Unity is dead

I have had issues with Mint networking on multiple occasions. The issue was networking between Windows PCs and Linux PCs. Figuring out how to get it working properly was something that I am confident many PC users would not have been willing or able to deal with. I've had the same sorts of issues trying to get games to play on Linux. In the past week I've found videos that would not play on VLC on Linux, but played fine on VLC on Windows.

Linux does not have the support Windows does, it is not a type of OS most people are used to, so it is not as easy to use for most beginners.
People are welcome to chose what they want but the criticisms against Linux are often unfair and designed to scare people off in favor of the 800 lb. commercial gorilla. Propaganda in other words.

Networking? I never dicked around with it. I plug in the cable or click the my wifi once. If yours didn't network with Windows that's the fault of Linux?

The only videos I have had trouble with in the past is Adobe flash in a browser. Happened with Android as well. I don't know the ins and outs but heard flash has security issues and is being replaced. Commercial games developers are in bed with Microsoft, does that need to be explained? I personally would prefer a dedicated gaming machine but it's an unfair criticism against Linux distros.

It's not a matter of Linux being at fault, it's a matter of what people are willing to go out on a limb to try. If someone has a home network with multiple Windows computers, and they decide to try Linux on one computer, and that causes a networking problem.......even if the fault is with Windows, Linux is the "new" OS in that setup and is the one which will likely be blamed, or if not blamed, perhaps given up on because of the issue.

I am not commenting on the efficiency of Linux OS's for someone who is familiar with using them. I am saying that using Linux, even an OS as similar in form to Windows as Mint, can be difficult in certain situations, and I don't think the average PC user wants to have to deal with that sort of difficulty. I don't think the average PC user wants to have to spend the time to become familiar with a new OS, for that matter, even when it's a new Windows.
I suppose they could burn a iso dvd trip, fall on it and slice their neck open. Dangerous stuff!

I don't give a shit what the average pc users wants, fears, likes, hopes for, etc. Why are you throwing all tat drama at me? You MS boys are Moonies.

If I had a dollar for every hour that I had to dick around with Windows I could retire. Yet here you two are telling me not to believe my lying eyes.

The fact that obvious rubs your vagina the wrong way is that Linux is here, it works and does so very well, it's free as are numerous state of the art programs that run like greased lightening and install in seconds. Take Krita for example. Probably the best paint program around, Windows versions come out later since they are so good. Like Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.

If you come here and lie or misrepresent something that you apparently see as a threat I will call you on it, period.
And you Linux fanboys are Loonies........ Like Blie you can't handle anyone even honestly criticizing your OS holy grail. Well life's a bitch, deal with it.
Where is that honest criticism towards "my OS" that you talk about?
Short term memory problem, memory loss due to drugs and/or alcohol or simply oldtimers..........? :dunno:

I have had issues with Mint networking on multiple occasions. The issue was networking between Windows PCs and Linux PCs. Figuring out how to get it working properly was something that I am confident many PC users would not have been willing or able to deal with. I've had the same sorts of issues trying to get games to play on Linux. In the past week I've found videos that would not play on VLC on Linux, but played fine on VLC on Windows.

Linux does not have the support Windows does, it is not a type of OS most people are used to, so it is not as easy to use for most beginners.
People are welcome to chose what they want but the criticisms against Linux are often unfair and designed to scare people off in favor of the 800 lb. commercial gorilla. Propaganda in other words.

Networking? I never dicked around with it. I plug in the cable or click the my wifi once. If yours didn't network with Windows that's the fault of Linux?

The only videos I have had trouble with in the past is Adobe flash in a browser. Happened with Android as well. I don't know the ins and outs but heard flash has security issues and is being replaced. Commercial games developers are in bed with Microsoft, does that need to be explained? I personally would prefer a dedicated gaming machine but it's an unfair criticism against Linux distros.

It's not a matter of Linux being at fault, it's a matter of what people are willing to go out on a limb to try. If someone has a home network with multiple Windows computers, and they decide to try Linux on one computer, and that causes a networking problem.......even if the fault is with Windows, Linux is the "new" OS in that setup and is the one which will likely be blamed, or if not blamed, perhaps given up on because of the issue.

