Unfortunately my friends, gun control is coming.

Are you arguing guns are harmless?

Or that the Gun Industry doesn't know about the gun show loophole and other methods?

Again, a trial really will sort all this out...

You bring the second Amendment, I'll bring the Sandy Hook Parents...

They are as harmless as hammers and a gazillion other things marketed every day.
There is no gun show loophole. That is made up crap by the liberal media for gullible monkeys like you.
Law tends to triumph over emotion. And nice to see you are using dead kids as political props, you fucking low life scumbag.

If there's no gun show loophole, you won't mind if we close it then, right?

Again,the Tobacco industry didn't even want it to get to a jury...

Not using kids as political props, just pointing out they are everything wrong with the gun-nutter thinking.

Bushmaster sold directly to Nancy Lanza, a crazy woman with a crazier son. He killed 20 kids. That makes them responsible.

Since there is no gun show loophole, what do you propose to close?
Tobacco was totally different, as I've pointed out.
Libs are using dead kids to further their political agenda.
Bushmaster did not sell directly to Nancy Lanza. Manufacturers do not sell directly to retail buyers. They are not responsible because someone stole the gun and committed crimes with it. Any more than Ford is responsible because Adam Lanza used a car they made.

Again, Joe The High School Dropout proves his ignorance.

[

Bushmaster did not sell directly to Nancy Lanza. Manufacturers do not sell directly to retail buyers. They are not responsible because someone stole the gun and committed crimes with it. Any more than Ford is responsible because Adam Lanza used a car they made.

Guy, you can try that one, but I doubt a jury will buy it. The Cerberus Group is trying to dump Freedom Works (the assholes who marketted the Bushmaster to crazy Preppers like Nancy) as quickly as they can. They know what's coming next...

Heh, heh, heh...

20 kids dead will do that. Its hard to argue against that emotional bomb honestly.

It always take an extreme situation in order for the social meter needle to move.

So all Congress needs to do is review the policies that are in place in places like Japan and Australia. They don't have to think or reinvent the wheel. We KNOW they are incapable of original thinking, but this is a no-brainer and the hard work has already been done. Japan has nearly 0% violent crimes and it's not because every household in Tokyo has a gun.

Australia ended their violent deaths by gun in 1996. Americans need to warm up to the idea that other countries solve problems better than we do. Obviously. Let's learn from them and let go of our imperialistic attitudes..and guns.

Japan also has a nearly 100% conviction rate.

If we stopped coddling violent offenders with plea deals and adopted Japan's legal code we might just see a drop in violent crimes too.

After all it's not the law abiding gun owners who are shooting people out there.

If we stopped coddling violent offenders with plea deals and adopted Japan's legal code we might just see a drop in violent crimes too.

After all it's not the law abiding gun owners who are shooting people out there.

Number of prisoners in Japan- 69,502 out of a population of 111 Million.

Number of prisoners in USA - 2,019,234 out of a population of 308 million.

Prisoners statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

It seems to me that the Japanese are doing a few things right.

Such as not letting every fruitcake who wants a gun have one.

Having a social safety net and pushing for 100% employment.

Not making Prisons a For-Profit Business for big, greedy corporations to use slave labor.

Incidently, Lanza, loughner, Holmes were all "Law abiding" citizens with no criminal record- until they shot someone.

Not making Prisons a For-Profit Business for big, greedy corporations to use slave labor.

Incidently, Lanza, loughner, Holmes were all "Law abiding" citizens with no criminal record- until they shot someone.

Yeah we have millions of nonviolent offenders behind bars. That is what inflates our prison population and is a different problem altogether.

So when you compare violent offenders jailed in japan to violent offenders jailed here what do you get.

Yeah we have millions of nonviolent offenders behind bars. That is what inflates our prison population and is a different problem altogether.

So when you compare violent offenders jailed in japan to violent offenders jailed here what do you get.

Don't know and don't care.

I think the problem here is you want to just take ONE part of what Japan does (high conviction rates) like that's a virtue.

If they have high conviction rates, that's kind of a red flag for me. Are you really saying 100% of people charged with a crime in Japan are guilty? Or that their system isn't terribly concerned with civil liberties..

Again, in some ways, a very different culture. In other ways, very similar to us.

The thing is, most industrialized countries limit gun ownership, have extensive safety nets, and only have a fraction of the violent crime we do.

We allow grinding poverty and let everyone have access to guns and wonder why we have such a violent crime rate.

Again, like Deep Throat said, follow the money. See whose makingmoney off the status quo. The gunmakers and the people who run prisons.

