Unionized GM plant adds third shift

Great, just what America needs; more overpaid workers.

How are we ever going to compete with the Chinese it our wokers keep demanding such outrageous compensation packages?

!BwMoY0QBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!j!Ev1+0GyWZBMH4KLngP!~~_35.JPG

I drive a 2002 Toyota Sienna.

230,000 miles, not a squeak or rattle, not a drop of burned oil, nothing less than 25 mpg.

I have no intention of trading, because, WHAT FOR??

230,000 miles, not a squeak or rattle, not a drop of burned oil, nothing less than 25 mpg.

We have multiple trucks. All Dodge or Ford. The oldest Ford isn't used much anymore but its still a solid truck for demo jobs. 260000 miles on it and its all original. I've always told myself I will never buy a foreign made vehicle but now I feel the same way about GM. I'm stuck with Ford I guess lol. May make it difficult to follow through.

Great, just what America needs; more overpaid workers.

How are we ever going to compete with the Chinese it our wokers keep demanding such outrageous compensation packages?

Don't want to compete with China,if people want to be like China move to China. Auto workers are not paid enough.

Of course, not!!

It takes university education to place a bolt in place on the assembly line every 10 minutes. It takes blood, sweat and tears to tighten that bolt, somewhere down the assembly line. Union factory line "workers" deserve as much pay as doctors and judges. And more, because unlike those phony intellectuals, union workers get sweaty once or twice a year. When they try - unsuccessfully - read their union contracts, negotiated for them by somebody literate.

I would rather pay the price of a product produced by some starving Chinese than the price of the same product produced by some free-loader unionist.

Obama saved GM.

Romney said, "Let Detroit go bankrupt."
and they would probably be doing as good if not better, but we will never know.
As mentioned earlier now they can pay the taxpayers back.

Which they still have yet to do. But the shareholders still got screwed...and the Unions got control.
Since I asked earlier in this thread, and none of you have the balls to answer, or admit you don't know, I'll ask you:

Why haven't the taxpayers been paid back already?

ARLINGTON -- General Motors will add a third shift and about 800 jobs to its Arlington truck assembly plant early next year, the company announced Friday, a boost that adds to previously announced expansions.

In total, GM will now add upwards of 1,100 employees to the Arlington plant's payroll in the next year as it prepares to launch a new line of large SUVs for the 2014 model year. Workers have been putting in overtime to meet production demands for the plant's SUVs.

Read more here: GM adding 800 jobs at Arlington plant | Business | Dallas Business, Texas Business, Fort...

Nice!

Besides that Toyota tried to destroy America in WW2 and used American POWs as slave labor? I am pro Union and pro American

I wonder if this is part of some "union contract" with GM that they have to hire these goons.

Cars like the Volt have been a flop whereas cars like the Camaro and Corvette are hot sellers.

It seems GM might be setting themselves up for another bailout in 3-4 years once these new union goons drain the company even more in this recession....a built-in Democrap surprise.

Besides that Toyota tried to destroy America in WW2 and used American POWs as slave labor? I am pro Union and pro American

Damn dude. It's time to get over it.

Oh I'm over it,but that doesn't mean I have to buy their cars. If I were to buy a foreign car it would be a BMW.

If the left is able to think without becoming hysterical they might consider that there are two types of unions. Labor unions make products that we presumably purchase and Municipal unions are paid by taxpayers including labor union workers. Even a high profile democrat like Rahm Emanuel who was elected mayor of Chicago is fighting municipal unions who are sucking the City dry with elaborate demands. My guess is that the Chevy plant in Texas hired a 3rd shift in spite of unions not because of them.

In any negotiation with a union, there are two sides. If the side holding the money bag truly cannot afford the demands of the union, then they can say "NO". And if they say "YES" when they should be saying "NO", then you vote the idiots out. That does not mean that the unions are evil and that we should take away their rights to collective bargaining.

It amazes me how we blame the unions for getting the best deal possible for their workers, which is in fact what they are supposed to do, and we let those making out the checks and agreeing to the deal off the hook. Instead of blaming the idiots who agree to bad deals, we have people wanting to make unions illegal. It's fucking comical.

Hmm, Unions were originally formed on the basis that employees needed a voice that would fight for their right to a fair deal, which could be considered as somewhat different to the "best deal possible".

When unions have been in the ascendancy some of their demands have been frankly anything but fair, and the threat of strike action to secure their demands had the effect of holding a gun to the head of many businesses to secure pay, benefits and conditions that the founders of the union movement had never considered as a goal.

None of which should imply that I don't share your view about those who want to make unions illegal. There has to be balance.

Forum List

Back