I am not commenting on the efficiency of Linux OS's for someone who is familiar with using them. I am saying that using Linux, even an OS as similar in form to Windows as Mint, can be difficult in certain situations, and I don't think the average PC user wants to have to deal with that sort of difficulty. I don't think the average PC user wants to have to spend the time to become familiar with a new OS, for that matter, even when it's a new Windows.
I suppose they could burn a iso dvd trip, fall on it and slice their neck open. Dangerous stuff!

I don't give a shit what the average pc users wants, fears, likes, hopes for, etc. Why are you throwing all tat drama at me? You MS boys are Moonies.

If I had a dollar for every hour that I had to dick around with Windows I could retire. Yet here you two are telling me not to believe my lying eyes.

The fact that obvious rubs your vagina the wrong way is that Linux is here, it works and does so very well, it's free as are numerous state of the art programs that run like greased lightening and install in seconds. Take Krita for example. Probably the best paint program around, Windows versions come out later since they are so good. Like Firefox, Thunderbird, etc.

If you come here and lie or misrepresent something that you apparently see as a threat I will call you on it, period.
And you Linux fanboys are Loonies........ Like Blie you can't handle anyone even honestly criticizing your OS holy grail. Well life's a bitch, deal with it.
Hey fatboy. The criticism is that someone has problems I haven't encountered so I mention it and you think that's me being unable to handle criticism? Make a valid criticism then. What did I say that is incorrect? What are you trying to do?

Last edited:

Short term memory problem, memory loss due to drugs and/or alcohol or simply oldtimers..........? :dunno:
How about fatfucks that sue the government to sponge off of taxpayers?

Fuck you fatboy. The criticism is that someone has problems I haven't encountered so I mention it and you think that's me being unable to handle criticism? Make a valid criticism isn't of trying to impress people with your needledick.
As usual you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you even in the slightest and come back as the complete narcissistic prick you've been from the get go. Linux doesn't always "just work" the same as Windows doesn't always "just work" every time for every person everywhere, your personal experiences are not the rest of the worlds personal experiences.

Clueless narcissistic prick, I'd expect no less from the likes of you. :thup:

Fuck you fatboy. The criticism is that someone has problems I haven't encountered so I mention it and you think that's me being unable to handle criticism? Make a valid criticism isn't of trying to impress people with your needledick.
As usual you can't handle anyone disagreeing with you even in the slightest and come back as the complete narcissistic prick you've been from the get go. Linux doesn't always "just work" the same as Windows doesn't always "just work" every time for every person everywhere, your personal experiences are not the rest of the worlds personal experiences.
As usual you have nothing substantive to say. You projections are on the weak side. You hopped on my case and all I did was counter propaganda. I've had much more experience in the windows world, it seems you are the one incapable of honesty.

As usual you have nothing substantive to say. You projections are on the weak side. You hopped on my case and all I did was counter propaganda. I've had much more experience in the windows world, it seems you are the one incapable of honesty.
You should be looking in the mirror when you say that, it's your stock in trade.

You should be looking in the mirror when you say that, it's your stock in trade.
Wow, another substantive post from a professional sponge. I asked you what I said that was incorrect and this is all you can manage after pretending to be a big shot?

Wow, another substantive post from a professional sponge. I asked you what I said that was incorrect and this is all you can manage after pretending to be a big shot?
You want to know what was incorrect? Your entire self justifying tirade, there was no propaganda except from Blie and Blie alone, your attack against Mont is your unwillingness to see anything that is not your personal experience as even possibly true.

Look who's talking. Lose your mirror?

Unlike you and Blie I don't attach God like status to any OS and go all jihad when someone questions it..........

You want to know what was incorrect? Your entire self justifying tirade, there was no propaganda except from Blie and Blie alone, your attack against Mont is your unwillingness to see anything that is not your personal experience as even possibly true.
My attack? I responded to his criticism that he had trouble with Linux networking with Windows. That's not a flaw in Linux although people do it all the time. My "attack" was...

"People are welcome to chose what they want but the criticisms against Linux are often unfair and designed to scare people off in favor of the 800 lb. commercial gorilla. Propaganda in other words.

The only videos I have had trouble with in the past is Adobe flash in a browser. Happened with Android as well. I don't know the ins and outs but heard flash has security issues and is being replaced. Commercial games developers are in bed with Microsoft, does that need to be explained? I personally would prefer a dedicated gaming machine but it's an unfair criticism against Linux distros."