I think the problem here is you want to just take ONE part of what Japan does (high conviction rates) like that's a virtue.

If they have high conviction rates, that's kind of a red flag for me. Are you really saying 100% of people charged with a crime in Japan are guilty? Or that their system isn't terribly concerned with civil liberties..

Again, in some ways, a very different culture. In other ways, very similar to us.

The thing is, most industrialized countries limit gun ownership, have extensive safety nets, and only have a fraction of the violent crime we do.

We allow grinding poverty and let everyone have access to guns and wonder why we have such a violent crime rate.

Again, like Deep Throat said, follow the money. See whose makingmoney off the status quo. The gunmakers and the people who run prisons.

The vast majority of gun owners have never and will never commit a violent crime so I don't see how taking their guns will lower the crime rate.

We are a more violent people than most and that's our problem.

The vast majority of gun owners have never and will never commit a violent crime so I don't see how taking their guns will lower the crime rate.

Considering most gun deaths are suicides and domestic arguments, yes, taking away the guns or at least limiting who can have them WOULD lower the death rate, absolutely.

Considering most gun deaths are suicides and domestic arguments, yes, taking away the guns or at least limiting who can have them WOULD lower the death rate, absolutely.
so is it violent crime or the death rate

people who are going to commit suicide will do it whether or not they have a gun

people who are going to commit suicide will do it whether or not they have a gun

Or not. A gun just makes it a lot easier.

Getting rid of the guns won't stop all suicides and murders, but it will make them harder to do.

Again, I'm always amazed that you guys selectively ignore the rest of the world when it solves a problem and you scratch your big monkey craniums and say it'd never work here.

Gun control works in the rest of the world. Single payer, universal health care works in the rest of the world.

Except in this country, you've got vested interests preventing change.

"It's hard to get a man to understand a problem if his paycheck is contingent on him not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Or not. A gun just makes it a lot easier.

So does a bottle of pills. Prescription drugs kill more people than guns

Getting rid of the guns won't stop all suicides and murders, but it will make them harder to do.

No it won't. If you're hell bent on killing someone or there is a so called heat of passion crime it won't matter.

Again, I'm always amazed that you guys selectively ignore the rest of the world when it solves a problem and you scratch your big monkey craniums and say it'd never work here.

I don't care about the rest of the world and I never did. I don't live in the rest of the world and I don't want to.

I don't want anyone telling me I can't own a weapon so as to protect my home and my wife. That is the only reason I own firearms. The government is not going to stop anyone or any several people who want to break into my home or my business are they?

The answer is no. All the cops will do is show up after I or my wife are robbed, beat up and possibly killed. I don't care how remote the possibility is the possibility exists. Just 2 towns over from me a woman was the victim of a home invasion I suppose she thought it was not possible but it was.

If you don't want a weapon then don't buy one but because you are afraid of guns is not a good enough justification for you to take mine.

If you think you have a just cause then I suggest you mobilize your sheep and get the second amendment repealed.

Last edited:
[

Guy, you can try that one, but I doubt a jury will buy it. The Cerberus Group is trying to dump Freedom Works (the assholes who marketted the Bushmaster to crazy Preppers like Nancy) as quickly as they can. They know what's coming next...

Heh, heh, heh...
Are you backing off your claim that she bought the gun directly from Bushmaster? Good, because she didn't. As for Cerberus, what they do is for their own business reasons. Nothing to do with lawsuits.
Again, you have failed in every assertion you've made. Maybe quit while you're getting your ass whooped.

The biggest obstacle to reasonable control laws is the extremism of the NRA and of many guns owners.

The NRA does not represent the interests or rights of guns owners - it represents the financial interests of the gun manufacturers. They will not under any circumstances agree to any gun control legislation that threatens the profitability of the gun manufacturers.

I support gun ownership by law abiding, psychologically healthy people - with proper training and methods of securing those guns.

Figuring out who is law abiding and psychologically healthy is not easy - it's an extremely complex question.

However, since the NRA and wingnut gun owners refuse to discuss anything other that absolute unlimited gun ownership. This whole issue becomes dominated by short sighted extremist on both sides.

Complex problems require complex solutions...usually the sum of partial solutions, but until the NRA and their constituents start to be willing to discuss moderate and somewhat complex solutions to the gun issue, there will only be simplistic and extreme gun control measures - and it will be only a matter of time until they become law.

In short - the NRA should be spearheading a think tank approach to finding ways to stop the use of guns in criminal ways, to stop the use of guns by psychologically deranged people and to reduce the number of gun accidents. They should stop proposing that the more people who own guns, the better off we will all be. That's bunk.

