Unionized GM plant adds third shift

If the left is able to think without becoming hysterical they might consider that there are two types of unions. Labor unions make products that we presumably purchase and Municipal unions are paid by taxpayers including labor union workers. Even a high profile democrat like Rahm Emanuel who was elected mayor of Chicago is fighting municipal unions who are sucking the City dry with elaborate demands. My guess is that the Chevy plant in Texas hired a 3rd shift in spite of unions not because of them.

In any negotiation with a union, there are two sides. If the side holding the money bag truly cannot afford the demands of the union, then they can say "NO". And if they say "YES" when they should be saying "NO", then you vote the idiots out. That does not mean that the unions are evil and that we should take away their rights to collective bargaining.

It amazes me how we blame the unions for getting the best deal possible for their workers, which is in fact what they are supposed to do, and we let those making out the checks and agreeing to the deal off the hook. Instead of blaming the idiots who agree to bad deals, we have people wanting to make unions illegal. It's fucking comical.

Had Obama not given the "money bag" to the union you might have a point. As it is you just look foolish.

Care to expand on that?

!BwMoY0QBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!j!Ev1+0GyWZBMH4KLngP!~~_35.JPG

I drive a 2002 Toyota Sienna.

230,000 miles, not a squeak or rattle, not a drop of burned oil, nothing less than 25 mpg.

I have no intention of trading, because, WHAT FOR??

Besides that Toyota tried to destroy America in WW2 and used American POWs as slave labor? I am pro Union and pro American

How do you feel about Chrysler?

I drive a 2002 Toyota Sienna.

230,000 miles, not a squeak or rattle, not a drop of burned oil, nothing less than 25 mpg.

I have no intention of trading, because, WHAT FOR??

Besides that Toyota tried to destroy America in WW2 and used American POWs as slave labor? I am pro Union and pro American

How do you feel about Chrysler?

Ah, your comment about BMW has effectively answered the question.

In any negotiation with a union, there are two sides. If the side holding the money bag truly cannot afford the demands of the union, then they can say "NO". And if they say "YES" when they should be saying "NO", then you vote the idiots out. That does not mean that the unions are evil and that we should take away their rights to collective bargaining.

It amazes me how we blame the unions for getting the best deal possible for their workers, which is in fact what they are supposed to do, and we let those making out the checks and agreeing to the deal off the hook. Instead of blaming the idiots who agree to bad deals, we have people wanting to make unions illegal. It's fucking comical.

Had Obama not given the "money bag" to the union you might have a point. As it is you just look foolish.

Care to expand on that?

To what end? It's all history at this point. We can argue till the sun sets about the fairness of Obama's actions but I suspect we would make no progress beyond the first post so what's the point?

Care to expand on that?

To what end? It's all history at this point. We can argue till the sun sets about the fairness of Obama's actions but I suspect we would make no progress beyond the first post so what's the point?

To the end that I might understand your point better if you expanded on it a bit. I had no agenda in asking the question.

Fair enough though, that's your prerogative.

Care to expand on that?

To the end that I might understand your point better if you expanded on it a bit. I had no agenda in asking the question.

I was referring to Obama taking control away from the stock holders.

I was referring to Obama taking control away from the stock holders.

Ah, yes. I was one of them.

Isn't it nice of us to lose money subsidizing GM car manufacturing in China so that even more of their citizens can afford them increasing our competition for fuel. Wow that is an awesome idea! - NOT!

04overseas-graf01.jpg

and they would probably be doing as good if not better, but we will never know.
As mentioned earlier now they can pay the taxpayers back.

Which they still have yet to do. But the shareholders still got screwed...and the Unions got control.
Since I asked earlier in this thread, and none of you have the balls to answer, or admit you don't know, I'll ask you:

Why haven't the taxpayers been paid back already?

*bump* for The T. :lol:

Which they still have yet to do. But the shareholders still got screwed...and the Unions got control.
Since I asked earlier in this thread, and none of you have the balls to answer, or admit you don't know, I'll ask you:

Why haven't the taxpayers been paid back already?

*bump* for The T. :lol:
They have been. In spades.
Of the almost $80B loaned, about half has been paid back at this point.
But beyond that, estimates from any unaffiliated economist will have tell you it saved at least a million jobs. And that is backed up by CBO estimates.

If you believe that GM or Chrysler would have survived bankrupcy, then you must really WANT to believe it, because there is no rational reason to believe they would have. No company was willing to invest the dollars in them at that time. The companies would have been parted out, cents on the dollar.

What I can not believe is that anyone is having a hard time with this action for any rational reasons. The loans will be repaid, but just the benefits of still having a US auto industry is plenty for the rest of us.

I still don't understand why it was our job to bail them out. It honestly makes no sense, so why can't everyone get a bail out, or can it only be companies that politicians like?

Give me a billion dollars and I can make some serious cash on that in a single year... But how is that fair to everyone else that would have to compete with me?

It also is quite amazing to watch people who demand the rich pay higher taxes and claim the Republicans love the rich support policy after policy that literally hands money to the rich.

I still don't understand why it was our job to bail them out. It honestly makes no sense, so why can't everyone get a bail out, or can it only be companies that politicians like?

Give me a billion dollars and I can make some serious cash on that in a single year... But how is that fair to everyone else that would have to compete with me?

It also is quite amazing to watch people who demand the rich pay higher taxes and claim the Republicans love the rich support policy after policy that literally hands money to the rich.

Because it helped save American jobs.

The people of Michigan and Ohio get it.

Because it helped save American jobs.

The people of Michigan and Ohio get it.

The word American only has value to some of these people when they are wrapping themselves in the flag for personal political gain. They do not hold American jobs higher than jobs anywhere else in the world. In fact the only jobs they hold up are jobs that pay less for the same work. They are not believers in America. America to them is just another place to make money. The best country to them is where a corporation can make the most profit for the stockholders and the management. These people are not in that class of course. But they ALL believe that some day they will be. They are several universes past delusional.

ARLINGTON -- General Motors will add a third shift and about 800 jobs to its Arlington truck assembly plant early next year, the company announced Friday, a boost that adds to previously announced expansions.

In total, GM will now add upwards of 1,100 employees to the Arlington plant's payroll in the next year as it prepares to launch a new line of large SUVs for the 2014 model year. Workers have been putting in overtime to meet production demands for the plant's SUVs.

Read more here: GM adding 800 jobs at Arlington plant | Business | Dallas Business, Texas Business, Fort...

This is horrible news. Although its tempting to think that 800 more people with an income is a good thing, we have to look at the big picture. This will make it harder to get Obama out of office. That is the more important result.

The people of this nation need to realize that if we're going to get rid of Obama it may take personal sacrifice - like having to forgo income.

Last edited:
Well, maybe Gm and the Union can name a car for the taxpayers who balied them out..

or maybe a thank you?

Well, maybe Gm and the Union can name a car for the taxpayers who balied them out..

or maybe a thank you?

Do you want a personalized thank you note sent to your address, or will a national ad campaign do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3S94yoCgHQ]General Motors | Thank You (We All Fall Down) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
GM has laid off over 50,000 globally since 2009.
They are looking to hire 800....
Only Chris thinks this is a good thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back