Then your fat ass hopped in and you got personal with me and squealed like a stuck hog when I gave it back.

This always happens, people lie and misrepresent Linux, when the misconceptions and propaganda get addressed we get people like you who claim Linux users are fanboys that can't handle criticism. I asked what incorrect statement I made and so far get more of the same.

Unlike you and Blie I don't attach God like status to any OS and go all jihad when someone questions it..........
Same shit, different post. I didn't do that, you're a liar. I'm not the one misrepresenting what OSes do or don't do.

My attack? I responded to his criticism that he had trouble with Linux networking with Windows. That's not a flaw in Linux although people do it all the time. My "attack" was...

"People are welcome to chose what they want but the criticisms against Linux are often unfair and designed to scare people off in favor of the 800 lb. commercial gorilla. Propaganda in other words.

The only videos I have had trouble with in the past is Adobe flash in a browser. Happened with Android as well. I don't know the ins and outs but heard flash has security issues and is being replaced. Commercial games developers are in bed with Microsoft, does that need to be explained? I personally would prefer a dedicated gaming machine but it's an unfair criticism against Linux distros."

Then your fat ass hopped in and you got personal with me and squealed like a stuck hog when I gave it back.

This always happens, people lie and misrepresent Linux, when the misconceptions and propaganda get addressed we get people like you who claim Linux users are fanboys that can't handle criticism. I asked what incorrect statement I made and so far get more of the same.
I was responding to this stupidity;

You lying asshole. I'm not someone else. The topic is Unity is dead, look it up. Don't use someone else's arguments against me. I addressed some misconceptions about Linux you two mentioned, you can't twist it as me saying something else. If I want to make an argument I'll make it. I don't need the permission of a dipshit on the internet. You came out with some theoretical bullshit about average Windows users. Obviously you feel threatened and you wouldn't be if your were confident. You can't even address the points I made.
This is typical of you especially when someone does address your points and you don't like the answer..

Same shit, different post. I didn't do that, you're a liar. I'm not the one misrepresenting what OSes do or don't do.
Coulda fooled me Blie....... Uuuummmm what was your name again?
I didn't say you were misrepresenting, I said you were blindly defending against all dissent, perceived or otherwise.

You lying asshole. I'm not someone else. The topic is Unity is dead, look it up. Don't use someone else's arguments against me. I addressed some misconceptions about Linux you two mentioned, you can't twist it as me saying something else. If I want to make an argument I'll make it. I don't need the permission of a dipshit on the internet. You came out with some theoretical bullshit about average Windows users. Obviously you feel threatened and you wouldn't be if your were confident. You can't even address the points I made.
This is typical of you especially when someone does address your points and you don't like the answer..
Seems you don't like the answers. The criticism was regarding:

"I am not commenting on the efficiency of Linux OS's for someone who is familiar with using them. I am saying that using Linux, even an OS as similar in form to Windows as Mint, can be difficult in certain situations, and I don't think the average PC user wants to have to deal with that sort of difficulty. I don't think the average PC user wants to have to spend the time to become familiar with a new OS, for that matter, even when it's a new Windows."

As I said, what has that got to do with the misconceptions I addressed? People might not be comfortable? So what? It wasn't remotely my point.

I didn't say you were misrepresenting, I said you were blindly defending against all dissent, perceived or otherwise.
Still no answer on what I said that was incorrect, just more personal insults. Who do you think you fooled?

Seems you don't like the answers. The criticism was regarding:

"I am not commenting on the efficiency of Linux OS's for someone who is familiar with using them. I am saying that using Linux, even an OS as similar in form to Windows as Mint, can be difficult in certain situations, and I don't think the average PC user wants to have to deal with that sort of difficulty. I don't think the average PC user wants to have to spend the time to become familiar with a new OS, for that matter, even when it's a new Windows."

As I said, what has that got to do with the misconceptions I addressed? People might not be comfortable? So what? It wasn't remotely my point.
You're still harping on misconceptions....... I wonder why.........

Still no answer on what I said that was incorrect, just more personal insults. Who do you think you fooled?
Don't like your own medicine? Go figure.........
(Maybe you'll now get part of my point...... Though I doubt it.......)

Don't like your own medicine? Go figure.........
(Maybe you'll now get part of my point...... Though I doubt it.......)
....still nothing.

Forum List

Back