The biggest obstacle to reasonable control laws is the extremism of the NRA and of many guns owners.

The NRA does not represent the interests or rights of guns owners - it represents the financial interests of the gun manufacturers. They will not under any circumstances agree to any gun control legislation that threatens the profitability of the gun manufacturers.

I support gun ownership by law abiding, psychologically healthy people - with proper training and methods of securing those guns.

Figuring out who is law abiding and psychologically healthy is not easy - it's an extremely complex question.

However, since the NRA and wingnut gun owners refuse to discuss anything other that absolute unlimited gun ownership. This whole issue becomes dominated by short sighted extremist on both sides.

Complex problems require complex solutions...usually the sum of partial solutions, but until the NRA and their constituents start to be willing to discuss moderate and somewhat complex solutions to the gun issue, there will only be simplistic and extreme gun control measures - and it will be only a matter of time until they become law.

In short - the NRA should be spearheading a think tank approach to finding ways to stop the use of guns in criminal ways, to stop the use of guns by psychologically deranged people and to reduce the number of gun accidents. They should stop proposing that the more people who own guns, the better off we will all be. That's bunk.
The biggest obstacle to freedom are fascists like you.

I don't care about the rest of the world and I never did. I don't live in the rest of the world and I don't want to.

I don't want anyone telling me I can't own a weapon so as to protect my home and my wife. That is the only reason I own firearms. The government is not going to stop anyone or any several people who want to break into my home or my business are they?

The answer is no. All the cops will do is show up after I or my wife are robbed, beat up and possibly killed. I don't care how remote the possibility is the possibility exists. Just 2 towns over from me a woman was the victim of a home invasion I suppose she thought it was not possible but it was.

If you don't want a weapon then don't buy one but because you are afraid of guns is not a good enough justification for you to take mine.

If you think you have a just cause then I suggest you mobilize your sheep and get the second amendment repealed.

That gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill someone in you family than a bad guy.

And I find it amusing that after advocating an economic system that leaves so many in poverty in the richest country in the world, your biggest fear in life is that one of those poor people might try to take your shit.

Dipshit, I was in the Army for 11 years, and have handled more guns than you ever have.

I'm not afraid of guns.

I'm afraid of crazy people with guns. And frankly, if you guys can't keep the guns out of the hands of crazy people (you largely don't even seem intent on trying) then we should probably just take everyone's guns and call it good.

Because you don't really need them.

Very well said...

The real problem with the gun-makers is that responsible gun ownership wouln't be profitable.

Most of us would look at someone like Nancy Lanza, who owned 8 guns and was a "Prepper" who was stocking up on weapons and rations as someone with a seirous problem.

Bushmaster and Glock look at her as a profit oppurtunity.

No one is taking anyone’s guns, and there’ll be no new Federal ‘AWB.’

States with restrictive gun laws will keep those laws in place; states with few gun regulations will have no new laws enacted.

The problem of gun violence won’t be solved in the courts, and legislative efforts to address the problem will need to be free of new regulations and restrictions.

That gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill someone in you family than a bad guy.

I highly doubt that since the only family I have is my wife. We don't have kids and I still use a biometric locked gun safe.

And I find it amusing that after advocating an economic system that leaves so many in poverty in the richest country in the world, your biggest fear in life is that one of those poor people might try to take your shit.

Really and what economic system would that be? I have no wish for anyone to live in poverty, I just happen to believe that if you do live in poverty that it's your responsibility to get yourself out of poverty

Dipshit, I was in the Army for 11 years, and have handled more guns than you ever have.

I'm not afraid of guns.

I'm afraid of crazy people with guns. And frankly, if you guys can't keep the guns out of the hands of crazy people (you largely don't even seem intent on trying) then we should probably just take everyone's guns and call it good.

Because you don't really need them.
[/quote]

Just because you were in the army doesn't mean you're not a pussy. And I don't put guns in anyone's hands I have mine and don't let anyone else use them.

[

All manufacturers sell through legal channels under highly restrictive conditions with frequent monitoring for compliance by the Feds.
Another Fail-O from Joe, the least educated poster on USMB.

The same can be said for the Tobacco companies, they STILL ended up paying billions and getting severe restrictions on how they can market their product.

Tobacco companies had records with them talking about how their product was harmful and how they could cover up that fact.
Another fail-O from Joe Ignoramus.

No...Joey is not an ignoramus. Joe is an ignoranus. That is: he is both STUPID, and an ASSHOLE.

Forum List

Back