, and still disagree, with that statement. It clearly has to do with the average PC user. If you don't give a shit, why are you inserting yourself into a conversation about average PC users?

I am not an "MS boy." I use Linux because I was hoping to get rid of Windows entirely. I found that dropping Windows was not a viable option for me, for a few reasons, but I still use Linux Mint, because it is a perfectly good OS, and it's free. It sometimes leads to problems, but I understood that would likely be the case going in. If Linux got the support that Windows does, if I could use it for games, for school, for all of the same things I use Windows for, without problems, I would. The reality is that I cannot.

If you want to argue that Linux is better than Windows, why don't you do that with someone who is actually saying how much better Windows is than Linux. The misrepresentation going on here is you misrepresenting what I have been saying.
You lying asshole. I'm not someone else. The topic is Unity is dead, look it up. Don't use someone else's arguments against me. I addressed some misconceptions about Linux you two mentioned, you can't twist it as me saying something else. If I want to make an argument I'll make it. I don't need the permission of a dipshit on the internet. You came out with some theoretical bullshit about average Windows users. Obviously you feel threatened and you wouldn't be if your were confident. You can't even address the points I made.

Forum List

Back